LOL Kentucky! | Syracusefan.com

LOL Kentucky!

I get laughing at them, but I also see no future where they don't go 110% after a big name to replace Cal when it comes time and there is no question about that.

Just saying...
I don’t get laughing at anybody at our current state. We crap on Rutgers, they’re better than us, we laugh at UConn, they’re one of the best in the country. We have a current losing streak to Colgate.

I don’t get laughing at anybody at our current state. We crap on Rutgers, they’re better than us, we laugh at UConn, they’re one of the best in the country. We have a current losing streak to Colgate.

Yeah I'm even past enjoying others failures anymore. It's fun when we have things to celebrate but they have far more to celebrate than us so even when they lose or have a bad month it's kind of just whatever...

Not just a losing streak, but two straight blowouts where we were barely even competitive for large stretches. I should be feeling great about running into an ailing VT squad this evening; instead, I feel like we are going to roll the ball out, get down by ten before JB starts coaching, and watch what basically becomes a shooting drill for the opposing squad. Every game feels the same, even against 2-and-whatever Louisville.

My absolute worst SU basketball and JB fears have been realized.

Not just a losing streak, but two straight blowouts where we were barely even competitive for large stretches. I should be feeling great about running into an ailing VT squad this evening; instead, I feel like we are going to roll the ball out, get down by ten before JB starts coaching, and watch what basically becomes a shooting drill for the opposing squad. Every game feels the same, even against 2-and-whatever Louisville.

My absolute worst SU basketball and JB fears have been realized.
Yup….groundhog day for 8 years

Do you ONLY identify as a Syracuse sports fan? When you talk about politics do you only come at it from the position of a Syracuse sports fan? How about the economy or the weather?

You can recognize the ridiculousness of certain situations without framing in comparison to Syracuse. There are in fact times in fans lives where they can objectively view a situation and go “wow, that’s pretty stupid and embarrassing.”

Do you ONLY identify as a Syracuse sports fan? When you talk about politics do you only come at it from the position of a Syracuse sports fan? How about the economy or the weather?

You can recognize the ridiculousness of certain situations without framing in comparison to Syracuse. There are in fact times in fans lives where they can objectively view a situation and go “wow, that’s pretty stupid and embarrassing.”
Do you even know what you’re writing when you write it?

I have a hard time laughing at any fan base when our current season includes losses to Bryant & Colgate, a 30 point loss to a bad Illinois team and a loss to in-state St. Johns. Our best win this year may be a neutral floor win against a 9-7 Richmond team that we needed OT to beat. We have ZERO commits for next year and our 3leading scorers will probably all be gone after this year. Oh, not to mention the elephant in the room about our HC...

It’s like a fat guy making fun of another guy for being fat. It’s stupid.
Okay, then let’s pretend Syracuse fandom isn’t a personality trait… Can we agree that individuals are able to objectively recognize the absurdness of other groups situations?

Last edited:
I have a hard time laughing at any fan base when our current season includes losses to Bryant & Colgate, a 30 point loss to a bad Illinois team and a loss to in-state St. Johns. Our best win this year may be a neutral floor win against a 9-7 Richmond team that we needed OT to beat. We have ZERO commits for next year and our 3leading scorers will probably all be gone after this year. Oh, not to mention the elephant in the room about our HC...

Thanks for that. I'm going back to the derelict ward now. :)

drinks all around.gif

Your reading comprehension is beyond awful if you think I said “well we can’t laugh”, not sure how you confused with “I don’t get”. Keep your schtick up.
Oh Yeah, that’s it lol

Yeah, Syracuse stinks but so has Kentucky for a while now and people down there have had enough of Cal. The prep talent isn't as good as it used to be and now he has to really coach to get the most out of them. This goes beyond having Jimmy's and Joe's. Xs and Os have to make up for the talent deficit.

I don’t see this from the perspective of mocking other programs for their difficulties. I see it from the perspective that young athletes and how they blend and fit together in a complex team sport are variable. I see that certain programs have had the historical ability to recruit to a system from elite players and mold them for years. Certain programs have had elite coaches (Syracuse) who have been able to take next tier athletes and draw elite performances from them. I see that now players are itinerant because of NBA stockpiling, early drafting and the portal. I see it as a reflection of the narrowness of perspective of those who bemoan our loss of glory, our expectation of pulling rabbits out of hats.
Imagine being Georgetown, or Kentucky, or name your example.
Here there are no permanent cities.
If it can happen to Kentucky with their abundance of riches and an outstanding game coach, why should we imagine we are immune?
I trust Boeheim to navigate these circumstances more than any speculative prospect. I know he is bearing the end of a run where he gratified ’Cuse fans beyond what we had a right to, but came to, expect.
I am grateful. I think the lessons are being missed.

Yeah, Syracuse stinks but so has Kentucky for a while now and people down there have had enough of Cal. The prep talent isn't as good as it used to be and now he has to really coach to get the most out of them. This goes beyond having Jimmy's and Joe's. Xs and Os have to make up for the talent deficit.
Kentucky stinks for awhile now?

They were a 2 seed last year, granted they ate it in the tourney, it happens.
2 Elite 8s and a Sweet 16 in the last 5 tourneys.
Would have been a high seed in 2020.

Def fallen off from what they were, but I wouldnt say "they stink" by any stretch.

Kentucky stinks for awhile now?

They were a 2 seed last year, granted they ate it in the tourney, it happens.
2 Elite 8s and a Sweet 16 in the last 5 tourneys.
Would have been a high seed in 2020.

Def fallen off from what they were, but I wouldnt say "they stink" by any stretch.
You're overrating seeding which reflects on the current state of college basketball. The talent isn't good by Kentucky standards. I know Syracuse is used to bad basketball, but the current state of the collegiate and grassroots is poor. None of the guys on this year's team would play on the title team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom