lil something different | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

lil something different

Prolly a dog that was tied up outside 24/7... It always makes me sick to see a dog tied up like that. If you cant take care of him, dont get him.
I know that would be the general concensus but now, this dog was well treated in a home that loved animals. This dog just had some Mike Tyson like chemical imbalance.

I know that would be the general concensus but now, this dog was well treated in a home that loved animals. This dog just had some Mike Tyson like chemical imbalance.
Oh no doubt. Guess some dogs are just mean. Sorry about your brother tho, I hope that didnt turn him off dogs all together

Two black lab and God-knows-what mixes, siblings, found in a ditch when they were maybe 6 weeks old. Literally- some jackhole pulled up, tossed out a garbage bag. 86 year old woman saw it happen, thought they tossed garbage, went to clean it up and found them- one male, one female. She was too old to keep them, so we ended up with them. That was in 1999. My first child was born in 2000, and since he was about 3, the male sleeps in his bed every night. The female rotates around the house from bed to bed, in between "patrols". They're the best friends my three kids have ever had and as they approach failing health and the end, it gets more and more difficult to think about our home without them.

We also have a cat, which I call PeteCalvin, because she's such a whiny little bitch. :rolling:

Oh no doubt. Guess some dogs are just mean. Sorry about your brother tho, I hope that didnt turn him off dogs all together
not at all, it had a more damaging effect on me than him. I was cured of my fear when we got our own dogs. He for some reason never had the fear. He's always been a pretty tough kid, fearless to a fault.

Da boys. Miniature Schnuazers. Have never owned another breed. These are numbers 7 and 8.

The pups.jpg

Da boys. Miniature Schnuazers. Have never owned another breed. These are numbers 7 and 8.
My wife was talking about them for our next pup.. Pretty well behaved? Are they crazy energetic? Lazy?

Otto, English Bulldog
I wanted to name my pup Otto so bad! But again, the wife always wins. I was lucky she let me name him after a whisky.. Wait till she finds out that I want to name our kids either Melo, or Weslica (Its gonna be the new Jessica):cool:

My wife was talking about them for our next pup.. Pretty well behaved? Are they crazy energetic? Lazy?

Well, they are terriers so they tend to be pretty high strung but are highly trainable. I would strongly suggest you get a female the first time as they tend to be better behaved and will never wander from the house like a male will if they get loose. You have to play with them every day for about an hour as they are easily bored and don't like being away from their family for any extended period. They are wicked smart and great watch dogs. They don't shed.

Did you see the story about English Bulldogs in the NY Times Magazine on Sunday (cover story). VERY SAD story. According to the story, most of them don't live any where near 10 years. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/magazine/can-the-bulldog-be-saved.html?scp=1&sq=bulldog&st=cse

I didn't see the story...thanks for the link. They are generally an unhealthy breed, there is no question about that. They are also very expensive initially due to the difficult births by the mother (all are delivered by C-Section due to the size of their heads). Thankfully, I haven't had many serious issues with mine and he's still going strong. And generally, they are great family dogs and apartment/city dogs due to their low activity levels.

Have a black American-Standard Poodle back home (no, we don't doll her up in ridiculous ways) named Lilly. I don't think I have any pics here...

Have a black American-Standard Poodle back home (no, we don't doll her up in ridiculous ways) named Lilly. I don't think I have any pics here...

We had a nasty lacrosse player for Penn Yan, ended up playing at Navy. He had a poodle, all dolled up. It was funny as hell seeing this huge dude walking this little dog

We lost both our dogs within a year of eachother several years ago. I swore I would never have another after Sydney and Dixie. We now have a 2 year old Yellow Lab named MacKenzie. (we've lately been calling her GMac.) Truth be known, life isn't as full without a dog in the house.

I have a 4-year-old eclectus parrot named Jameson. He doesn't talk but he does mimic the house phone and my old cell phone ringtone perfectly. He's a good boy.

l.jpg

Two minature daschunds who are my avatar or whatever were calling it, they used to be my sig pic on Scout. There almost a year and a half and man what a ball of energy these guys can go for hours but there also loving, protective, and everyone just loves them. They have there issues as all dogs do with some fighting and peeing in the house occassionaly but couldnt picture them not around. As Joe College noted the only fear is there mortality, I lost two of my parents dogs recently one about 3 years ago and one about a month and a half ago, very hard to deal with.

Two minature daschunds who are my avatar or whatever were calling it, they used to be my sig pic on Scout. There almost a year and a half and man what a ball of energy these guys can go for hours but there also loving, protective, and everyone just loves them. They have there issues as all dogs do with some fighting and peeing in the house occassionaly but couldnt picture them not around. As Joe College noted the only fear is there mortality, I lost two of my parents dogs recently one about 3 years ago and one about a month and a half ago, very hard to deal with.

I'm pretty sure meeting your dogs is what kicked my wife into "little dog" mode.. I had her convinced we needed a retriever up until that point!

I'm pretty sure meeting your dogs is what kicked my wife into "little dog" mode.. I had her convinced we needed a retriever up until that point!

LOL she seemed to like them a lot so I am not suprised, my apologies but those little guys have that affect. Hopefully next go around its your choice!

The bride and I have 4 cats, all rescues from the animal protection league. Grisabella, Mungo Jeri, Madonna and Guinness. Cats are incredible creatures!

Have two cats. Both purebreds. One Siamese (the skinny, weird version). And the other is a Cornish Rex (kinda like Mr. Bigglesworth). I like my pets to be a lil weird. :)

I'll get a dog if I ever move out of the city. Don't think it's fair to them, and I just don't have the time right now. Maybe a Shiba Inu, or Frenchie, or in the Greyhound family. Something medium to small size with short hair.

bumpski... I just got me a new pup... another boston terrier. Named him Walter. He appears to be a pimp... to early to tell though.