Lineup / set changes required to salvage the season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Lineup / set changes required to salvage the season

Yep. I love a lot of his game. I thought he'd develop that aspect, but it hasn't happened. In my opinion, this as much as anything has led to the five-year stretch of mediocrity at SU: Boeheim needs two guards who can play the point. And we haven't had that since Triche graduated. Lack of a combo guard has a ripple effect on the rest of the lineup and has people like Hughes playing roles that aren't a perfect fit.

Kind of a reason why I want to see a lineup of Howard and Carey together with Battle at the 3 at times.

Battle is a great player, a hard worker, etc. He just isn't a natural ball handler, or a guy who is smooth with the ball in his hands.

He's rounded into form as an adequate [albeit methodical] dribbler who has a couple of moves in his bag of tricks that he has worked on and developed into go-to defaults. But those uconn / Oregon games highlighted how much he struggles to create separation when he's forced to over-handle the ball.

I was personally hoping he would have improved his passing game at this point as well. When he's attacking, there should be plenty of opportunities to kick out for a three. Just not there yet.

Oshae shoots 38% on 2’s
Trevor Cooney shot 41% on 2’s
Cj Fair shot 48% on 2’s
Jerami Grant shot 50% on 2’s
Brandon Triche shot 50% on 2’s
Tyler Lydon shot 54% on 2’s

A lot of the guys I mentioned with Oshae were vilified on this board for not playing to fans expectations while people here think Oshae is great and he’s not even the offensive player any of those guys were.

He’s shooting 42% this year on 2’s and that will likely only go up with second chance opps and looking for the ball when our iso players draw defenders.

He’s not playing to his strengths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom