LOL I love winters in Georgia! | Syracusefan.com

LOL I love winters in Georgia!

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
BCS.jpg
They are predicting one whole inch of snow tonight and we were just told not to come to work Tomarrow!!!LOL and we still get paid!!

Last edited:
View attachment 7162 They are predicting one whone inch of snow tonight and we were just told not to come to work Tomarrow!!!LOL and we still get paid!!

I used to live in Conyers. First winter there in 6th grade after we moved from Liverpool, my brother and I heard on the radio that school was cancelled when there was about an inch of snow. My mom wouldn't believe us. She had to sit there and watch the tv herself before she finally believed us.

got a note at 10:00 this morning that my kid's (cobb county) school was closing two hours early. absolutely insane. temps are in the high 20s! this is NOTHING but everybody who doesn't work in education gets their day ruined!

We're shut down here in Houston. Schools, offices and government buildings closed today and many tomorrow. Oh, did I mention it just started sprinkling and there was no snow. While I like working from home today, it's embarrassing.

Ha they just said for us to leave at 2:30 today...LOL
Jesus.

If it's to hot do they cancel school too, and send people home...that's like giving people a day off cause they have a bad hair day...
They need to man up, Marsh01 out here wearing shorts still..

Louisiana declared a state of emergency last night because the forecast was for up to 3 inches of snow. You have to remember that it hardly ever snows there and they have no snow plow equipment.

Same here in Charlotte, Union county schools dismissing early where my two kids attend. I still find it rather comical how crazy this area gets whenever there's a whiff of snow forecasted. I'll never forget several years ago while watching the local NBC affiliate, WCNC, where they had a reporter standing outdoors and, on air, while she was under her umbrella, uttered something along the lines, as you can see, the snow is starting to accumulate on top of my umbrella...friggin hysterical...

Well mere moments after I made my post it started snowing. Still embarrassing.

I lived in Atlanta during the turn of the century. After a couple of inches of snow and some freezing, the roads on Super Bowl week were 1000x worse than anything I've ever seen in Chicago.

Jesus.

If it's to hot do they cancel school too, and send people home
...that's like giving people a day off cause they have a bad hair day...
They need to man up, Marsh01 out here wearing shorts still..

We were told Thursday to go home early, and it was optional to come in Friday because it was too warm... pretty much.. Temps were 60 - 70 degrees warmer then normal for this time of year, and the snow started to melt during the day, which froze at night. Add in a little rain and this whole town was an ice skating rink.

Here in Seattle, we are tucked between two mountain ranges, and it rarely snows. About four years ago, we got several inches and a freeze that followed. The whole damn city closed for almost a week and folks were sledding down city streets!
Eventually, it warmed to our normal winter 45 degrees. Lots of dirt and sand (because they didn't use road salt at the time) on the ground after the thaw. The Mayor ended up getting voted out of office the next election, one of the main reasons being his storm reponse. We can salt the roads now, but we haven't had occasion to do so.

We were told Thursday to go home early, and it was optional to come in Friday because it was too warm... pretty much.. Temps were 60 - 70 degrees warmer then normal for this time of year, and the snow started to melt during the day, which froze at night. Add in a little rain and this whole town was an ice skating rink.
That I can understand. Driving on ice is not fun.

I lived in Atlanta during the turn of the century. After a couple of inches of snow and some freezing, the roads on Super Bowl week were 1000x worse than anything I've ever seen in Chicago.
this is absolutely true...because the powers that be don't see a need to actually sand/ice BEFORE the snow (even though they know it's coming and cancel lots of stuff preemptively). Tomorrow is going to be nasty...but today's stuff is just panic driven. It's in the 20s and there are lots of cars on the road so no way it's freezing. i'm doing the opposite of all my colleagues and not rushing out.

It will be a cool 80 when I head to the pro-am tomorrow for the Phoenix Open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom