Little summer preview | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Little summer preview

View attachment 20641 https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=902937183067486&substory_index=0&id=456069794420896
My bad official stats
BJ just wrecking things. And he was efficient from the floor. Looks like they gave both sons a little more run too.

Edit: just went through the play by play from that ee link, translate to GB English on top right. Look at BJ's first quarter. Doesn't start. Instead, he checks in as a sixth man and scores from all over the place. Just torched the competition in a short span. We all know we needed that last year. I'm confident he will come into his own, provide this in the years to come. It's not just his talent, cause let's face it. We get talented kids every year. But he is like an all pro cornerback. Always believes and isn't fazed by a bad outing. He will put up shots the very next time down the court. We need this. We need Dions.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to add, Roberson scored inside and out, rebounding well so far. Roberson's defense and rebounding will come up big this year and I wouldn't be surprised if BJ started with him. McCullough first forward off the bench then G. But G will play guard most of his minutes.

I knew BJ word figure in the mix this season. I knew that BJ would have an impressive career in Orange. Its looking more and more like he will make his mark starting this year. The staff got a special one very early.

I knew BJ word figure in the mix this season. I knew that BJ would have an impressive career in Orange. Its looking more and more like he will make his mark starting this year. The staff got a special one very early.
What I really like about this year is the talent in youth. We could have a rough spell, maybe even a down year. But these younger guys have to play. Mike G is not a 3/4. Hammer, Roberson and Johnson are playing . They have to. And they will be battle tested come March. Growing pains to be sure but I'm excited for these guys. Talent, athleticism, scoring and defensive potential. It's there for the taking. Recruiting has been top tier the past few years, no matter what the so called experts say and I fully trust in the players and staff.

East Coast All Stars lost their final game. With a win, they would have clinched the tourney. They end up in a three way tie but there might be some tiebreaker system like last year. If it's based on differential, they probably win since they won their first game by ~50 points.
http://online.basket.ee/en?gid=2015154003
PS looks like they have the official stats wrong, but both Tyler and BJ struggled with their shot. Roberson did haul 16 rebounds though.

East Coast All Stars lost their final game. With a win, they would have clinched the tourney. They end up in a three way tie but there might be some tiebreaker system like last year. If it's based on differential, they probably win since they won their first game by ~50 points.
http://online.basket.ee/en?gid=2015154003
PS looks like they have the official stats wrong, but both Tyler and BJ struggled with their shot. Roberson did haul 16 rebounds though.

Is that an Estonian team? The stats are just reversed. They just type it up differently/backwards there. Same result, though. Looks like the fouls killed them. I can see that having to defend crisp ball movement and less ISO ball.

Is that an Estonian team? The stats are just reversed. They just type it up differently/backwards there. Same result, though. Looks like the fouls killed them. I can see that having to defend crisp ball movement and less ISO ball.
No, stats are not reversed. I see the 65 point total US put up on the left side. USA üliõpilased is the name of TR and BJ's team.

Tyler was 2 for 9, BJ 4 for 15. Chalk it up to a bad outing or more likely, a good defensive effort from the Estonian team as the team shooting overall was poor.

No, stats are not reversed. I see the 65 point total US put up on the left side. USA üliõpilased is the name of TR and BJ's team.

I get that. I meant who they played, lol. Estonia? The FG/FT/3FG are just reversed. My link is all correct. US on right side.

I get that. I meant who they played, lol. Estonia? The FG/FT/3FG are just reversed. My link is all correct. US on right side.
Yes, those stats are reversed. You made it sound like the stats were reversed for the teams. But yeah, stats are different, noticed that last year. You know, when in Estonia? :)

Yes, those stats are reversed. You made it sound like the stats were reversed for the teams. But yeah, stats are different, noticed that last year. You know, when in Estonia? :)

Well played, sir! I never paid attention much as to where they were going. But, I'm a traveler and language guy so that was my guess.

Bj was not the same jumping bean after he twisted his ankle in the first half . He basically limped through the rest of the game. The game was on the internet.

Bj was not the same jumping bean after he twisted his ankle in the first half . He basically limped through the rest of the game. The game was on the internet.
Wish I got to see it. Hope he's ok, and well played tourney either way. He's going to score this year.

East Coast All Stars finish second.
One better than last year, but they must have just missed on point differential, so probably a little disappointed. Still, great summer trip and I'm sure it was exciting to visit Europe. They have a scrimmage against a pro team in Finland soon then they head home.

official stats
USA East Coast
6 hours ago
POINT DIFFERENTIAL PUTS USA SECOND
For Immediate Release
August 6, 2014
Tallinn, Estonia - In a back and forth affair that had East Coast leading for most of the first half, the hometown Estonians jumped ahead for much of the second to win ...the final game of the 2014 Tallinn Cup. Despite going 2-1 East Coast slipped to second place by point differential, allowing Estonia to finish in first.

East Coast will depart via ferry across the Gulf of Finland tomorrow and play against the Helsinki Seagulls of the Finish Pro League. Tip off for the final contest of the 2014 USA East Coast Tour is set for 11:30AM EST.

TEAM STATISTICS
Mike Gesell - 14pts, 2ast, 2stl, 27:15mim
Tyrone Johnson - 11pts, 4reb, 2stl, 5fls, 20:28min
Dusty Hannahs - 9pts, 1ast, 5fls, 14:22min
Sindarius Thornwell - 8pts, 7reb, 1ast, 28:46min
John Monkam - 1pt, 5:55min
BJ Johnson - 11pts, 2reb, 1stl, 25:28min
Granville Gittens - 5:44min
Tyler Roberson - 6pts, 16reb, 1blk, 30:05min
Hunter Mickelson - 1reb, 1stl, 14:12min
Adam Woodbury - 5pts, 14reb, 1stl, 27:45min