Liberty Skull Session | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Liberty Skull Session

I honestly think Rutgers will be their Super Bowl. That's a power 5 team they have a legitimate shot at beating. Who knows . . . .

I think they have much higher goals than that. They've got a punchers chance against anyone on their schedule but they'll likely be giving points in that one.

You guys really are missing a lot of points about us (Liberty fan). AGG is a stud receiver and likely will be a 2-4 round draft pick. Buckshot’s health is no concern. On D Jesse is a beast but Austin Lewis (DE) was a freshman all American last year (he also put on like 20-30 pounds of muscle and is even faster). Solomon Ajayi is a stud. Our defense was terrible because of coaching last year. I expect y’all to win but we will keep it closer than y’all will be comfortable with. 41-27 y’all pull away in the 4th. Just to show y’all how rocking it’s going to be this was today...

Sounds a lot like our 2009 team with Paulis at qb, Mike Williams at WR, Delone Carter at RB, and Chan Jones at DE along with a handful of others. We were in most games but ended up limping to a 4-8 finish.

Problem will be depth as after top 10 players and back end of the defense giving up chunk plays when Lewis doesn't get to the qb. Looking at your schedule I think you can get 6-8 wins and have enough on roster to make the bigger name P5 teams sweat a bit but year one of a rebuild always will have depth issues as many won't fit the new system.

Week 1 will be interesting vs our tempo especially if it's hot and muggy but year 3 is probably when you'll really make noise especially if Lewis stays in school. I'm sure AGG will make some plays but we've got cover corners that can hang with eilte wr's and a ball hawk safety if buckshot locks in. My question for you is how do you feel about your OT's because our DE group is elite and not sure AGG will have time to work downfield unless you can slow them down.

Sounds a lot like our 2009 team with Paulis at qb, Mike Williams at WR, Delone Carter at RB, and Chan Jones at DE along with a handful of others. We were in most games but ended up limping to a 4-8 finish.

Problem will be depth as after top 10 players and back end of the defense giving up chunk plays when Lewis doesn't get to the qb. Looking at your schedule I think you can get 6-8 wins and have enough on roster to make the bigger name P5 teams sweat a bit but year one of a rebuild always will have depth issues as many won't fit the new system.

Week 1 will be interesting vs our tempo especially if it's hot and muggy but year 3 is probably when you'll really make noise especially if Lewis stays in school. I'm sure AGG will make some plays but we've got cover corners that can hang with eilte wr's and a ball hawk safety if buckshot locks in. My question for you is how do you feel about your OT's because our DE group is elite and not sure AGG will have time to work downfield unless you can slow them down.

I’m slightly concerned about that. One good thing for us is our RB’s should be able to run the ball. That should help take the pressure off of the OT. The interior line is actually really solid so expect for us to try to run inside.

No offense, but Baylor went 1-11 that year and ODU went 4-8 last year. It might not be a walk in the park, but this isn't 2017 Baylor or 2018 ODU coming to town. This is a 10-win ACC team entering year 4 of playing in a system that has proven successful literally everywhere. A bit of a different beast :)

No offense taken lol. I know this is a different animal. I’ve been pretty honest about we should lose this game by 14. One thing I’ve learned about Liberty from my time as a fan is we always seem ready for the big games but struggle to find that fire in other small games. ODU did beat VT by 14 last year for what it’s worth lol (52-10 win for us).

I’m slightly concerned about that. One good thing for us is our RB’s should be able to run the ball. That should help take the pressure off of the OT. The interior line is actually really solid so expect for us to try to run inside.

Our secondary and pass rush are both strengths, so running is a good thought. I wouldn’t plan on success running up the middle, though. There will be a lot of feeling things out - but our D will be good pretty much everywhere.

Maybe LBs will be prone to some mistakes.

I figured I would come over and at least let y’all know what to expect lol. Hopefully a bunch of y’all head down for the game. It should be a great time and I’m sure y’all will be impressed by our student section. The Jokers are sure to have done their homework (here is a video on them).

No offense taken lol. I know this is a different animal. I’ve been pretty honest about we should lose this game by 14. One thing I’ve learned about Liberty from my time as a fan is we always seem ready for the big games but struggle to find that fire in other small games. ODU did beat VT by 14 last year for what it’s worth lol (52-10 win for us).
What is the situation with your head coach? Is he going to make it back to coach against Syracuse?

How devastating will it be to lose him, even if only for most of the preseason practices?

I would imagine the timing is horrific. Hope he gets better soon. What a shame.

Let me say it again...CUSE 52 Liberty 14...With or without their head coach.

I figured I would come over and at least let y’all know what to expect lol. Hopefully a bunch of y’all head down for the game. It should be a great time and I’m sure y’all will be impressed by our student section. The Jokers are sure to have done their homework (here is a video on them).

Jerry’s Jokers is an apt name.

What is the situation with your head coach? Is he going to make it back to coach against Syracuse?

How devastating will it be to lose him, even if only for most of the preseason practices?

I would imagine the timing is horrific. Hope he gets better soon. What a shame.

He will be back and will be in the booth for the game. It’s a little concerning because he missed the end of camp but he is expected to be back on campus helping out soon. Offensively it’s not as big of a deal because we ran a similar offense last year. Defensively he has been on record saying his DC runs that show so it shouldn’t be a major deal. Kent Austin is also coaching and should have helped with that being he was a Grey Cup winning head coach in the CFL.

This game comes down to:

Coaching - The ability of the SU staff to make in-game adjustments once they see what Liberty has.

Talent - Liberty has more talent than most teams in their status, but overall, SU has more depth and weapons.

Weather - As we have seen previously, this can be a huge equalizer with SU. I don’t want to see any monsoons.

Trishton Jackson, Nykeim Johnson, and Chris Elmore will not play vs Liberty week 1 per Stephen Bailey on Twitter. McKinley Williams expects to be back week 2 or 3 (in time for Clemson).
Upsetting to not play at full strength but might get to see some Luke Benson and some of the younger WRs. Still makes me a little uneasy though

Trishton Jackson, Nykeim Johnson, and Chris Elmore will not play vs Liberty week 1 per Stephen Bailey on Twitter. McKinley Williams expects to be back week 2 or 3 (in time for Clemson).
Upsetting to not play at full strength but might get to see some Luke Benson and some of the younger WRs. Still makes me a little uneasy though
"No limited guys (Trishton Jackson, Chris Elmore, Nykeim Johnson, etc.) are expected to miss the opener at Liberty." . We're good barring further injury.

I mis-read that at first as well. I believe he said those guys are NOT expected to miss the Liberty game.

Scared me there for a second...

Doesn't say 'will not play vs Liberty' They're in green jerseys running routes normally. Just mean limited. We still have 11 days.

Doesn't say 'will not play vs Liberty' They're in green jerseys running routes normally. Just mean limited. We still have 11 days.

Yup those guys should be good to go and I believe all of our official scrimmages are done. At this point I would assume all of limited guys will not see any contact until Liberty and probably some of the upper class guys like Alton and Ruff and others are in the same boat. Why risk an injury at this point.

I hope that SU runs power to start the game. Dominate them between the tackles. Pound the ball and beat them physically. If we can force them to stuff the box this will become a blow out. I hope we can stay Vanilla for Liberty and save the wrinkles for the Terps.

It’s nice to be the biggest game in a programs history! Last year at WMU at least half the crowd left at halftime, I imagine when the Flames go down by four TDS at the half we’ll see that again.