Looks like they are finally renovating the locker rooms and | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like they are finally renovating the locker rooms and

Barrel is booked through first quarter 2013 won't be bidding, most likely. Painful.
Sounds like a luxury problem for the Barrel. Congrats!

what job dont they rush? they push way hard -hurts the quality quite imho
When were they supposed to start it? If it was expected we made a bowl this year, this would be the first week after. I think 6 months is a perfectly reasonable time frame to build a locker room and player lounge. They weren't going to kick out the players in season to start renovating...

Looks around 5 million budget, agressive schedule most everything needs to be done by 9/1, player locker rooms by 7/15, looks like an addition to the hall fame room as well, which will be the last piece of the project done bt 11/1.

Nice project.. Barrel is booked through first quarter 2013 won't be bidding, most likely. Painful.

This is just updating exsisting facilities and doesn't include a new, independent football practice facility correct?

When were they supposed to start it? If it was expected we made a bowl this year, this would be the first week after. I think 6 months is a perfectly reasonable time frame to build a locker room and player lounge. They weren't going to kick out the players in season to start renovating...
This is just updating exsisting facilities and doesn't include a new, independent football practice facility correct?

correct, two small additions for the coaches locker room and hall of fame, rest is reno work

Well they could have bid the job in November and started the day the season was over if they made a bowl, say even the Orange Bowl, they would still be way ahead of where they are now. They have lost 6-8 weeks by the time they actually get started. And considering we did not make a bowl probably 10 weeks. Succesful contractor could be writing subcontracts, submitting long lead items, working on schedule Probably the worst time of year to come out of the ground with an addition as well, added cost for heated concrete, etc etc. The end date won't change but the price does, overtime, etc etc. The interior demolition would be done by now if they planned accordingly but what the hell do I know... only been at this for 20 years

yeah, other than that there is nothing they could have done

correct, two small additions for the coaches locker room and hall of fame, rest is reno work
why are they expanding the coaches locker room of all things? couldn't any additional space be better utilized than a coaches locker room?

why are they expanding the coaches locker room of all things? couldn't any additional space be better utilized than a coaches locker room?

They need more room to throw chairs and other stuff after the ugly losses.

players lounge in Manley, ice/ training room... should be done by next season
Looks like it is already having an affect on recruiting. Didn't we just get a 2013 QB to commit? :rolling:

Maybe they are moving the other coaches offices into the new space and expanding the locker room into the old coaches locker room.

they didn't hire me, it will be competitvely bid and that is a good thing, just invited to bid, which I won't because we are booked for that time period, which is another good thing. The days of negotiating construction work with Universities are long gone for the most part or should I say it depends on how much you donate!!

Ha, good to know.

That's right because if you're not union you're not making a living wage. LOL

because when something is expensive, it means the workers MUST be in a Union, right?

did this thread need to go union vs non union? SU has no labor agreement so it will be open shop for the most part, maybe a few union contractors

Adding one of these.

FGS4D5ULIYEQHOAEJ2.MEDIUM.jpg

Were you at my house?

Ralph Friedgen is a big guy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom