LOL at Casual Hoya | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL at Casual Hoya

Ha! I have a tendency to do that. I just basically don't feel like we're headed to some promised land in the ACC. It's fine. We have to do it. But leaving the big east behind -- at least in hoops -- bums me out. I'm also not entirely sure if we're really in that much more stable a position.
The difference this time around is that everybody's doing it...and all at the same time.
Our "cautionary tale" can be illustrated via MD, Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, and other programs yet to come.
When the merry-go-round stops, they'll be plenty of schools trying to navigate their new circumstances.
Also, BC's experience should give everyone a heads-up on how NOT to handle expansion to a new conference.

Ha! I have a tendency to do that. I just basically don't feel like we're headed to some promised land in the ACC. It's fine. We have to do it. But leaving the big east behind -- at least in hoops -- bums me out. I'm also not entirely sure if we're really in that much more stable a position.

i think its more stable..i do not think that the teams top to bottom in the ACC are anything close to what we had in the Big East...Although..with us and pitt leaving the big east is not the big east anymore either so in turn that makes the ACC stronger top to bottom. Now THATS talking in circles lol

WOW! a constantine popa reference...my week is now complete. love it
I used to have an old senile fan sit next to me back in those days... and everytime the announce said Constantine Popa's name he would spend like 5 minutes repeating the name "Popa" with a popping sound. It never got annoying.

I used to have an old senile fan sit next to me back in those days... and everytime the announce said Constantine Popa's name he would spend like 5 minutes repeating the name "Popa" with a popping sound. It never got annoying.
"it never got annoying" haha

The premise of the article and the notion that we're the "next BC" is absurd. That said, I do sort of wonder about the future of this program post-Big East. I think players/kids liked that conference and it's ties to NYC and the northeast. I'm sure we'll be fine but this is now a different program and will be looking for a new identity.

As long as JB is here, we're good. We're probably good far beyond that, but it will be interesting to see what changes the move to much more far-flung, random conference bring about.

And, as crazy as casual hoya fan is, it's hard not to see at least some parallels between us and BC -- private schools with good athletic programs hoping to see a huge bump in revenue and, presumably, performance on the field/court. Nothing is guaranteed.
Two big differences between BC and SU situations:

1.) They had Gene DeFillipo

2.) We have Jim Boeheim

Quality blog post. Every team that leaves the BE for ACC will face the exact same fate. SU will 100% most definitely be the next BC, VT, and Miami.

Yeah, Duke and UNC sure struggle winning titles with "ACC type players".

What they don't realize is players went to SU to play in the BE because the BE was the best basketball conference. SU going to the ACC makes the ACC the best conference.

Hilarious they compare Jared Dudley and Carmelo.

I need to rest, my abs hurt from laughing, be back in a few hours fellas.

F gtown

" For decades, Boston College was one of the most consistent winners in college basketball. A steady stream of overachieving stars - John Bagely, Michael Adams, Dana Barros, the Curley boys and Jared Dudley - routinely brought home 20 win seasons and long runs into the NCAA tournament."

Here are your long runs in the NCAA Tournament...
2009 - Lost 1st Round
2007 - Lost 2nd Round
2006 - Lost Sweet 16
2005 - Lost 2nd Round
2004 - Lost 2nd Round
2002 - Lost 1st Round
2001 - Lost 2nd Round
1997 - Lost 2nd Round
1996 - Lost 2nd Round
1994 - Lost Elite 8
1985 - Lost Sweet 16
158xo0.png

Now the best players in the ACC area can come to a school that can beat both Duke and North Carolina.