LOL I love winters in Georgia! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL I love winters in Georgia!

Still waiting to see what it looks like tomorrow afternoon. We're supposed to get 1/4-1/2 inches of ice starting late afternoon and then snow beyond that. Crossing my fingers for a chance to get to W-S.

We got the freezing down here in Montgomery, AL today. Got out of work at 1000am and took me hour and half to get home versus the normal 20 minute commute. Bridges frozen over and idiots still driving normal speeds on interstate...smh. Changed over to snow around 1ish and still snowing now. Don't have to go to work till 12 tomorrow...by this weekend it's supposed to be in the 60's...only in the south:D

Well mere moments after I made my post it started snowing. Still embarrassing.

I'm home today too. We didn't get snow here at my house though, dog gone it. Just some freezing rain. I will say, yeah its not like NY as for winter weather capability, I appreciate not having to get into work today. Last Friday I saw two cars eat it into retaining walls on an overpass right in front of me. Saw the aftermath of one car hitting some ice on the Gulf Freeway - smashed through the guard rail and rolled over several times before winding up 30 feet below on the frontage road... They just don't have any experience with it at all.

Meanwhile%2Bin%2BNorway_46b355_3232105.jpg

IT IS STICKING TO THE ROAD AS IT FALLS!!!!!

This is the drama I heard late today. Definitely not true but folks who grew up down here love to say it. On the other hand, my friends & family talk about THEIR snow endlessly.

My sister in law was so excited (She works/lives in The Atlanta) She sent us this pic of the *storm* ;)

snow.jpg

OK I guess it is getting icy. Rather drive in snow than ice.

Last edited:
Hi, neighbor.
It took a friend of mine 7 hours to get from Marietta to Johns Creek.
Southerners do not know how to drive in the snow! We had about 2 " of snow here in the Atl area...it took me over 10 hours to drive 14 miles from Marietta to Woodstock. People with their big SUV's just spinning the wheels thinking that if they press the accelerator it will go faster on ice! Boy do I need some PBR's!

Hi, neighbor.
It took a friend of mine 7 hours to get from Marietta to Johns Creek.
Hello! Yea, my coworker had to go down to Holcomb Bridge Road and it took him 3 hours to get back to our office in Cumming yesterday afternoon...and that's before it got bad lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom