lets make a deal... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

lets make a deal...

i promise to NEVER, EVER post again...'Syracuse needs to put on a goddamn fullcourt press to get in the ACC...ASAP'

I see what you did there.

The Girls and the Conmen may be playing in the MAC some time soon because the Big Daddy Deloss conference is coming to take TCU, WVU, Cincy and Louisville as soon as Mizzou jumps to the SEC which could happen as early as next week. Then it's adios to the BE as a FB conference. The Biggy Daddy Deloss Conference commish just saw his presecessor taken out and shot at dawn and they didn't even give him a last ciggy. He is not letting any moss grow under his feet while Marinatto continues to stare at his belly button while dreaming about adding Nova, Fordham and John Carroll as FB members. A conference with USF, the Girls, Conmen, one or more military academy's and Conf. USA dregs is not keeping it's BCS slot.

First, I'm not sure that the BiG will ever go to 16. But if they did, I don't think the pods will work like that at all. I see the pods eventually being divisions (they can't call them divisions now since I don't believe NCAA regulations allow you to have anything but two divisions with the two champions of each division meeting in a single championship game).

When 4-16 is truly in place, there will be 4 divisions instead of the current two, you play all three teams in your division annually and then you play two teams each from each of the other three pods. There would be no cross-over rivalry game as I see 4 pods/divisions developing.

If the BiG only goes to 14, ND goes to the Legends Division with Michigan, MSU and Nebraska and plays Purdue as its cross-over rivalry game.

Cheers,
Neil

If you do not have cross over rivals then you lose too many rivalries. How would Michigan and Ohio State play every year if they are in different pods? And to a lesser extent Purdue-Indiana, Illinois-Indiana, Purdue-Northwestern, etc? It makes more sense to play your 3 pod mates every year, a cross over rival from each pod every year, and then rotate the last 3 games between the leftover pods.

So for ND games vs Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, and Northwestern are yearly games. That makes them very happy. Then they play once every three years...

Year 1 vs the East- Ohio State, Penn State, Indiana
Year 2 vs the North- Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota
Year 3 vs the South- Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois

I agree that the pods will likely be divisions one day. But for scheduling the above system makes the most sense. You have 6 yearly games and play the other 9 teams once in three years. It keeps existing rivalries better.

its fluckin embarrassing to have to read penn st to the acc garbage. it brings the new board here down a few pegs.
We've obtained a whole bunch of new goslings who believe that all their new, "great", ideas have never been discussed here.

I for one can't wait for the SEC to get #14 and the Big XII to get to 10 ASAP... there'll be another backfill reaction, but then we'll hopefully be done with all this conference alignment stuff for a few years.

We've obtained a whole bunch of new goslings who believe that all their new, "great", ideas have never been discussed here.

I for one can't wait for the SEC to get #14 and the Big XII to get to 10 ASAP... there'll be another backfill reaction, but then we'll hopefully be done with all this conference alignment stuff for a few years.

This happens all the time as a site grows and the if Syracuse football continues to improve you'll see more and more of them and as one of the "goslings" I really don't know every detail that has been discussed.

If you do not have cross over rivals then you lose too many rivalries. How would Michigan and Ohio State play every year if they are in different pods? And to a lesser extent Purdue-Indiana, Illinois-Indiana, Purdue-Northwestern, etc? It makes more sense to play your 3 pod mates every year, a cross over rival from each pod every year, and then rotate the last 3 games between the leftover pods.

So for ND games vs Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, and Northwestern are yearly games. That makes them very happy. Then they play once every three years...

Year 1 vs the East- Ohio State, Penn State, Indiana
Year 2 vs the North- Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota
Year 3 vs the South- Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois

I agree that the pods will likely be divisions one day. But for scheduling the above system makes the most sense. You have 6 yearly games and play the other 9 teams once in three years. It keeps existing rivalries better.

Hadn't thought about that model. However, I still think playing 9 other teams twice in a 6-year cycle is not as optimum as playing the 11 other teams twice in a 4-year cycle.

Assuming a league goes to 16, it will need, imho, to decide what are its crucial "rivalry" games and set the pods up accordingly. Otherwise the Northwesterns, Illinis, Hoosiers etc get royally screwed.

Cheers,
Neil