Lost a great Syracuse BBall fan last night... | Syracusefan.com

Lost a great Syracuse BBall fan last night...

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
I want to share a funny Syracuse story about the man who got me addicted to the color orange; My Father.

Last night, around 3am, I lost my father to stage 4 lung and throat cancer. He was diagnosed in January and over the past couple months, have taken many trips from North Carolina to New York since then when receiving calls from family/nurses saying it's time to say goodbye. He was 57 years old and was suffering a great deal so I take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place. If there is one statement here to make, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. The disease is simply (and frankly) a bitc*.

I was hesitant to go to the Final Four this year because of his health, but was encouraged by many to go anyways. I wished I could have had him there with me, but spoke to him before leaving talking about the trip. Before the game, I received a call from his Nurse stating he had been talking Syracuse Basketball all day. He was predicting a Syracuse over Michigan victory with a final score of 60-57. During the last couple of minutes, I was about crapping my pants.

He loved sports, he bought me my first ever Syracuse piece of clothing, and was an even better man. I know he will be watching games from up above.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Deepest sympathies go out to you and your family in this difficult time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I hope your memories can soothe you during this difficult time. Condolences.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

may he forever enjoy many years of cuse hoops from the best seat in the house god bless and many prayers for you and your family in these times.

So very, very sorry to hear about your loss. Glad that he is at peace after what sounds like too much suffering, at least.

Condolences to you and your family. My dad died in 2004 and I think of him every day. He was a big SU fan and celebrated the NC in 2003 with great gusto, though he was getting quite feeble. I wish you warm thoughts and memories of your dad and grieve with you.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your loss. It's all part of the plan for Cuse fans to take over EVERYWHERE!

I want to share a funny Syracuse story about the man who got me addicted to the color orange; My Father.

Last night, around 3am, I lost my father to stage 4 lung and throat cancer. He was diagnosed in January and over the past couple months, have taken many trips from North Carolina to New York since then when receiving calls from family/nurses saying it's time to say goodbye. He was 57 years old and was suffering a great deal so I take comfort in knowing that he is in a better place. If there is one statement here to make, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. The disease is simply (and frankly) a bitc*.

I was hesitant to go to the Final Four this year because of his health, but was encouraged by many to go anyways. I wished I could have had him there with me, but spoke to him before leaving talking about the trip. Before the game, I received a call from his Nurse stating he had been talking Syracuse Basketball all day. He was predicting a Syracuse over Michigan victory with a final score of 60-57. During the last couple of minutes, I was about crapping my pants.

He loved sports, he bought me my first ever Syracuse piece of clothing, and was an even better man. I know he will be watching games from up above.

I'm very sorry for your loss - you have my deepest condolences. 57 is exactly how old both my parents are, and my Mom is just about to start chemo for breast cancer (she had a double mastectomy last month). I have a newfound appreciation for her.

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. I know all too well how difficult it is to see a beloved family member suffer and ultimately succumb to this terrible disease.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss Jack. Just terrible news. My Dad was diagnosed with cancer in July of 1997 and he died in September of 1997, it was rather quick. He had just turned 58. He was a huge Syracuse fan in general and watched just about every sport for that matter. I was only 11 at the time, but I don't think it's any easier at any age.

Jack, deepest condolences on the loss of your father. I can relate to an extent, having just lost my mother to lung cancer this past January.

My dad is my best friend in the world, and just like you our love of Syracuse athletics has really made rooting for the 'Cuse so much more meaningful than just rooting for a team--it is our mutual passion, and something we can share. I can't even imagine what it would be like to root for the Orange without my dad, so please accept my deepest condolences again. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

My deepest condolences. I always try to support cancer fundraising events when possible. Its a terrible disease and we have all been affected in some way possible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

thoughts nad prayers r with u and the family.

Way too young, JB44. Our condolences for your loss. Sounds like your Dad was a great 'Cuse fan.

My sincerest condolences JB44.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom