Lots of crazy people on this board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lots of crazy people on this board

First off as a discussion and forum board, a person should be able to express a viewpoint without getting ripped for it. None of us are "the smartest football guys" in the room. All points, and the right to express them here on this board are valid. I do think Marrone can continue to turn this program around. My feeling is that we don't have an offensive scheme that helps the level of overall talent we have, while causing defenses to have to play catch up. We seem to have come out strong the last couple of years only to midway through the season have all our flaws and best efforts out in the open. And once they have us figured out, it's been over. We gratefully got to a bowl game last year ahead of schedule. Possibly our hopes were a bit high. My big problem as with most of you is the offense. IMHO, pieces of an offense MUST work and fit together. I thought with DM putting his time and effort along with his o-line coach would have even the talent we have better by now. But the line we have doesn't fit with a pro-style drop back passer that we have. The things he does best doesn't match the protection he's getting. He wants to make every read in his progression, needs better accuracy with the long ball and sometimes better touch shorter (though his wr's bear a lot of the blame). But DM loves him and why wouldn't he. So far DM's coaching style and decision making seem more NFL like than college. And Nassib if you had to put him in a category plays more like a pro-style pocket guy. This off season its the staff starting with DM that needs to do as much work to improve and change as the players do. Either you get one of your "running" QB's some game time to pressure the D's, or you til Ryan to put a 5 sec clock in his head and then take off. Just keep the chains moving. We are upset and frustrated fans, but we all want the same things, for ourselves, the players, and the program. Be thankful we aren't what we were...and be patient. (and don't get me going on ST's)

Have you watched the BE this year? Have you watched other teams from other conferences? It's not drama its the truth. The BE sucks. Louisville has a very good chance to be the rep in the BCS bowl. Think about that for one second.
Where would Louisville finish in any of the other BCS conferences or Cincy for that matter or even mighty WV or maybe you think Rutgers would steamroll through the SEC or Big 12 or Pac 12. I think they all stink- not drama, just my analysis from watching the games.
Sun Belt, MAC, MWC, never said they would rip through SEC, Big 12 ACC & Pac teams wouldn't steam roll through the SEC either get a grip
Never said they were Great teams but there are good teams why I come on hear and bother I have no idea

Sun Belt, MAC, MWC, never said they would rip through SEC, Big 12 ACC & Pac teams wouldn't steam roll through the SEC either get a grip
Never said they were Great teams but there are good teams why I come on hear and bother I have no idea
I should have clarified, I meant worst BCS conference, but I thought that was a given.
And feel free to leave.

It's not like the state of CT is loaded with prep talent yet Uconn seems to kick our ass every year.
It's not like the BE is loaded with abundantly talented teams that are steam rolling the rest of the country, I would argue there isn't a single good team in the league yet we get run over week after week. We are by far the worst team in the worst conference in America and that ain't all b/c we are a small private university that isn't surrounded by prep talent.

I should have clarified, I meant worst BCS conference, but I thought that was a given.
And feel free to leave.
BCS is not America...sorry didn't mean to read your words

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom