Locker room | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard has some really bad court demeanor out there and combined with his poor bball IQ; it seems like a bad combo. I could see him being a real malcontent. Gillon, Battle, and White seem to be guys who are saying the right things and trying to lift each others up.

All these 'grad transfers coming in and bumping players/affecting previous chemistry' takes are a bunch of malarkey. We needed these guys to come and fill out and field a damn roster. I suspect they are both good dudes and high character guys.

Last edited:
All I will say is these kids aren't paid this a dark road down the path with this thread.
We all know their is some truth here but it's best not explored.
If people listened to Francis podcast he already gave the info out that people can put 2 and 2 together.

I think the bigger issue, that I joked about somewhere, is that I am sure this site is monitored by the Syracuse.com reporters. I for one don't want to justify them writing a hit piece on JB losing control of the team.
One of the syracuse.com contributors has been mining this site for ideas and material for many years.

I suspect it is a guard who can't keeep an opponet in front of him on defense.

Howard has some really bad court demeanor out there and combined with his poor bball IQ; it seems like a bad combo. I could see him being a real malcontent. Gillon, Battle, and White seem to be guys who are saying the right things and trying to lift each others up.

All these 'grad transfers coming in and bumping players/affecting previous chemistry takes are a bunch of malarkey. We needed these guys to come and fill out and field a damn roster. I suspect they are both good dudes and high character guys.

My guess (again, from what I see via social media) Moyer, Battle, Gillon, Lydon and a few walk-ons have the best relationships on the team. Haven't seen White but that doesn't mean he isn't a good piece in the locker room.

I suspect it is a guard who can't keeep an opponet in front of him on defense.

Could you be more specific? And is this limited to current guards or does this apply the to recently graduated ones as well?

JB's post game presser after that comes out will be must see tv.
I will be surprised if he does not get a question about chemistry in the post-game tonight.

My very uneducated guess is Battle. Wasn't he supposedly given the "keys to the team" during recruitment? Sure that's contingent on actual performance but, Net points (pre conference) save BC has him tidying up the latrine.

My very uneducated guess is Battle. Wasn't he supposedly given the "keys to the team" during recruitment? Sure that's contingent on actual performance but, Net points (pre conference) save BC has him tidying up the latrine.
I have no sources but the conventional wisdom on the board is clear that Howard is the problem.

From reading this thread, sounds like it's Battle or Howard. Your logic makes sense; we didn't hear anything about these issues last year when Howard was on the team... but I still think it's Howard. Did anyone notice he didn't even stand up from the bench when his name was called during introductions at the BC game? The other starters all ran out to half court when their names were called. Strange. and body language & cheering on his teammates is not good while on the bench.

If the speculation here is correct and the majority of the problem lies with one source, the fact the coach hasn't dealt with it one way or another is very disappointing. It's January, for Chrissake. :noidea:

It's already been outed as frank.
If it's true - play Gillon and Battle 38 minutes each and give AW3 4 minutes at the top of the zone to give them a break. His play does not warrant his attutide.

As far as Syracuse.com beatwriters getting info from there - surely they have their own sources and know about this already?

If the speculation here is correct and the majority of the problem lies with one source, the fact the coach hasn't dealt with it one way or another is very disappointing. It's January, for Chrissake. :noidea:

It's primarily one guy Frankly but there are other issues as well. I'd argue that AWIII has shown some selfish tendencies. It's not uncommon to see him hunt for his shot instead of passing to an open teammate. That could be a product of him being a terrible passer but I've been saying since game one that he looks like he's auditioning.

I follow a lot people on twitter , not too discerning, so i follow any player on any of my teams who is on twitter and there is one guy, starting ~two months ago based on his tweets, big red flags in my mind , but thats just me...

The guy challenging people to play him?

It's primarily one guy Frankly but there are other issues as well. I'd argue that AWIII has shown some selfish tendencies. It's not uncommon to see him hunt for his shot instead of passing to an open teammate. That could be a product of him being a terrible passer but I've been saying since game one that he looks like he's auditioning.
I like what I hear from AW3 in interviews. He seems level headed and has good answers - maybe its because hes a 5th YR so he's used to it. But once Lydon started playing better, we've seen less shots from AW3. I think he was forcing early because no one was shooting and we couldn't score. Once TL started being aggressive I've definitely noticed AW3 being particular with his shot selection. I was semi-worried when he committed here that he would use us as an audition - but truth be told his game is just very limited. He has never been a good passer, that;s just not who he is. If we want to win, we need Lydon and AW3 taking about 12 shots each per game. I wish he was more consistent, but I don't believe he's been selfish lately. I'm fine with him.

I like what I hear from AW3 in interviews. He seems level headed and has good answers - maybe its because hes a 5th YR so he's used to it. But once Lydon started playing better, we've seen less shots from AW3. I think he was forcing early because no one was shooting and we couldn't score. Once TL started being aggressive I've definitely noticed AW3 being particular with his shot selection. I was semi-worried when he committed here that he would use us as an audition - but truth be told his game is just very limited. He has never been a good passer, that;s just not who he is. If we want to win, we need Lydon and AW3 taking about 12 shots each per game. I wish he was more consistent, but I don't believe he's been selfish lately. I'm fine with him.
Except for the St. John's game, White has been getting his shots up every night. He has been taking it to the basket more recently and taking fewer threes, which isn't a bad thing, IMO. Lydon has been more aggressive offensively, but still seems reluctant to shoot at times and still passes up a lot of good looks.

Except for the St. John's game, White has been getting his shots up every night. He has been taking it to the basket more recently and taking fewer threes, which isn't a bad thing, IMO. Lydon has been more aggressive offensively, but still seems reluctant to shoot at times and still passes up a lot of good looks.
He puts up a ton of shots but the team needs him to. There shouldn't be a player on the court frustrated with him offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom