looking the bowl playoff rankings | Syracusefan.com

looking the bowl playoff rankings

upperdeck

Living Legend
How far down that list do you go to get to a team that it would take something crazy to think we couldnt beat them

Ala, Clem, Mich, UL , A&M have tons of Talent

OSU can be good but wouldnt susprise me if we could run with them

Wisc is solid but not elite

Neb has shown me nothing

PSu? FL? not that impressive

OK/FSU/LSU when they come to play are talented

Utah/Baylor/Auburn/Wash would give us fits

Ok St very winnable

Vt we already beat

WV wouldnt scare me

UNC is over rated

for a team that is 70th or so in many rankings the leap to beat many of these teams is just one solid day by the offense away.

Sad thing is also one avg day by the offense from losing to BC/Uconn

I only see 10 teams that i dont think we have a shot unless they play god awful. Thats great going forward

the good FSU is top 8, the up and down FSU is 23rd which will we see.

We have been smoked by some not so elite teams. Of course, "on any given Saturday" we could compete, but those teams would smack us 9 of 10 if we played them consecutively

OSU will lose to Neb this week and be out of the play off discussion.

OSU has no offense, they just have good athletes.

Ohio State is a 17.5 point favorite at home against Nebraska. If you're that confident about that game you could make a killing taking the Huskers moneyline.

Reactions: CIL
Ohio St at 6 is a joke. They have been living on the edge all year.
OSU is fukkin solid. You all are crazy.
This is a joke

A&M 4? The SEC is over rated ... Again

Last three weeks OSU has been playing with fire, losing to Penn State and should have lost last week.

Louisville should be ahead of OSU

There is no surprise team that can make a run this year.
Also Louisville got smacked down. They can't make it unless Clemson loses two ACC games.
Wisconsin/Auburn/Nebraska would all jump them with wins.
I think LSU or Ole Miss will beat A&M.
Arkansas takes care of Florida this week.
Penn State will lose again

This is a joke

Last three weeks OSU has been playing with fire, losing to Penn State and should have lost last week.

Because Ville has t had close calls...

I hate OSU...but they have top 4 talent.

Because Ville has t had close calls...

I hate OSU...but they have top 4 talent.
And they will be better next year. Bring back everyone, including Barrett, who's been there forever.

Neb isn't beating Osu in Columbus, no chance.

And they will be better next year. Bring back everyone, including Barrett, who's been there forever.

They have like two senior starters, I hate them too, but they are really good. If they beat Mich they deserve to be in the playoffs.

Elite road wins are hard to come by and OSU has two of them: Oklahoma and Wisconsin.

do you base the standings on who you beat, how you are playing now, or who has looked the best?

do you base the standings on who you beat, how you are playing now, or who has looked the best?

"Who you beat" is far and away is the most important metric, with "who has looked the best" contributing a little bit.

"How you are playing now" is illogical considering the college football season is so incredibly short.

A&M is deserving of #4-- for now. I like Sumlin, and the job he does. The problem for A&M is the remaining schedule and the strong likelihood that they will not play in the conference championship (Bama would have to lose 2 games).

@Miss State (3-5)
Ole Miss (3-5)
U of Texas SAN ANTONIO (4-4)
LSU. (5-2, I think)

The common SEC scheduling practice of playing an FCS school game #11 is likely to be a major obstacle for A&M remaining in the top 4. Even if they win out they very likely will not play in the SEC championship. This gives Washington the advantage imo if Washington wins out and wins the Pac12 championship. If Washington loses a game then OSU and Lville have a shot, but that is a closer call assuming A&M wins out too.

Can't wait.

A&M is deserving of #4-- for now. I like Sumlin, and the job he does. The problem for A&M is the remaining schedule and the strong likelihood that they will not play in the conference championship (Bama would have to lose 2 games).

@Miss State (3-5)
Ole Miss (3-5)
U of Texas SAN ANTONIO (4-4)
LSU. (5-2, I think)

The common SEC scheduling practice of playing an FCS school game #11 is likely to be a major obstacle for A&M remaining in the top 4. Even if they win out they very likely will not play in the SEC championship. This gives Washington the advantage imo if Washington wins out and wins the Pac12 championship. If Washington loses a game then OSU and Lville have a shot, but that is a closer call assuming A&M wins out too.

Can't wait.

Yep. A&M won't be staying up there for the long haul. It's Bama from the SEC and that's it.

This is a joke

That is why every ACC team needs to play an SEC team every year. That is the only way to destroy the MYTH about how great they are. They have 8 or 9 teams in the top 25 every year, and get credit for beating each other. If the ACC was beating them Head to Head every year the MYTH would end.

That is why every ACC team needs to play an SEC team every year. That is the only way to destroy the MYTH about how great they are. They have 8 or 9 teams in the top 25 every year, and get credit for beating each other. If the ACC was beating them Head to Head every year the MYTH would end.

Or the SEC would beat them and there would be a new excuse .

Yep. A&M won't be staying up there for the long haul. It's Bama from the SEC and that's it.

Its going to be interesting to see if A&M runs the table, do they get in despite not playing in their conf title game.

Lou destroyed FSU lost to clem.
A&M beat auburn got beat pretty good by Alabama.

hard to tell those 2 teams apart but at least one beat a good team badly

Lou destroyed FSU lost to clem.
A&M beat auburn got beat pretty good by Alabama.

hard to tell those 2 teams apart but at least one beat a good team badly

A&M's non conf schedule is awful, not all of their fault, Ucla was ranked when they played them, and fell apart, but its still brutal. Lville gets hurt by Houston not being as good as expected. I would give the nod to Lou if both teams have one loss.