Looking Forward to GT | Syracusefan.com

Looking Forward to GT

tep624

Living Legend
Watching them against GA St - we will be able to pass against this team. I think the strengths of our offense will match up well against the weaknesses in their defense.

I’m highly concerned about their running game against our run defense. If we don’t dramatically turn things around, we may need to sell out the pass to try to contain.

I do think in general the run D will get better but much of that is contingent on Marlowe not being done for the season.

I do think in general the run D will get better but much of that is contingent on Marlowe not being done for the season.
What gives you that confidence? I saw a D line that got pushed back by a small offensive line on almost every play and then absolutely awful tackling in the second level.

I fully expected our run defense to be a strength based on Wax returning and the players Fran added. After yesterday I'm worried that it might just be our biggest weakness, and if it is that really changes the season-long upside for this team.

What gives you that confidence? I saw a D line that got pushed back by a small offensive line on almost every play and then absolutely awful tackling in the second level.

I fully expected our run defense to be a strength based on Wax returning and the players Fran added. After yesterday I'm worried that it might just be our biggest weakness, and if it is that really changes the season-long upside for this team.
Because it’s just week one and I’m trying to stay positive.

I think we can fix a lot before GT in terms of run D.

It was the first game. I think snap count with who is playing will change, the guys will be more aggressive and I’m still heartened by the number of TFLs we had.

This isn’t ‘95 Nebraska and GT’s d isn’t good, we should be able to out up points.

Gave up 143 of 250 on 4 runs. Also had 10 tackles for loss. A little more discipline on the edge and pursuit and they will be better.

Guys like Diggs who had some awesome plays, also got taken so far out of plays, that I can’t imagine that can’t be fixed.

In one big run, the color guy was giving Duce crap about setting the edge even though Diggs had been blocked into an alternate universe.

Guys like Diggs who had some awesome plays, also got taken so far out of plays, that I can’t imagine that can’t be fixed.

In one big run, the color guy was giving Duce crap about setting the edge even though Diggs had been blocked into an alternate universe.
They had a plan for Diggs that he's going to see often ... Ohio doubled him a lot in the first half. In the second they played him straight up but sent an extra blocker to take him out on end runs. Very effective. Also, their OL dirtied up our LB's so badly that our top tackler was a safety. That is on the DL, and if they don't fix it GT is going to do repeats of the 1st Qtr against Ohio - run it down our throats and take their sweet time doing it.

Last edited:
They had a plan for Diggs that he's going to see often ... Ohio doubled him in the first half. In the second they played him straight up but sent an extra blocker to take him out on end runs. Very effective. Also, their OL dirtied up our LB's so badly that our top tackler was a safety. That is on the DL, and if they don't fix it GT is going to do repeats of the 1st Qtr against Ohio - run it down our throats and take their sweet time doing it.

When he got blown down the OL, that was single blocking. He also took himself out of a run play by getting way too upfield, again, on single blocking.

He’s good. But he has some stuff to fix to become more multi-dimensional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom