Little perturbed we didn't stick it to Rutgers... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Little perturbed we didn't stick it to Rutgers...

You mean us going to the ACC while they are stuck in the Big-Sun-East-West-USA Conference wasn't enough?

All hail the Sun Beast.
SunBeastConf.jpg

Unbelievable! You got me! Wow!

Yes, it's true - I'm a big, big, Rutgers fan.

It's amazing how you guys have ferretted out my true emotions.

I cannot believe that my 44 years of attending SU Football games, my graduation from Syracuse University 30 years ago, and my involvement in the Orange Pack, Ernie Davis Club and Orange Club didn't throw you off!!!

All that effort failed me.

Well done, sir. Well done.

Blah,blah,blah

i agree with orangepa---rutgers has done what we have not been able to do but be arrogant----they spent we criticized---mad fun etc---guess what, denial has been a dangerous and costly thing. keep saying acc--that has not and will not change anything until we catch up. but be sure to beat the same drum its working all so well for us---by the way i ahve been saying this for the past 10 yrs none listened then either.

Catch up doing what?

Recruiting? OK... No one is denying Schiano could recruit - but barring their Ray Rice wonder year, he's never been able to get it done on game day with any consistency...

Where has it gotten them?

Lest I remind you that a year ago, their primary offense consisted of lining-up everyone and the kitchen sink, snapping the ball directly to a wide receiver and gatecrashing the line like a wild hoard...

You're right, denial is a costly thing... there is no denying that may have been the dumbest offensive scheme seen in quite some time and cost them some W's.

Catch up doing what?

Recruiting? OK... No one is denying Schiano could recruit - but barring their Ray Rice wonder year, he's never been able to get it done on game day with any consistency...

Lest I remind you that a year ago, their primary offense consisted of lining-up everyone and the kitchen sink, snapping the ball directly to a wide receiver and gatecrashing the line like a wild hoard...

You're right, denial is a costly thing... there is no denying that may have been the dumbest offensive scheme seen in quite some time and cost them some W's.

Isn't the co-offensive coordinator from that team their new head coach?

I know Rutgers fans get blinded by all their trophys from the first Wednesday in February but I still can't believe more of them aren't up in arms over that hire.

Okay you saved your mid-20's (or whatever) ranked class, now what happens?

Catch up doing what?

on facilities,facilities facilities---just in case you did not get it,FACILITIES

keep saying this cannot you understand that is how we got in this position?????whats it take for you see whats happened. yea their 20th something class and we lose 5-6 straight to end the year---i totally give up --like i said denial
Isn't the co-offensive coordinator from that team their new head coach?

I know Rutgers fans get blinded by all their trophys from the first Wednesday in February but I still can't believe more of them aren't up in arms over that hire.

Okay you saved your mid-20's (or whatever) ranked class, now what happens?

keep saying this cannot you understand that is how we got in this position?????whats it take for you see whats happened. yea their 20th something class and we lose 5-6 straight to end the year---i totally give up --like i said denial
To be perfectly honest with you, I can't understand a gd thing you're trying to say. Maybe try bullet points?

Mark Packer? Never heard of him. I could spend all day listing national pundits who are on my side of the fence but I won't bore everyone. Your stance that the new moron is viable conference is a bit outside the norm (you are literally the only person I know who hasn't laughed at it). But hey, atleast your new crusade to save the Big East and throw bouquets at a school like Rutgers (which if you haven't noticed, has never won a thing) has got you off of the Coach P stuff. Bright side to everything I guess.

That you have never heard of Mark Packer is telling. I assume you have heard of Bill King or Paul Finebaum. So be it.

I don't know anything about you, and I don't mean anything personal, but I think you have allowed your emotion to get the best of you. I don't think you understand what is happening or what I have observed.

Rutgers was certainly not a top ten team this past year, but the school did win nine games and a bowl game this year. The last time Syracuse University had that kind of season Coach P - uh oh - sorry - was the Syracuse HC in 2001.

And regardless of your assessment of its 2011 season, and your assessment of the BE impact, Rutgers just brought in an excellent recruting class.

These are facts - not really subject to much debate.

The head in the sand analysis that your posts on this subject fail to recognize what is happening out there. I may hope that Rutgers fails and I may hope that the move to the ACC will level the BE and its members - I guess that would serve the Orange well. But the reality is that neither of those things will likely occur.

And as far as Coach P is concerned - I know how much it pains many on this board, but the points that were disputed years ago about him and his coaching tenure have turned out to be true and pretty much accepted. He and the program were the victims of a lack of funding and lack of infrastructure.

I think most on the board now recognize how those deficiencies hurt then and how money issues are still dogging this program.

Money was then and is now the issue.

I suspect that years ago when Schiano was brought in and when NJ made substantial investsments in the Rutgers program, you poo pooed it all, never thinking that Rutgers could ever succeed in big time football. Many on this board didn't take Rutgers seriously.

Well, that was a mistake.

Just as it's a mistake to think that the BE will simply perish and that its members will soon follow.

You don't have to respond - I already know what you're going to say. You're right and that's the end of the discussion.

So be it.

Catch up doing what?

It's gotten them a 9-4 season and bowl win.

It's gotten them a very good 2012 recruiting class - it's allowed them to keep the NJ talent at home.

It's gotten their HC an NFL job and a lot of positive PR.

I don't care for the school but that doesn't mean I have to ignore the positive developments in their football program.

It's gotten them a very good 2012 recruiting class - it's allowed them to keep the NJ talent at home.

I don't care for the school but that doesn't mean I have to ignore the positive developments in their football program.
and they just hired a demoted OC that was an OL coach that will be most likely a worse gameday coach than Schiano. Not too worried about them moving forward.

OK, so you are looking at a Rutgers snapshot of less than 10 years, based on ONE coach. Looking at this from a Big Picture scenario, Rutgers has a less than 50/50 chance of sustaining this success.

Their long term history suggests they will be sliding back to the primordial ooze where they have so enjoyed wallowing. Especially due to the recent unfortunate series of events, The Scarlet Knights will have a much tougher battle remaining at their present strength.

The history of Syracuse, on the other hand, suggests that we will rise from the relatively short slump in which we reside, & gain back the dignity of CUSE Football as it was before.

It's almost like the universe is making a course correction to put things back in balance. The more stable ACC comes calling, then Penn State disgraces their program, now Schiano leaves Rutgers. This is the perfect storm for a Syracuse resurgence & a good chance to sit at the pinnacle of the Northeast for quite some time...

You are correct to point out Rutgers recent success, but you are far too optimistic about their future. Vegas would never bet on Red in this situation...

and they just hired a demoted OC that was an OL coach that will be most likely a worse gameday coach than Schiano. Not too worried about them moving forward.
worse game day coach than schiano?? doesn't exist---but he hired good asst. and recruite's---ceo

amen ---you said what i've said for 10 yrs

worse game day coach than schiano?? doesn't exist---but he hired good asst. and recruite's---ceo
None of his assistants could coach besides Cignetti a little bit. It's a staff of great recruiters and horrible coaches.

That you have never heard of Mark Packer is telling. I assume you have heard of Bill King or Paul Finebaum. So be it.

I don't know anything about you, and I don't mean anything personal, but I think you have allowed your emotion to get the best of you. I don't think you understand what is happening or what I have observed.

Rutgers was certainly not a top ten team this past year, but the school did win nine games and a bowl game this year. The last time Syracuse University had that kind of season Coach P - uh oh - sorry - was the Syracuse HC in 2001.

And regardless of your assessment of its 2011 season, and your assessment of the BE impact, Rutgers just brought in an excellent recruting class.

These are facts - not really subject to much debate.

The head in the sand analysis that your posts on this subject fail to recognize what is happening out there. I may hope that Rutgers fails and I may hope that the move to the ACC will level the BE and its members - I guess that would serve the Orange well. But the reality is that neither of those things will likely occur.

And as far as Coach P is concerned - I know how much it pains many on this board, but the points that were disputed years ago about him and his coaching tenure have turned out to be true and pretty much accepted. He and the program were the victims of a lack of funding and lack of infrastructure.

I think most on the board now recognize how those deficiencies hurt then and how money issues are still dogging this program.

Money was then and is now the issue.

I suspect that years ago when Schiano was brought in and when NJ made substantial investsments in the Rutgers program, you poo pooed it all, never thinking that Rutgers could ever succeed in big time football. Many on this board didn't take Rutgers seriously.

Well, that was a mistake.

Just as it's a mistake to think that the BE will simply perish and that its members will soon follow.

You don't have to respond - I already know what you're going to say. You're right and that's the end of the discussion.

So be it.

Just more of the same from you on all of your favorite subjects (Coach P, Rutgers, the glorious new BE). Lather, rinse, repeat as they say. I'm not sure if there is a yawn emoticon, but if there was, I would've chosen to use it in this instance.

And for the record, I still don't take Rutgers seriously. You must be VERY easily impressed. Call me crazy, but a .500 record in 12 years doesn't send me into a tizzy. To me, its clear as day that their recruiting will fall off once the big boys in the conference are gone. That's the conventional wisdom amongst respected college football observers (you don't qualify). And if it doesn't, I won't need to care anymore because at best they will be winning conference titles and going to the Weedeater Bowl as a reward.

Thankfully, I won't be paying too much attention to them in about a year from now when we are preparing for our trip to greener pastures. However, I do have a sneaking suspicion that you will keep us all abreast of the happenings in Piscataway, and Providence, and certainly Coach P's world even when we do make the move to the ACC.

None of his assistants could coach besides Cignetti a little bit. It's a staff of great recruiters and horrible coaches.

Rediculous statement considering they had a WR set the big east reception record and had a linebacker win conference defensive player of the year. Not to mention their special teams were very,very good.

Rediculous statement considering they had a WR set the big east reception record and had a linebacker win conference defensive player of the year. Not to mention their special teams were very,very good.

there are several good coaches on that staff for sure, they can recruit as well. I agree

Who was our WR coach when Mike Williams was here? and where is he now? Some players just have the talent, the coach doesn't matter whatsoever. Judging on player awards are stupid.

there are several good coaches on that staff for sure, they can recruit as well. I agree
Not to mention their ST coach. I think anyone would take him at SU.

Not to mention their ST coach. I think anyone would take him at SU.

I doubt Shady is leaving his job in Tampa for the ST coach at SU. Maybe after he fails in Tampa though.

Just more of the same from you on all of your favorite subjects (Coach P, Rutgers, the glorious new BE). Lather, rinse, repeat as they say. I'm not sure if there is a yawn emoticon, but if there was, I would've chosen to use it in this instance.

And for the record, I still don't take Rutgers seriously. You must be VERY easily impressed. Call me crazy, but a .500 record in 12 years doesn't send me into a tizzy. To me, its clear as day that their recruiting will fall off once the big boys in the conference are gone. That's the conventional wisdom amongst respected college football observers (you don't qualify). And if it doesn't, I won't need to care anymore because at best they will be winning conference titles and going to the Weedeater Bowl as a reward.

Thankfully, I won't be paying too much attention to them in about a year from now when we are preparing for our trip to greener pastures. However, I do have a sneaking suspicion that you will keep us all abreast of the happenings in Piscataway, and Providence, and certainly Coach P's world even when we do make the move to the ACC.
and you my friend continue to be an ostrich

every other college football fan must be an ostrich too because Rutgers pretty much got the same coverage as Syracuse on ESPN today...

I doubt Shady is leaving his job in Tampa for the ST coach at SU. Maybe after he fails in Tampa though.
I'm talking about Robb Smith, RU's ST Coach. He's made that group terrifying.

I won't even dignify this with a lengthy response. You and OPA are literally the only two people "I know" that feel the same as you. I'm certainly no ostrich. I just happen to have a bit more foresight than you.