Listen I love Jerry Palm's bracketlogy | Syracusefan.com

Listen I love Jerry Palm's bracketlogy

Alsacs

Living Legend
However, if Wichita State is given a 1 seed it will be a joke, but if he thinks Wichita State can be the number 1 overall seed then College basketball is beyond terrible this season.

Sorry, I don't care if your undefeated beating St. Louis on the road can't be the best for the number 1 overall seed. Florida, Syracuse, Arizona ALL have superior resumes to Wichita State.

Palm has it 1. Wichita State 2. Syracuse 3. Florida 4. Arizona as 1 seeds.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Wichita State is the only undefeated team in the nation and also coming off of a Final Four season. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Once the Tourney begins it's irrelevant anyway.

Syracuse likely drops to #3 today. We will move back to #2 next week if we beat Duke and if WS continues undefeated.

somebody needs to be the 1st #1 to get beat by a 16.

cant imagine anyone finer than the nations lil darling...the shockers, earning that stigma.

well maybe gonzaga, but by now everyone has come to grips with the fact that they royally suck.

the mids. stay out of my tournament.

Last edited:
who cares who the #1 overall seed is?
Do you wait for posts I make that you disagree with and just make condescending things about them because it matters who the number 1 overall seed. I would rather be the number 1 overall seed if possible because it would most likely put Florida on the other side of the bracket. In 1996, we wouldn't have likely played in the NC game if the committee did seeded the 1 seeds 1 thru 4 as UMass and Kentucky were the top teams and were on the same half of the brackets and met in the National Semi-Finals.

Also, Wichita State's RESUME is a freaking joke. Their best win is @St. Louis and that is their only game on their schedule that will be against a top 25 team the ENTIRE SEASON. Last year's NCAA Tournament run is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT or else let's bump Syracuse up because we made the Final Four as well.

If Wichita goes undefeated they will get a #1 seed. I have no problem with it. Overall #1 would be nice but not a necessity.

I also think Wichita St. is deserving of a #1 seed. It is difficult to win every game, even with their resume. (see: us losing to BC---uh oh, I said "us"). However, I agree that it is easy to see them getting knocked off early.

Do you wait for posts I make that you disagree with

I mean to be fair are you ever going to say "ok I never thought of that"?
Someone will say @St Louis is a much better win than you're saying it is based on kenpom/sagarin, you'll counter with St Louis not beating anyone (even though @Pitt is probably our best win and they haven't beaten anyone), and around in circles we go...

I don't know how you have the stomach to fight this Witchita fight after the other night. They've had plenty of chances to lose to teams better than BC and haven't.

I also think Wichita St. is deserving of a #1 seed. It is difficult to win every game, even with their resume. (see: us losing to BC---uh oh, I said "us"). However, I agree that it is easy to see them getting knocked off early.
The Shockers are a really good team. But a 16 is going to knock off a 1 at some point. It will happen. I just don't want it to be Syracuse. So give them the #1.

I mean to be fair are you ever going to say "ok I never thought of that"?
Someone will say @St Louis is a much better win than you're saying it is based on kenpom/sagarin, you'll counter with St Louis not beating anyone (even though @Pitt is probably our best win and they haven't beaten anyone), and around in circles we go...

I don't know how you have the stomach to fight this Witchita fight after the other night. They've had plenty of chances to lose to teams better than BC and haven't.
I am okay with people disagreeing with me, but that poster ALWAYS takes digs at what I sayand doesn't give anything of substance with the condescending statement and I reach a boiling point with people. If their was actually something to his point other than who cares then don't make the freaking post and I suggest he ignore me. I hate that condescending crap. If your statement is who cares then you basically saying my statement is completely pointless and while its not a huge deal I feel its a legitimate statement.

Do you wait for posts I make that you disagree with and just make condescending things about them because it matters who the number 1 overall seed. I would rather be the number 1 overall seed if possible because it would most likely put Florida on the other side of the bracket. In 1996, we wouldn't have likely played in the NC game if the committee did seeded the 1 seeds 1 thru 4 as UMass and Kentucky were the top teams and were on the same half of the brackets and met in the National Semi-Finals.

Also, Wichita State's RESUME is a freaking joke. Their best win is @St. Louis and that is their only game on their schedule that will be against a top 25 team the ENTIRE SEASON. Last year's NCAA Tournament run is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT or else let's bump Syracuse up because we made the Final Four as well.

I have no recollection of ever disagreeing with you... definitely nothing personal my dude.

Worrying about who the #1 overall seed is just nitpicking.

I am okay with people disagreeing with me, but that poster ALWAYS takes digs at what I sayand doesn't give anything of substance with the condescending statement and I reach a boiling point with people. If their was actually something to his point other than who cares then don't make the freaking post and I suggest he ignore me. I hate that condescending crap. If your statement is who cares then you basically saying my statement is completely pointless and while its not a huge deal I feel its a legitimate statement.
Who cares about your thoughts on condescension? ;)

Syracuse likely drops to #3 today. We will move back to #2 next week if we beat Duke and if WS continues undefeated.

why would we drop to 3 today?

Why? Most brackets (including the one referenced above and I posted earlier today) have us as the overall 2nd #1 seed.

Interesting that he thinks Louisville's resume barely warrants a single digit seed

Louisville is a dangerous team because of their talent/coach/pedigree, but UConn has a superior resume to Louisville and I don't like UConn. UConn has wins over Memphis x2, SMU, Stanford, @Washington, Florida, Indiana. Louisville has wins over SMU, @UConn. Louisville has several opportunities left, but right now I would seed them as a 5/6 seed until they beat Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis which are left on their schedule.

Who cares what our seed is or the region we are placed in. It would be nice to stay in NY through the early rounds, but I dont even care. Get us a 16 seed out west and let's roll. everyone else. It's all about matchups anyways.

Who cares what our seed is or the region we are placed in. It would be nice to stay in NY through the early rounds, but I dont even care. Get us a 16 seed out west and let's roll. everyone else. It's all about matchups anyways.

I agree with this. last year's team completely proved this to be true.

Regions do matter. I was in Albany in 2003 and it was a home game for Syracuse vs Oklahoma. 90-10 at least.

The whole "They made it to the final four last year" argument is a joke. What a team did last year should have no bearing on seeding this year.
who knows.

maybe the committee says...'they went to the F4 last year and brought back everybody. theyre tested, if we put them there, they likely wont embarrass us'.

dont know, dont care, want a 1, want NYC.

too early to worry about this shlit.

the Orange could lose 5 of the next 6.

just win baby.

Reactions: 007
If Syracuse gets Buffalo/MSG then home court advantage comes into play. We beat a #13 seed and #12 seed in San Jose last year, but getting the sweet 16 in Washington D.C. helped in the Sweet 16/Elite 8.

If we get the chance to stay in NY till Dallas we can get to Dallas and play for all the marbles. This team just needs to find a second wind and play with more energy in March as since conference play outside of the Duke game we have played like a snail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom