LOL Wichita | Syracusefan.com

LOL Wichita

I thought SU had the toughest bracket, then holy schnikes the midwest popped up.

I have an interview with someone from Wichita tomorrow. I will let him know Marsh sends his regards.

My coworker is a Shocker alum and he is absolutely flipping out over the path they were given. He has been full of confidence all season and that bracket was like a kick to the nuts. All his bravado is gone because there aren't any sheep to be found in that bracket .. Only wolves.

I have to applaud the committee here if they have to give you a 1 for playing a ridiculous schedule you aren't getting an easy road.

Yeah, makes sense to me. It's unfortunate, but you really don't play anyone - it's time to see if you're ready to run with the big boys.

153273330_8f824a7f30.jpg

Kentucky-Louisville-Duke/Michigan is ridiculous for them, but they deserved that. They didn't deserve a 1 seed. Western Michigan-Ohio State-Kansas-Florida is just as tough for us though.

Kentucky-Louisville-Duke/Michigan is ridiculous for them, but they deserved that. They didn't deserve a 1 seed. Western Michigan-Ohio State-Kansas-Florida is just as tough for us though.

I despise UK, but they're taking down the Shockers in the round of 32. Even if they had the Colorado/Pittsburgh winner there, they'd still have a near impossible road with L'ville & Duke/Michigan. That's just cold by the committee!

I despise UK, but they're taking down the Shockers in the round of 32. Even if they had the Colorado/Pittsburgh winner there, they'd still have a near impossible road with L'ville & Duke/Michigan. That's just cold by the committee!

Then Pitt would probably take out WSU. I believe they are really overrated, really overrated, we shall see.

Then Pitt would probably take out WSU. I believe they are really overrated, really overrated, we shall see.

I think they're highly overrated, but I'd take them to beat Pitt. That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they lost to Pitt had they been in their region.

Possibly the toughest game they play all year will be the 8/9 game.

I hope they lost to the 16.

Even if they lose to a team like Kentucky, I think it's unfair to say that Wichita is overrated. At the end of the day, it's one game. I feel like Wichita is one of the top 5 teams in the country no matter what happens. They proved themselves with their run last year, and then going undefeated this year.

Even if they lose to a team like Kentucky, I think it's unfair to say that Wichita is overrated. At the end of the day, it's one game. I feel like Wichita is one of the top 5 teams in the country no matter what happens. They proved themselves with their run last year, and then going undefeated this year.

Especially if Florida is actually special and Kentucky continues what they started in the SEC tourney nearly knocking them off. If the SEC is as overrated; however, as many people believe, I think Wichita has a fighting chance.

wichita state needs to step up and put some red meat on their table. only then i'll stop calling them a joke.

wichita state needs to step up and put some red meat on their schedule. only then i'll stop calling them a joke.

Again, how do you propose a team like Wichita St. does this? As said many times before, it serves no purpose for the big guys to play a team that made the final 4 in the OOC schedule. Think Kansas wanted any piece of them this year? If they win, great, you were supposed to beat a team like the Shockers from that weak conference. If they lose, even if WSU makes the final 4 again, it will be construed as a bad loss somehow.

are you seriously telling me that wichita state has absolutely no control of their OOC schedule?

are you seriously telling me that wichita state has absolutely no control of their OOC schedule?

Well, they would have played Texas this year if Rick Barnes hadn't allowed his squad to lose to BYU and they played Tennessee, which has been decent some years, but yeah, a team like Wichita St. can only schedule what the other teams say they will play. I've heard they want home and homes and not just be treated like Eastern Michigan is by us every year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...not-be-scheduling-games-against-wichita-state

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom