lil something different | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

lil something different

i named my hound amos t. bass. after my favorite mayberry rock thrower ernest.
"i don't chew my cabbage twice"

2 year old Goldendoodle named Tate. Friendliest dog in the world.

_MG_0035.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg
PICT0666.jpg

I cant spend another day talking or reading only about BF... Let switch it up for a sec? Pets. What ya got?

Brother and sister we've had since June of 1997. Mother was chow/golden retriever mix and dad was a papered Akita.
They are really showing their age now though.

5 cats, all Maine Coons
4 dogs - 1 mutt (lab/collie mix), 1 border collie, 2 golden pyrenees
4 horses - 1 national show horse, 1 Arabian, 1 Andalusian, 1 Irish Cob

Titus, 10 year old English Bulldog

Any advice on English Bulldogs? I just rescued a Bulldog down here in NC. It's a really beautiful dog, but very shy. She is definitely getting spoiled though and has a clean bill of health.

Any advice on English Bulldogs? I just rescued a Bulldog down here in NC. It's a really beautiful dog, but very shy. She is definitely getting spoiled though and has a clean bill of health.

Posted this two weeks ago. English bulldogs are very sweet dogs that have been bred into dogs that live unhappy, short lives. I commend you for rescuing a "rescue dog." But people should not be seeking them from breeders. Read this and cry. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/magazine/can-the-bulldog-be-saved.html?scp=1&sq=bulldog&st=cse

Posted this two weeks ago. English bulldogs are very sweet dogs that have been bred into dogs that live unhappy, short lives. I commend you for rescuing a "rescue dog." But people should not be seeking them from breeders. Read this and cry. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/magazine/can-the-bulldog-be-saved.html?scp=1&sq=bulldog&st=cse

Thank you for posting that article. I've said many times post-vick, that it takes a caring and special person to raise a dog. Too many people are treating bulldogs like cashcows and it's really sad. After reading that, I may consider getting mine spayed. I really wouldn't want her to go through any unnecessary pain or health problems on top of anything else.

My avatar is a spitting image my dog. Bevo (my screen name). Named her after Bevo Francis, one of the first great big man basketball players.

Lived with me at Skytop for 3 years. Things were looser then. Great dog.

St Bernards also aren't noted for their longevity. When she died at 9 years old I made up my mind not to get another dog. You get so damned attached to them and then they die.

I figure I'll get another one when I get to the age when the actuarial tables show that the dog has a longer life expectancy than me.

I read the link that CTO sent and its undoubtedly very sad, if a bit overdramatic. Regarding advice on keeping them healthy? I'm not sure there is anything you can really do but you may want to check with the vet to make sure that your dog isn't allergic to his food etc. That can certainly exacerbate some of the skin/ear/nose issues which are prevalent to bullies.

Knock on wood, mine has overall been relatively healthy though he does have the standard bulldog skin issues (and I have the vet bills to prove it.) Other than those issues, they are extremely low maintenance regarding exercise. My dog barely wants to get off the couch to go outside to the bathroom. They are the laziest of lazy. And you won't find a friendlier breed. If you have kids, they are great with them also. They generally love people but I know some of them can get a bit aggressive with other dogs.

Other advice: Obviously, keep them out of the heat because they will overheat in a heartbeat. No long walks in the summers. Oh, and they fart and burp like crazy (at least mine does). Overall, I think its a great breed despite the NYT piece (which certainly will atleast make me think twice about going that route if I were to get another dog).

Awesome thread :) Here's my bud as a pup and now a little older :

Crap ... can't upload pics. Nevermind

Awesome thread :) Here's my bud as a pup and now a little older :

Crap ... can't upload pics. Nevermind

It was easy to do when i posted the first pic of my pup, but now I cant figure it out. Ill toy around and if I figure it out ill let you know

jameson.jpg

Figured it out. At the bottom where it says "post reply" it also says "upload a file" Thats the one you want.

^^ so the wife wanted the pup to get pictures with Santa... Christmas cards for the fam. I swear, she likes that lil guy more than me!

Currently have a Black Lab/Rottweiler mix. 10 years old, incredibly sweet dog

Through the years we have had a Beagle/Shepard mix, a Black Lab/Spaniel mix,
and a Whippet

5 cats, all Maine Coons
4 dogs - 1 mutt (lab/collie mix), 1 border collie, 2 golden pyrenees
4 horses - 1 national show horse, 1 Arabian, 1 Andalusian, 1 Irish Cob
Why would anyone get a lapdog when they could have a Maine Coon?

Meet Lucas, our Italian Greyhound. 1/7th the size of a greyhound, but silly fast, sillier jumping ability.

looky.JPG

Are those your Alaskan hunting dogs?

They do a pretty good job at letting us know when there are moose in the yard but that's about it.

I know we have a lot of new posters, any new pups to share?

First pic kills me, like he's really sitting nicely in the chair. They is like people, they is!

Lil Jackson Daniels is one hell of a bluffer too.

Great pictures, I know my fiance has a ton of my two terrors, will see If I can get her to send me a couple to post.