What are you most excited to see this season? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What are you most excited to see this season?

I will be very interested to see if Coach Brown has raised the talent level up and down the roster.

I will be very interested to see if Coach Brown has raised the talent level up and down the roster.

It certainly seems like it to me. But, yes, the proof is seeing it out there on the field against live opposition.

One thing I know if that we haven't ever had this many proven players, who have started in college before, as we seem to have this year.

We used to be delighted to have 8 decent returning offensive linemen, and now we have like 10 or more who have been college starters before, and a bunch of big body young guys behind them.

On the defensive line, we have 10-12 legit guys on the defensive line, meaning we can rotate almost 3 deep. We are 3 deep at LB, and we've got a dozen guys who should contribute in the secondary.

So, we could lose 4 or 5 guys to injury -- and as long as they aren't McCord, LaQuint Allen, Fadil Diggs, Marlowe Wax or Justin Barron -- and we would still have adequate depth that can pretty much step in for the injured guy without too much drop off in production.

You'd hate to lose Gadsden again, but even if it that happened, we still have 4 other big-time receivers on this squad.

We are going to play a lot of guys this year at WR, at LB, on DL, in the secondary.

I just hope we develop some chemistry on the O line with all these new guys. They have to be ready by Week 2 this year. Georgia Tech is an essential game to win, and it's roughly a toss-up right now.

It certainly seems like it to me. But, yes, the proof is seeing it out there on the field against live opposition.

One thing I know if that we haven't ever had this many proven players, who have started in college before, as we seem to have this year.

We used to be delighted to have 8 decent returning offensive linemen, and now we have like 10 or more who have been college starters before, and a bunch of big body young guys behind them.

On the defensive line, we have 10-12 legit guys on the defensive line, meaning we can rotate almost 3 deep. We are 3 deep at LB, and we've got a dozen guys who should contribute in the secondary.

So, we could lose 4 or 5 guys to injury, and as long as they aren't McCord, LaQuint Allen, Fadil Diggs, Marlowe Wax or Justin Barron, we have adequate depth who can pretty much step in for the injured guy without much drop off in production.

We are going to play a lot of guys this year at WR, at LB, on DL, in the secondary.

I just hope we develop some chemistry on the O line with all these new guys. They have to be ready by Week 2 this year. Georgia Tech is an essential game to win, and it's roughly a toss-up right now.
The Fans can play a big part in the second game in the new dome. Be early, rowdy, and loud.
Make Georgia Tech wish they had stayed home.