All Conference
Bad game by Bailey.
Bad game by Nassib.
Bad game by the receivers.
Bad penalties.
Awful special teams.
Defense is the walking wounded.
PTG is done for the season.

....but we still went to 2OT and should have had a chance to at least tie if not for the fumble. As much as we hate Rutgers, they still have the better athletes.

Let's forget the 4th and 1 in the first OT. Bart's not out there anymore and I don't think Macky can move the pile.

We should win next week and move to 4-2. Defensively, we can play with everyone remaining on the schedule. Plus, we should be getting Shamarko and Chan back soon. As long as the offense can step it up, we're going bowling. I think AAM needs to see the field shorlty or Smith needs to get some more carries as Bailey won't be able to wear down the other teams defense and there's no PTG for a spark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHak7veAz3w

PTG was hardly used til last week (in itself stupid). Defense played great, in fact Keon Lyn had his breakout game as far as I am concerned. And most of the offensive downfalls were because they were put into situations to fail by extremely predictable and gutless play calling. Not buying that "bad game" BS... a WHOLE lot more to this one than that.

PTG was hardly used til last week (in itself stupid). Defense played great, in fact Keon Lyn had his breakout game as far as I am concerned. And most of the offensive downfalls were because they were put into situations to fail by extremely predictable and gutless play calling. Not buying that "bad game" BS... a WHOLE lot more to this one than that.

I agree, the play calling was hardly ideal, but the receivers needs to catch the ball and Nassib needs to stop overthrowing it. Nassib can throw it deep, but his accuracy plummets. In the Pinstripe Bowl, Sales was pretty much wide open. After that one overthrow where Chew (I believe) had a few steps, they abandoned the deep ball and rightfuly so.

I agree, the play calling was hardly ideal, but the receivers needs to catch the ball and Nassib needs to stop overthrowing it. Nassib can throw it deep, but his accuracy plummets. In the Pinstripe Bowl, Sales was pretty much wide open. After that one overthrow where Chew (I believe) had a few steps, they abandoned the deep ball and rightfuly so.

Disagree about abandoning the deep ball... and this is an example of how i hate the logic Hackett uses... allow me the floor for a moment... We throw a deep ball once, and abandon it. Even though the mere THREAT actually might soften up other areas, especially when Chew does end up with two steps. However, we are afraid it is a wasted first down, so Goodbye deep ball. YET, we will then pound Bailey to the inside on what seems like at least half of our first down plays. KNOWING he stinks at that role. We will do that all game long, constantly putting the offense in 2-9 situations. We don't even run outside, a Bailey strength, because the whole point is to get him that one or two long runs a game when we can catch the defense off guard. BUT YOU ABANDON THE DOWNFIELD PASS AFTER ONE OR TWO FAILURES???? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE WHEN YOU ARE SITTING BACK AND ALLOWING BAILEY TO DO ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING WITH LESS REWARD?????

Disagree about abandoning the deep ball... and this is an example of how i hate the logic Hackett uses... allow me the floor for a moment... We throw a deep ball once, and abandon it. Even though the mere THREAT actually might soften up other areas, especially when Chew does end up with two steps. However, we are afraid it is a wasted first down, so Goodbye deep ball. YET, we will then pound Bailey to the inside on what seems like at least half of our first down plays. KNOWING he stinks at that role. We will do that all game long, constantly putting the offense in 2-9 situations. We don't even run outside, a Bailey strength, because the whole point is to get him that one or two long runs a game when we can catch the defense off guard. BUT YOU ABANDON THE DOWNFIELD PASS AFTER ONE OR TWO FAILURES???? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE WHEN YOU ARE SITTING BACK AND ALLOWING BAILEY TO DO ESSENTIALLY THE SAME THING WITH LESS REWARD?????
I know I take flak here for my general belief that for the most part football coaches are meatheads, but, well... yeah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom