Lets shock the world | Syracusefan.com

Lets shock the world

Orangezoo

In the wind
We are in the gravy zone. That said we are also banged up. Next week- I don't expect we will do it but I think this team absolutely could if the offense plays well. Next week doesn't define our year for a second if we lose but craziness ensues if we do. Dare to dream and why not us?

Clemson has an awesome set of lines but they are not the explosive offense that is out of reach on the road. FSU is getting some chunk runs on them.

Enjoying tonight like the rest but also daring to dream a little. This is so much fun.

If we can run the ball, control the clock, and eat up large chunks of time, we could have a chance in 4th qtr. I just feel that our D is so vulnerable because of the injuries, it is going to be tough to stop them on D

Next week is a big dividing line for the season. We go into that game as the hunter.

After that game, we're the hunted. We're going to learn a lot about what our team really is.

Amazing thing is, it'll all happen without the question of if we're making a bowl game. Now we're in the "where are we going and how big can it be" phase.

It's uncharted territory for us, to some extent.

Next week is a big dividing line for the season. We go into that game as the hunter.

After that game, we're the hunted. We're going to learn a lot about what our team really is.

Amazing thing is, it'll all happen without the question of if we're making a bowl game. Now we're in the "where are we going and how big can it be" phase.

It's uncharted territory for us, to some extent.
100 as the kids say

Yes, have been rooting for Clemson tonight because I want them to be #3 next week (after Bama loss). A win would not only be one of the biggest in program history, but for the first time we would have to be at the very least in the conversation for the FBS playoff, as that would put us in the top-10. (and before you laugh, I refer you to Cincy last year -- did any of you give them a chance in Sept of last year?). There would obviously be a ton of work that would still need to be done with all the tough games after Clemson, but at least it would give us a moment as fans to dream big. And we all know that ND and FSU can be beaten at home. The toughest one after Clemson will probably be Wake on the road.

We are in the gravy zone. That said we are also banged up. Next week- I don't expect we will do it but I think this team absolutely could if the offense plays well. Next week doesn't define our year for a second if we lose but craziness ensues if we do. Dare to dream and why not us?

Clemson has an awesome set of lines but they are not the explosive offense that is out of reach on the road. FSU is getting some chunk runs on them.

Enjoying tonight like the rest but also daring to dream a little. This is so much fun.

Clemson is a road game with no expectations and then the game after that isn't ACC. We can shut down Shipley he looks very good tonight though.

It’s a reeally tall order to beat Clemson in DV but if we get healthy we def have a shot. We’ve played them tough with lesser Cuse teams.

But I believe we have a very legit chance to beat FSU and ND in a packed Dome.

Clemson looks good. Our opponent after that is struggling with Stanford, which is nice to see

ND has looked very good against the good teams they have played. Ohio St, UNC, and BYU are all good. 2 true road games there and then BYU in Vegas.

Not really sure why they have been so bad against everyone else even Cal should have beat them. Wouldn't surprise me if they struggle with UNLV next week but come out strong against us. Pyne might be shorter than the QB we played today.

One great thing about ND game is we now have a chance to be the first ACC team other than Clemson to beat them. No matter what I think we will not get humiliated like the rest of our conference does against them.

They have gone through this conference like toilet paper and beat everyone not named Clemson like a drum those 5 games per year they play. Not many of the games are close. Its embarrassing. Marshall/Cal/Stanford aren't ACC schools though.

Herbstreit just said he though Clemson would be heavily favored. Doesn’t give CUSE much of a chance.

With the rushing defense they have, Schrader will have to have a career game with his arm AND his feet to give us a chance. At least they don't have the elite pass rushers they have had in the past. He will get chances.

I did not watch Clemson-FSU. Any significance injuries for the Tigers in the game?

We can beat them. Dino knows how to coach against Dabo. This years team is very solid. Good players and well coached. Clemson should be favored, but there’s a decent chance.

Would be huge for the program if we pulled it out.

We have a lot of guys banged up on defense. We can't afford to lose another 2 or 3 of them for the Clemson game.

He would.
He is also right. Let's be fair. On the road. Beat up. Right this second, I would take 3-3 the rest of the way. The away games at Wake and Clemson are just tough for us to win at. Plus Pitt will be a tough task at Pitt. 9-3 would be a wonderful season. It's tough not to want more at this stage. Beating N.D., FSU and B.C. on the way to 9-3 wouldn't be bad.

Herbstreit just said he though Clemson would be heavily favored. Doesn’t give CUSE much of a chance.
I mean, we almost certainly will be heavy underdogs. That would just make a win even bigger.

He is also right. Let's be fair. On the road. Beat up. Right this second, I would take 3-3 the rest of the way. The away games at Wake and Clemson are just tough for us to win at. Plus Pitt will be a tough task at Pitt. 9-3 would be a wonderful season. It's tough not to want more at this stage.

That is all true, but still….6-0 and top 20. “Huge underdog”? That’s for scrub teams.

That is all true, but still….6-0 and top 20. “Huge underdog”? That’s for scrub teams.
Hey, I want to win every game just like everyone else. And if we could wave a magic wand and have everyone available, I would be singing a different tune. But we are going to have more injuries facing physical teams like the Tigers and the fighting Irish. This road is not getting easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom