Letter to PSU Football player | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Letter to PSU Football player

Look, I completely agree that it’s wrong. Way wrong. on all fronts.
What specifically points to racism?

Look, I completely agree that it’s wrong. Way wrong. on all fronts.
What specifically points to racism?

The context provided by his "don't want them to look like Miami players" follow-up.

That erased any doubt in my mind.

What a great response. I'm not sure I could have maintained my composure enough not to go off on this idiot.
Wait one second here. Why don't we start a letter writing campaign to all Penn st recruits and the people they are still recruiting and tell them what we think about things. Of course we will be doing that while pretending to be Penn st fans and alums. How we are all against that ridiculous Supreme court ruling in Brown vs the Board of education. How the south was really fighting over states rights and not slavery even though in South Carolina's succession all they talked about was Slavery and never mentioned states rights. We really could make hay here. Thanks Dave.

Saw ESPN had a blip of the letter on tonight. Missed what was said.

This guy should be used as a tackling dummy during practice.
Its just a generational thing, and believing that young people should dress and look a certain way. Its not intended to be disrespectful. Quite the opposite really. They would like his dress and appearance to be more traditional and respectful of PSU. Its just old fashioned.
What gets me is that they are most assuredly big Joe Pa fans, and he hid, sheltered, and (in my opinion), enabled, a serial pedophile, and they probably pray at his statue on game days, and they are worried about how this kid looks.

Are we really going to debate if this guy is racist or not? If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well it's simply that. Guy is just an old, miserable and racist. Does anyone actually think he isn't?
I think that his letter speaks more to being a milleannialist vs racist.

Are we really going to debate if this guy is racist or not? If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, well it's simply that. Guy is just an old, miserable and racist. Does anyone actually think he isn't?
Find me other letters to young black men on the team before you lable him a racist. Maybe he sent similar letters to white players with long hair.

Find me other letters to young black men on the team before you lable him a racist. Maybe he sent similar letters to white players with long hair.
I'm not doubting it. He may very well be racist. I've just had enough of everything being labeled racist especially when it requires reading between the lines. If you see the word dreadlocks for instance and you immediately think racism, who's the racist? White people can have dreads.

We've gone over the edge with the fingerpointing, which is now almost as bad as the act itself. The "ok" symbol is now being called racist. I feel bad for white deaf people who have to use it for "nine" who will now be labeled racist. If someone decides the "hang loose" gesture will now mean "kill puppies", will we ban all surfers and Hawaiians from using it or suffer being called puppy killers?

Racism, in order to come to an end, also needs the finger pointing to go away.

I'm not doubting it. He may very well be racist. I've just had enough of everything being labeled racist especially when it requires reading between the lines. If you see the word dreadlocks for instance and you immediately think racism, who's the racist? White people can have dreads.

They can. But does anyone know of a white NCAA football player with dreads? What comes to mind when we hear "Miami football player"? (For me, at least, it isn't Ryan Clement or Gino Toretta.)

We've gone over the edge with the fingerpointing, which is now almost as bad as the act itself. The "ok" symbol is now being called racist. I feel bad for white deaf people who have to use it for "nine" who will now be labeled racist. If someone decides the "hang loose" gesture will now mean "kill puppies", will we ban all surfers and Hawaiians from using it or suffer being called puppy killers?

So me considering this guy racist... I'm almost as bad as he is?

So, we need to keep quiet about racism and it will go away? Got it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom