Lettr to the Editor: SU displayed poor sportsmanship vs. WVU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lettr to the Editor: SU displayed poor sportsmanship vs. WVU

Nope. Can't have it both ways. Either it is offensive or it is not. You can't take pride in being a dumb hick and then get mad when people call you a dumb hick.

Only we can treat our pledges that way.

Related story...I was at the SuperDome for the Staurday Final Four in 2003. I was sitting directly across from Texas Fans. When the Hey Song was played the old TX Money sitting in the stands were aghast at that cheer. Then they really loved it when we started chanting, "You Can't Stop Him" when Melo was going off on them. Must of made for a long ride home to A-Town in their Escalades and King Ranch Pickups.

The 20, 000 people turning to them, pointing, then chanting "you suck" I am sure didn't warm their hearts. That was a great, great night.

I find it hard to believe that he thinks these actions only happen at Syracuse. SMH....

He moved from West Virginia to Oswego. You'd be depressed and bitter too.

The funniest one is getting upset over showing the dismayed WVU fans on the jumbotron. ESPN showed them quite a bit too (extremely HD unfriendly bunch that they were). This is such a cruel world!

Related story...I was at the SuperDome for the Saturday Final Four in 2003. I was sitting directly across from Texas Fans. When the Hey Song was played the old TX Money sitting in the stands were aghast at that cheer. Then they really loved it when we started chanting, "You Can't Stop Him" when Melo was going off on them. Must of made for a long ride home to A-Town in their Escalades and King Ranch Pickups.

I was there. After we did that in Boston, and in Albany (which horrified the Auburn and Oklahoma fans too), I believe CBS told the SU band they couldn't play it, so we in the student section did it acapella during the game.

Consider one positive for him, ' West Virginia' just isn't as catchy as the old ' Miami' chant. I wish our student section was even more mortifying in their cheers rather than being mortifying off the field like WVU, attacking pregnant women, rioting, etc.

One thing I do hate though is the "OVERRATED" chant. I cringe every time somebody starts that stupid chant. We are basically saying we couldn't beat you if you were any good.

I can't believe he brought out the word "mortified". That word should be used only to describe a few instances in ones entire life.

Yeah, like being on "Kiss Cam"

Overrated chant is the dumbest thing a winning team should ever do.Nothing like telling the world you just beat a team that just happens to be ranked 40 spots ahead of you.How about a chant of WE ARE UNDERRATED.And i would still love to shove the keys down every persons throat that shakes their keys on 3rd.I'm done

Overrated chant is the dumbest thing a winning team should ever do.Nothing like telling the world you just beat a **** team that just happens to be ranked 40 spots ahead of you.How about a chant of WE ARE UNDERRATED.And i would still love to shove the keys down every persons throat that shakes them on 3rd.I'm done

How about something with a bit more profanity. Forget 'overrated', go for the jugular.

I'd trade Navy fans and Air Force fans for WV fans any day of the week.

One thing I do hate though is the "OVERRATED" chant. I cringe every time somebody starts that stupid chant. We are basically saying we couldn't beat you if you were any good.

I have begged people not to do it especially after we bent unc over at msg. I freaking hate the overrated chant, but love when I hear it against is.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ask this guy while the dueling banjos was in bad taste if the pregnant woman who suffered bruising on her arms, legs and shoulders at the LSU-WVU game feels the same way about WVU fans. The "hey song" while isn't ideal for children is a SU student section tradition, and isn't that bad. This guy is just raining on our signature win and is obviously a WVU fan.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-victims-of-assault-after-west-virginia-game/

Also, if he wants to see class he should go to the WVU-Louisville game, and see how much class the Eers will show the Cardinals and their fans who go.

I'm glad we ruined the guys night. Hope he stays away.

I was pretty psyched to hear the hey song make an appearance. I hope they keep it. As for the dueling banjos I thought it was pretty funny. Sad when we can be made fun of but when we make fun of people...good lord. Glad he is staying away. I went to Morgantown back in the McNabb years and got lit up by their fan base so screw him.

I'm glad we ruined the guys night. Hope he stays away.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

There a great deal of loutish behavior and chanted profanity at college and even high school sporting events. Syracuse isn't in the same universe as Maryland, where the school has been moved to address the problem by the President lecturing them and threatening to remove rowdy students / fans from the stands.

But you can't have it both ways. Given that this behavior is offensive to some, you can't cheer it or excuse it and then whine about Dome attendance.

The band may have to rethink its 2014 halftime show, tentatively titled, "Dust in the Wind: A Tribute to Miner's Lung."

I remember being heckled pregame while tailgating in Morgantown on the street that leads to the stadium. No big deal. I also remember a pickup truck towing a flat bed with a few fellas in overalls in the back on their way to the game, they also had a couple of pigs and chickens running around in the flat bed...no lie. Best time I ever spent in WV however was at a Hank Jr concert, was sitting next to a 300lb+ WV man with his 90 lb 70+ year old mother. Momma leaned over to me, and said "Honey, if you fetch me cokes all night we'll share" At this point she opened her purse to show me a 1/2 gallon bottle of Jack. By the end of the show the bottle was gone and so was I!

Kiss Cam, Su/Rutgers, 2007, two chicks kissing

I remember that. They focused in on the girl/guy couple and the girl went for the girl sitting on the other side of the guy. Brought down the house.

i digress. just replay that the whole game, every game.There would never be a silent time during the game.

This coming from a fan of a school who's AD had to make a plea to stop people from making W VU shirts.

My kids can read and they were "mortified".;)

I'm assuming the PS is getting tons of reply letters - I'm sure they will print the worst ones

I've been to more than a few professional and college venues across all sports, and the Dome is basically like the Magic Kingdom when it comes to how opposing fans are treated.

This dude should put on a #12 Pats jersey, head on down I-90 to a Bills game, and see how "mortified" he is at his treatment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom