lil something different | Syracusefan.com

lil something different

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
I cant spend another day talking or reading only about BF... Let switch it up for a sec? Pets. What ya got?

I grew up with retrievers, but when it came time to get our first dog the wife wanted an ankle biter and I'm sure as many of you know, wifey gets what she wants. We have a 6 month old shi tzu - bijon pup named Jameson. Pretty much the coolest dog in the world. Takes these arctic temps like a champ (as long as he has shoes and a jacket on)
321270_10150560410393452_681213451_11638077_172384841_n.jpg

Your turn. What ya got?

I have a 4-year-old French Bulldog, named Angus Young. I don't have a pic right now I can post...but he's a great dog and a true character. I grew up with a Schnauzer named Ramona.

excellent dog name
Thanks...he's obviously named after the AC/DC guitarist but it works in another way as well. People think he looks like a cow because of his white and black coloring, so some people think he's named after Angus beef.

Thanks...he's obviously named after the AC/DC guitarist but it works in another way as well. People think he looks like a cow because of his white and black coloring, so some people think he's named after Angus beef.
all around a win/win

I have two pugs. Agnes (3 years old) and Gladys (4 years old). They are named dyer our grandmothers. Great dogs.

We have a 2 year old British Blue Shorthair named Cooper. And we also have a 7 month old American Silver Shorthair named Thomas Fibonacci. We just call him Scooch.

I have two pugs. Agnes (3 years old) and Gladys (4 years old). They are named dyer our grandmothers. Great dogs.

Once I found out that my wife wasent budging on the small dog thing, I went all in on a pug.. Lost that battle obv

I have a 2 year old Boston Terrier. I grew up with a Beagle/corridgy mix and 1 eye'd boxer. I am thinking about getting a French Bulldog to go with my BT. I love my current dog, she follows me everywhere and has quite a personality. She has two speeds fast or asleep, super energetic.

I am a huge dog person. Right now I have 2.1 dogs:

My Ridgeback 7 YO Boy - Rooyen - named after an early lion hunter that helped develop the breed

My Shepherd 12 YO Mix - Abby - an older female

My .1 - Kip - A (7 YO?) feisty little boy - maybe part POM, part Chihuahua - weights in at 7.5 pounds - he is a shelter tripod boy that we kept after fostering as a result of his amputation surgery.

We have two dogs. One is a 10 year old Chessie/Lab mix named Buckley after Jeff Buckley. The other is a 5 year old Blue Heeler named Olive.
Olive.jpg
IMAGE_092.jpg

This was my golden retriever R.J. who passed two years ago.

Sorry about your loss.. We lost our 15 year old golden Mitchell back in may.. Only dog allowed in the Penn Yan bars

I have a 2 year old Boston Terrier. I grew up with a Beagle/corridgy mix and 1 eye'd boxer. I am thinking about getting a French Bulldog to go with my BT. I love my current dog, she follows me everywhere and has quite a personality. She has two speeds fast or asleep, super energetic.
You should definitely consider a Frenchie...as you probably know (since Bostons are similar), they do tend to have some health issues, notably issues with their breathing and some skin allergies. Angus has something called megasaphagus (sp?), which impacts his digestion. He's on medication so that he can get his food down properly. Like Bostons, they tend to be lazy but then have fits of manic energy...he does wind sprints out of nowhere around our living room and dining room.

Sorry about your loss.. We lost our 15 year old golden Mitchell back in may.. Only dog allowed in the Penn Yan bars

We've had three goldens and I'll never get another breed. Absolutely fantastic family dogs.

My little brother was bitten by a golden, and i know thats the exception and not the rule but I will be forever skeptical of goldens but I am very sorry for your loss. Losing your pet/best friend is super hard, my dog is only 2 and when i think about her mortality, and i do, i nearly break down. As for the Frenchy, ever since i had the boxer when i was a kid i fell in love with brachisophylic (sp?) dogs, I love 'em. My wife is obsessed with Frenchy's but feels like if we ever get anything but a BT she will be a traitor to the breed. As for the BT being lazy, not mine, perhaps she has to much terrier in her but she has energy for days. When i take her to my parents who have a very large backyard she will literally run back and forth for hours non-stop. Shes an absolute nut.

My little brother was bitten by a golden, and i know thats the exception and not the rule but I will be forever skeptical of goldens but I am very sorry for your loss. Losing your pet/best friend is super hard, my dog is only 2 and when i think about her mortality, and i do, i nearly break down. As for the Frenchy, ever since i had the boxer when i was a kid i fell in love with brachisophylic (sp?) dogs, I love 'em. My wife is obsessed with Frenchy's but feels like if we ever get anything but a BT she will be a traitor to the breed. As for the BT being lazy, not mine, perhaps she has to much terrier in her but she has energy for days. When i take her to my parents who have a very large backyard she will literally run back and forth for hours non-stop. Shes an absolute nut.

What did your brother do?

What did your brother do?

he pet it... dog then bit him in the face. I witnessed it from about 20 feet. I was always afraid of this dog, it growled and nipped at me as a kid. This dog was like the gray gorilla's of golden's. I think it was very inbred, and it was very ugly for the breed. My brother did not provoke it, he just pet its head and very quickly the dog messed up my brother face. He's 22 now and still has some visible scars when he's clean shaven.

he pet it... dog then bit him in the face. I witnessed it from about 20 feet. I was always afraid of this dog, it growled and nipped at me as a kid. This dog was like the gray gorilla's of golden's. I think it was very inbred, and it was very ugly for the breed. My brother did not provoke it, he just pet its head and very quickly the dog messed up my brother face. He's 22 now and still has some visible scars when he's clean shaven.

Did you get it in West Virginia?

Prolly a dog that was tied up outside 24/7... It always makes me sick to see a dog tied up like that. If you cant take care of him, dont get him.

My favorite dog who has since passed away was a Redbone Coonhound I got when I lived in South Carolina. Got him from my vet whose kid had named him Bubba James. He just looked like a Bubba.

Currently we don't have room for a big dog so we got an ankle biter. She is a chihuahua/dachshund mix. She is a great dog but I do miss having a big dog.