Omari Palmer
Middle Island, NY (Longwood)
6-3 295 OL
(O)
(03/22/2012)

Joshua Parris
Stone Mountain, GA (Stephenson)
6-3 230 TE
(O) Virginia Tech, Mississippi, Boston College, South Florida, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia
(06/10/2011)

Alvin Cornelius
Staten Island, NY (Tottenville)
6-3 190 WR
(O) Vanderbilt, Buffalo, Temple, Akron
*NJ NIKE Camp 1st Team
(06/13/2011)

Poncho Barnwell
Rochester, NY (East)
6-3 218 DE
(O) Buffalo, Akron
(06/15/2011)

James Washington
Winter Park, FL (Winter Park)
6-3 220 LB/DE
(O) South Carolina, WVU, Illinois, Pitt, Purdue, BC, Duke, Iowa State, Vandy, Michigan State, Cincy, FIU, Temple
(06/23/2011)

DeVante McFarlane
Dix Hills, NY (Half Hollow)
6-1 195 ATH
(O) Vanderbilt, Buffalo, Kent State
*Penn State NIKE Camp MVP
(06/24/2011)

Jason Emerich
Schuylkill Haven, PA (Blue Mountain)
6-4 275 OL
(O) Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Central Florida, Temple, Akron, Buffalo
(06/28/2011)

Harold Brantley
Hershey, PA
6-3 280 DT
(O) Penn State, Rutgers, West Virginia, Temple
(06/29/2011)

Kyle Knapp
Portage, MI (Portage)
6-5 272 OL
(O) Cincinnati, Akron, Toledo, FIU, Western Mich, Eastern Mich, Ball State, Ohio
*Ohio State NIKE Combine OL MVP
(6/30/2011)

Marcus Coleman
Cherry Hill, NJ (Camdon Catholic)
6-2 280 DT
(O)
(6/30/2011)

Ben Lewis
Middletown, MD (Middletown)
6-3 195 WR
(O)
(07/02/2011)

Julian Whigham
Palm Beach Gardens, FL (Dwyer)
6-1 175 CB
(O) Northern Illinois, Western Michigan
(07/04/2011)

Tashon Whitehurst
Gainseville, FL (Gainseville)
6-3 190 LB
(O) NC State, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Rutgers, South Florida, Marshall, Memphis, WMU
(07/06/2011)

Dontez Ford
McKeez Rocks, PA (Sto-Rox)
6-2 200 DB
(O) Vanderbilt, Temple, Akron
(07/07/2011)

Darius Parson (I’m listing him for now until I know for certain) 08/08/2011
Woodbridge, VA (Woodbridge)
6-2 230 LB
(O)

Ron Thompson
Southfield, MI (Southfield)
6-4 240 TE
(O) Michigan, Illinois, Maryland, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Bowling Green, Toledo
(11/07/11)

We seem to be battling the Commodores a lot this year. SEC school, so I'll take it.

That's some kind of offer list for our TEs. Vandy must hate us.

Didn't Smallwood have a PSU offer, as well?

Really pumped about Washington, Thompson and Brantley...

We seem to be battling the Commodores a lot this year. SEC school, so I'll take it.
We are likely to be fighting the private schools with "high" admissions standards in perpetuity. We have been getting killed by Stanford and ND the past few years, if I recall.

They're still upset about losing Cam Lynch to the Orangemen.

With our desperate need at the position, it is good to see that we were able to sell the program to a couple guys who can make an early impact.

The last thing that the Vandy coach is thinking about is Syracuse. Currently 18th ranked recruiting class according to Rivals. Have #1QB Gunner Kiel coming for official visit after already making two unofficials, 4star Jordan Diamond, an 4 star Wes Brown coming to visit. Bunch of other committeds that are taking officials to Vandy to see what all the excitement is about. Coach Frankin is the anti-Coach Morose, I mean Marrone

This is has got to be the best Marrone class to date. Is anyone sure on Parsons yet?? I still can not believe that Cornelius did not get more offers. Thought he would atleast get UCONN and RU.

The last thing that the Vandy coach is thinking about is Syracuse. Currently 18th ranked recruiting class according to Rivals. Have #1QB Gunner Kiel coming for official visit after already making two unofficials, 4star Jordan Diamond, an 4 star Wes Brown coming to visit. Bunch of other committeds that are taking officials to Vandy to see what all the excitement is about. Coach Frankin is the anti-Coach Morose, I mean Marrone

You should probably post this on the Maryland board, I'm sure they are thrilled with Rocking Randy...

This is has got to be the best Marrone class to date. Is anyone sure on Parsons yet?? I still can not believe that Cornelius did not get more offers. Thought he would atleast get UCONN and RU.

It's important to note when kids committed. All of our kids committed real early and many of them would have had more offers if they weren't solid to us; Whitehurst is a good example as he's gotten most of his offers after committing to us because he's been open about visiting other schools.

Cornelius I have no doubt would've had more offers if he didn't commit to us so early and remained solid. Many of these kids have likely gotten feelers from other schools but we wouldn't know about it because it's not reported unless they open it up.

It's important to note when kids committed. All of our kids committed real early and many of them would have had more offers if they weren't solid to us; Whitehurst is a good example as he's gotten most of his offers after committing to us because he's been open about visiting other schools.

Cornelius I have no doubt would've had more offers if he didn't commit to us so early and remained solid. Many of these kids have likely gotten feelers from other schools but we wouldn't know about it because it's not reported unless they open it up.

I believe Marcus Coleman had a couple of Big Ten programs sniffing around, Purdue and Minnesota if I remember correctly trying to get him to visit. Same with Whigham.

I believe Marcus Coleman had a couple of Big Ten programs sniffing around, Purdue and Minnesota if I remember correctly trying to get him to visit. Same with Whigham.
i believe rutgers as well

Yeah I mean after all, schools only offer kids that they don't care about. Right.

If a school loses out on 6 recruits that they offered to the same school, they're definitely noticing. Regardless of what school it is. If Vandy is such a draw this year, then that speaks to both the quality of this class and the recruiting job the staff is doing.

Phat, thanks so much for pulling this together for this site. I agree with Whitey, this should be on this site permanently so we don't have to go back to Scout or Rivals. June was such an exciting month for recuiting for us this year and usually that is a quiet time. There are some very good reasons to beleive that this class could be a major upgrade and that we really got some guys who's stock would have gone up significantly had they not verbaled or been solid with us. We are still 3 months away from signing, but it looks pretty promising. Can't wait to hear who the remaining commits will be. So, just to repeat what I think we've heard over and over, does this list of 21 mean that we have 7 open spots to get to 25 because 3 were last year commits? ...and will we sign more than 25 for this year with expectations that a certain number will not make it to campus?

Nice list. I've actually not followed recruiting all that closely for the last few years simply b/c I'm not all that convinced you learn very much on signing day and that the development is the bigger key. But it's funny looking at that list that there is so much griping about the quality of recruiting. There aren't many kids without solid offers on there. I think recruiting is an easy thing to pick at if you're not getting kids with a ton of stars and/or offers, but I think the concern is at least a bit premature here -- if not slightly misguided.

Listed in order of committment date

PREP Players

Myles Davis
Pittsburgh, PA (Penn Hills)
6-0 225 MLB
(O) Rutgers
(04/18/2009)

Tyree Smallwood
Cornwall, NY (Cornwall)
5-11 170 ATH
(O) Cincinnati, Maryland, Rutgers, Buffalo, Central Michigan
(06/11/2010)

Ashton Broyld
Rochester, NY (Rush Henrietta)
6’4 225 QB
(O) Louisville, Rutgers, Akron
(12/11/2010)

High Schoolers

Ben Barrett
Manlius, NY (CBA)
6’4 255 OT/DE
(O)
(1/31/2012)

Omari Palmer
Middle Island, NY (Longwood)
6-3 295 OL
(O)
(03/22/2012)

Joshua Parris
Stone Mountain, GA (Stephenson)
6-3 230 TE
(O) Virginia Tech, Mississippi, Boston College, South Florida, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia
(06/10/2011)

Alvin Cornelius
Staten Island, NY (Tottenville)
6-3 190 WR
(O) Vanderbilt, Buffalo, Temple, Akron
*NJ NIKE Camp 1st Team
(06/13/2011)

Poncho Barnwell
Rochester, NY (East)
6-3 218 DE
(O) Buffalo, Akron
(06/15/2011)

James Washington
Winter Park, FL (Winter Park)
6-3 220 LB/DE
(O) South Carolina, WVU, Illinois, Pitt, Purdue, BC, Duke, Iowa State, Vandy, Michigan State, Cincy, FIU, Temple
(06/23/2011)

DeVante McFarlane
Dix Hills, NY (Half Hollow)
6-1 195 ATH
(O) Vanderbilt, Buffalo, Kent State
*Penn State NIKE Camp MVP
(06/24/2011)

Jason Emerich
Schuylkill Haven, PA (Blue Mountain)
6-4 275 OL
(O) Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Central Florida, Temple, Akron, Buffalo
(06/28/2011)

Harold Brantley
Hershey, PA
6-3 280 DT
(O) Penn State, Rutgers, West Virginia, Temple
(06/29/2011)

Kyle Knapp
Portage, MI (Portage)
6-5 272 OL
(O) Cincinnati, Akron, Toledo, FIU, Western Mich, Eastern Mich, Ball State, Ohio
*Ohio State NIKE Combine OL MVP
(6/30/2011)

Marcus Coleman
Cherry Hill, NJ (Camdon Catholic)
6-2 280 DT
(O)
(6/30/2011)

Ben Lewis
Middletown, MD (Middletown)
6-3 195 WR
(O)
(07/02/2011)

Julian Whigham
Palm Beach Gardens, FL (Dwyer)
6-1 175 CB
(O) Northern Illinois, Western Michigan
(07/04/2011)

Tashon Whitehurst
Gainseville, FL (Gainseville)
6-3 190 LB
(O) NC State, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Rutgers, South Florida, Marshall, Memphis, WMU
(07/06/2011)

Dontez Ford
McKeez Rocks, PA (Sto-Rox)
6-2 200 DB
(O) Vanderbilt, Temple, Akron
(07/07/2011)

Darius Parson (I’m listing him for now until I know for certain) 08/08/2011
Woodbridge, VA (Woodbridge)
6-2 230 LB
(O)

Ron Thompson
Southfield, MI (Southfield)
6-4 240 TE
(O) Michigan, Illinois, Maryland, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Bowling Green, Toledo
(11/07/11)
Thanks Phat! Any insight into possible silent verbals?

Just read a story on Parson. Sounds pretty clear he's a non-committ. Loss of interest is not from him but from coaching staff. Said he's still technically a commit but lists a Syracuse visit as a maybe with definite visits to three other schools.

So are the Scout and Rivals lists complete? Accurate?
The above is an accurate list. When Doug said "recruiting for this year is done" he meant we have our main targets and we aren't going outside of there. It's not like Morgan, Morris, and Manley are silent verbals. They are still being recruited by us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom