Locker room | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow some of these guys on instagram, or at least am familiar with their pages (Howard, Lydon, Moyer, Gillon, Battle, White). From what I see, the team is often commenting on or liking each other's photos. Obviously a secondary observer through social media isn't in the same stratosphere as the dynamic of being in a D1 locker room, but it's not like a bunch of these players are ignoring eachother.

I do understand why we don't want to point fingers at one person and proclaim he is the problem. Because then what happens? Pitchforks and torches? And what if we're wrong? As interesting a discussion as this is (and remember, I used to be a therapist and still live for this stuff!), we have no power to do anything about this and perhaps great power to do harm.

They say one rotten apple spoils the barrel, but human beings have free will (unlike our apple brethren) and so the group has power to confront. Maybe they need to have these player only meetings every week! Maybe they need to tell him to knock it off. But ultimately, it's up to the coaches to address this issue. Isn't it? Am I wrong?

I have a lot of respect for therapists...especially the ones that worked on me.

I have it from a very good source that one of the main issues with this year's group is they simply don't like each other. I was told that it is one of the worst locker rooms in JB's career. Very selfish "me first" attitude permeates the team.

I apologize if this has already been posted.
i said this a long time ago and was summarily dismissed. did not say they did not like each other, i did say issues---and some players may not having the team concept---trying to be diplomatic

How many stating lineups have we already tried this year?

I could be wrong and maybe it was discussed previously but I think it's less about chemistry with them liking each other off the court (liking social media posts) and more about them liking playing together. I think that is the issue.

It's primarily one guy Frankly but there are other issues as well. I'd argue that AWIII has shown some selfish tendencies. It's not uncommon to see him hunt for his shot instead of passing to an open teammate. That could be a product of him being a terrible passer but I've been saying since game one that he looks like he's auditioning.

Whites been auditioning since mid June. Should not surprise anyone. That's an easy workaround on good teams.

Yea no idea why people are blaming AW3 for this teams' struggles. Not fair

Because they didn't spend their last years of high school tweeting that they bleed orange.

I'd hate to see where we'd be without our leading scorer. Maybe Howard or Roberson should be getting all of AW's shots.....

No coincidence he isn't starting. Howardas not be back next yr...

I still can't see this. I don't see him taking bad shots. We're used to seeing Cooney so challenged by a defender that he feels he needs to fade away, or sprint to catch a pass, and then continue fading to the side as he's hoisting it. Same with Malachi last year—two guys so desperate to get a shot up that they had to do it under too challenging circumstances. I don't see that at all with Andrew White. When he shoots, it's in normal rhythm, straight up and down. And in the BC game, when we were blanked at the opening, he was the guy who hit a three and a mid-range two to get us started.

Before he came in, there was discussion about how few assists he had at Nebraska, and so there was speculation that he'd be a chucker. I think he's shown a very good willingness to pass and to not be the 'final destination.' He even diversified his game a bit, and has been driving.

I have zero qualms with the way he's playing on offense. If we had better guard play, he'd probably be averaging 20.

*shrug* I disagree.

I find him to be a ball stopper.

never said he was the reason we were bad, never said he was a bad guy.

Those are nice strawmen written by some though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom