LOL - Gee Unleashed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL - Gee Unleashed

Look, truth is, everybody's stupid. It's that simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Some manage to confine their stupidity to home, or so my spouse keeps telling me. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Very true.

I think it's interesting how big fanboys brag about the CIC and research money when the vast majority of students are humanities and social science majors.

That is a great point. I'm sure the B10 fanboys are proud of the CIC, but, ACC universities do just fine acquiring research grants. UNC, a liberal arts university, got close to $550M in research money a year ago on its own. We have our own organisation, the ACCIAC, which I believe will serve our league members just fine in that regard.

And in that regard, I can't see how good the level of education can be when a university is churning out 10,000 undergraduates a year. But I'm biased against these mammoth schools because my high school, college and law school classes all graduated roughly 250 students.

Same here. It would leade me to think that schools with student bodies that large generally have less stringent entrance standards than ACC universities typically have.

I imagine that the level of education for the average student at an ACC school is better than the average education a student in the big 10 receives just on quality of instruction. And I've thought that about the ACC long before syracuse became a part of it.

I will defer to your opinion here. I think very highly of ACC institutions (Syracuse included), and, respect the focus on academics first, sports second. Yes, some of our schools have had their missteps (UNC's was an embarassment to me), but, overall, I think we have the best combination of academics/athletics in the country. Bar none.

It's a joke, for crissakes. He's kidding. He is talking tongue in cheek.

We have become a nation populated with the hyper-sensitve laying in wait to bellow at any perceived sleight to anyone.

It's great for the morally-vain among us.

In DC a peron lost her job for calling a program's funding "niggardly" using the word exactly as it should be used.

Her sin was that she used a word that sounded like another word.

I'm sorry, but you can't dismiss the whole thing as a joke or as some PC smear campaign. He is a great guy (I have met him) and I by no way believe he is anti-Catholic, but he was out of line. It is very clear he holds certain opinions about ND, the SEC, the ACC, Louisville and the B10 which manifested themselves in that statement and some of which are true. Remember, this isn't the first time with him.

Funny AND ill-advised.

And he's right: Notre Dame doesn't 'play well with others'.

It's had its 15 minutes of fame. Time to let it go.

Catholics can't be trusted? They don't provide an exact quote for that.

The fathers are holy on Sunday, and they're holy hell on the rest of the week.
You just can't trust those damn Catholics on a Thursday or a Friday, and so, literally, I can say that.

With that quoted, I know it was a joke but not one the Mormon president of a large state university should be making.

Here is why it's tolerated though:
He is a prolific fundraiser and is leading a $2.5 billion campaign at Ohio State.

Nope. I never thought UNC or UVA would respond to Gee & Delaney's passionate whispers. I just don't like that they thought they COULD pillage the ACC. That sort of arrogance calls fo a public comeuppance.

Speaking from watching the Big Ten side of things with UofM, it's ridiculous how they think the B1G is the end-all be-all and that any school which is offered to grace their presence will bolt without thinking. Their overinflated sense of self-worth is insane.

As a Catholic, I'm hoping to be part of a class action lawsuit brought against him by the Vatican.

I think the more pressing problem in this case is that the world isn't ready for guys in bowties to be telling the jokes. I know I'm not.

Funny guys typically get away with telling them.

What is even more ridiculous is him thinking that he was in the least bit funny - that is the funniest part of this story. He's saying that was a joke? The president of Thee Ohio State University?

Maybe it's a bit of buyers remorse about being brothers with Rutgers and missing out on ND in their own backyard. Now that is funny.

What is even more ridiculous is him thinking that he was in the least bit funny - that is the funniest part of this story. He's saying that was a joke? The president of Thee Ohio State University?

Maybe it's a bit of buyers remorse about being brothers with Rutgers and missing out on ND in their own backyard. Now that is funny.

Agree. I'm sure the Ohio State BoT was rolling on the floor, we love our funny President. Did you hear the one about the Priest, the Rabbi and the guy with the bowtie? Love him!

Yes, he's joking, and, he IS talking tongue-in-cheek, but, somebody in his position knows better than to utter stuff like that. Even in gest. Even if he believes it.

Impeach John F. Kennedy! Even if it has to be done retroactively.

He said "Ich bein ein Berliner" or "I am a Berliner". Sounds to me that in declaring himself a Berliner, he was renouncing his US citizenship. And that would disqualify him to serve as President.

I get your point. But my counterpoint is that we allow people with axes to grind to pretend that a person said or meant something that anyone with a brain know wasn't what the person said at all.

We ought to be all over the cases of people who do this, calling them out as frauds. Instead, we try and say to people never say anything that can be taken out of context and used against you.

He said "Ich bein ein Berliner" or "I am a Berliner". Sounds to me that in declaring himself a Berliner, he was renouncing his US citizenship. And that would disqualify him to serve as President.

I get your point. But my counterpoint is that we allow people with axes to grind to pretend that a person said or meant something that anyone with a brain know wasn't what the person said at all.

We ought to be all over the cases of people who do this, calling them out as frauds. Instead, we try and say to people never say anything that can be taken out of context and used against you.
Actually have talked about that with a German friend of mine JFK said "Ich bin ein Berliner" and instead of saying I am a Berliner he said "I am a jelly doughnut." A Berliner was a donut in Germany. So he wasn't renouncing his citizenship.

That is a great point. I'm sure the B10 fanboys are proud of the CIC, but, ACC universities do just fine acquiring research grants. UNC, a liberal arts university, got close to $550M in research money a year ago on its own. We have our own organisation, the ACCIAC, which I believe will serve our league members just fine in that regard.
Do the new schools get to join the ACCIAC?

Actually have talked about that with a German friend of mine JFK said "Ich bin ein Berliner" and instead of saying I am a Berliner he said "I am a jelly doughnut." A Berliner was a donut in Germany. So he wasn't renouncing his citizenship.
No, I guess not. But if he said he was a jelly doughnut, then clearly he is no longer mentally competent to serve. After all ... according to the new rules ... all statements can be taken literally. Context in unimportant. I doesn't matter what you meant. It only matters what others can suggest you meant.

It's a bizarre world we live in.

Not the least bit surprised coming from the president of the flagship university in Ohio.

LOL even more President Gee
Awful Announcing@awfulannouncing
E. Gordon Gee says Maryland and Rutgers make BTN "worth more money than God" http://bit.ly/10NPQka
In the full audio, Gee sheepishly tries to compliment Rutgers' football tradition, then returns to talking point of 40-50 mil homes for BTN.

Maryland and Rutgers make BTN worth more money than God, I can't stop laughing. Wow this guy knows Rutgers has 1 Big East title in its existence which was a 4-way tie this past season in an 8 team league, and Maryland has 1 ACC title in the last 25 years in 2001. I can't imagine what Texas would be worth to the BTN? More than God?

Unfortunately, the ACC exercised that same snobby-arsed, academic elitist nonsense when they told WVU 'no thanks.'

The only thing I would say to B10 fans is that for a twit like Gee to criticise the ACC for inviting Louisville, I have one word for him...Nebraska. They sure as Hades are not some sort of great plains academic bellwether, but, the B10 invited them, anyway.

For many fans of ACC schools, that was a big deal. But it was not the real issue. We were expanding to 14. The 2 schools added were going to be the pair that best would help us land Notre Dame. Pitt and Syracuse were the 2.

ND sees WVU as geographically redundant because Morgantown is 75 miles from Pittsburgh, and probably all ACC ADs would concur.

http://college-football.si.com/2013/05/31/ohio-state-gordon-gee-controversial-comments/

Here is the full audio. This will cause Gee retire really soon IMO. WOW, some nuggets if I was an attorney for the ACC I WOULD JUMP ALL OVER in a deposition in the Maryland case. I now hope this case doesn't settle and the ACC lawyers get depositions from every B1G president and Jim Delany and see what bill of goods he is selling.

And to think that even some ACC fans called me names when I said that the Big Ten taking fiscally stupid Maryland was about trying to destabilize the ACC to punish it for the deal with ND.

I expect the ACC to now get any demands for discovery of all Big Ten Presidents communications.

E. Gordon Gee says Maryland and Rutgers make BTN "worth more money than God" http://bit.ly/10NPQka
In the full audio, Gee sheepishly tries to compliment Rutgers' football tradition, then returns to talking point of 40-50 mil homes for BTN.

Maryland and Rutgers make BTN worth more money than God, I can't stop laughing. Wow this guy knows Rutgers has 1 Big East title in its existence which was a 4-way tie this past season in an 8 team league, and Maryland has 1 ACC title in the last 25 years in 2001. I can't imagine what Texas would be worth to the BTN? More than God?

He sounds as stupid with the more money than God line as WVU fans. Gee was WVU President.

Wow. Just shows how full of s*** Delaney is when he is making these threats to go to Division 3 over the O'Bannon lawsuit. The conference with "more money than God" doesn't want to spend a dollar on its athletes that make them that money, but coach and administrator salaries will skyrocket more than they already have.

Funny AND ill-advised.

And he's right: Notre Dame doesn't 'play well with others'.

It's had its 15 minutes of fame. Time to let it go.

Gee is to ND as Sergio is to Tiger. Make a moderately funny comment, but don't know when to stop.

Gee: The ND priests are holy on Sunday, and holy hell the rest of the week. (Heh, heh.) No need for the "damn Catholics" comment. (Gulp!)

Sergio: Have Tiger over to dinner every night. (Heh, heh.) No need for the "fried chicken" comment. (Gulp!) A bridge too far in both cases.

Of course, Gee made it worse with his Louisville/SEC, etc. comments.

Oh, I agree. But, theres times, especially in this day and age of ever-present video and audio recorders, that you should just keep your opinions to yourself. Even amongst people that you think will maintain your confidence. Thats what happened to Gee. He thought he was in that type of situation. But, he obviously wasn't.

That is so true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom