Lots of crazy people on this board | Syracusefan.com

Lots of crazy people on this board

CNY in Miami

Walk On
Almost never post.

almost every thread on the board blast Marone or blames Nassib for the disapointing season. I do not lay blame on either one of them, nor is it Hakett or any other coach.

Fact is we are a small private university in update New York that is probably last on the list of states with a large population in producing D 1 talant. Just look at the Cincy roster, most of their players come from Ohio, gown here in Florda UM,the Gators,FSU, So Fl,UCF, FIU, FAU walk out their back door and pick up 95% of their players.

SU has to fight Rutgers for NJ, BC and Conn for New England, piit and PS for Penn. In Florida they are still playing high school ball, when these Kids get out of Scoll many of the top recruits are ready to play.

Syracuse needs a player that can carry a team on offense, like McNabb or Marvin Graves to make a team like this current addition an 8 win team. Players like that do not get to SU very often.

Marone, knows what he has to do and will accomplish his goal, it takes a lot time to build a foundation, now is not the time to think about changing the architect.

I hate games like yesterday as mush as anyone, I saw a lot of them when I was at SU in the late 60's and early 70's, took McPherson a while but he turned things around, Marone will do the same.

Blind faith is such a wonderful thing. You spend the first 95% of your post telling us why SU can never compete in football. Then with absolutely no supporting evidence, you announce Marrone will get it done (despite you telling us that it will be almost impossible for SU to recruit against every other Big East team, any team located in the northeast and all Florida schools). I believe now.

Good news is that Doug knows what he has to do. So we have that going for us.

Fact is we are a small private university in update New York that is probably last on the list of states with a large population in producing D 1 talant. Just look at the Cincy roster, most of their players come from Ohio, gown here in Florda UM,the Gators,FSU, So Fl,UCF, FIU, FAU walk out their back door and pick up 95% of their players.
So why isn't Cincy historically better if they have such an advantage? How about Boise State? Did I miss something where Idaho became a football factory? Going by your theory, why even waste time on a football program? If we are doomed to failure?

The one important fact is, a school like Boise state is having a great run right now because they have made a name for themselves, and have shown a commitment to a quality program. Syracuse was doing that, and then we dropped the ball, badly.

So why isn't Cincy historically better if they have such an advantage? How about Boise State? Did I miss something where Idaho became a football factory? Going by your theory, why even waste time on a football program? If we are doomed to failure?

The one important fact is, a school like Boise state is having a great run right now because they have made a name for themselves, and have shown a commitment to a quality program. Syracuse was doing that, and then we dropped the ball, badly.

Cincinnati started to compete for recruits when they landed in a BCS conference. No magic there...
Boise State is a four year community college. With virtually no standards on who they let in to play football, as long as you can sign your 'X' on the dotted line, you're in. If Syracuse is willing to let in anybody just so they can compete in football, they could be like Boise State.

Way to much uncertainty around the University right now to justify any additional expenditures related to football. And letting in everyone like Boise State does isn't going to be an option at Syracuse. Kick and scream like a four year old girl all you want...it isn't going to happen.

Kick and scream like a four year old girl all you want...it isn't going to happen.

Where did I kick and scream like a four year old girl? Your comment seems more like the beginnings of a toddler's temper tantrum.

Where did I kick and scream like a four year old girl? Your comment seems more like the beginnings of a toddler's temper tantrum.

Not you specifically - we have plenty of posters that fit that description. You in a generalized plural sense.

Agree with most of that, however we have one of those type exciting players on the roster in Hunt or Kinder needs to be given a shot, whom in my educated football opinion having been there in the past is the center of the "team issue", losing the team, etc.

In practice the players see what these two can do and likely aren't happy they're not given a shot. As posted elsewhere if marrone has a deathwish he stays status quo. I mean what's the difference if they lose by 20 due to qb to's vs the way they're losing now due to non production? Come on already coach pull the trigger already.

Agree with most of that, however we have one of those type exciting players on the roster in Hunt or Kinder needs to be given a shot, whom in my educated football opinion having been there in the past is the center of the "team issue", losing the team, etc.

In practice the players see what these two can do and likely aren't happy they're not given a shot. As posted elsewhere if marrone has a deathwish he stays status quo. I mean what's the difference if they lose by 20 due to qb to's vs the way they're losing now due to non production? Come on already coach pull the trigger already.

In 2009 there were a lot of players that felt Nassib should have been the starter over Paulus. Then when Paulus starting stinking it up that there was a bit of a divide in the team. So now this is happening again two years later?

The first thing Marrone has to do, is to realize he cannot run a pro-style offense with one and two star players. Nearly every opponent we face, has much more talented players on the field and on the bench.

If you look at cinncy recruiting commits they are not pulling 4 and 5 star guys either. It seems Pitt has been the only BE team that has been bringing in name recruits and WVU to some extent. Marrone knows hew has to find diamonds in the rough. All teams in the BE and lesser name teams form the other BCS conferences have to. Thats the game right now

If you look at cinncy recruiting commits they are not pulling 4 and 5 star guys either. It seems Pitt has been the only BE team that has been bringing in name recruits and WVU to some extent. Marrone knows hew has to find diamonds in the rough. All teams in the BE and lesser name teams form the other BCS conferences have to. Thats the game right now

so if everyone in the BE is recruiting crap players, and everyone in the BE is thumping us, doesnt that mean Marrone is being out-coached?

so if everyone in the BE is recruiting crap players, and everyone in the BE is thumping us, doesnt that mean Marrone is being out-coached?
Not what I said at all

Almost never post.

almost every thread on the board blast Marone or blames Nassib for the disapointing season. I do not lay blame on either one of them, nor is it Hakett or any other coach.

SU has to fight Rutgers for NJ, BC and Conn for New England, piit and PS for Penn. In Florida they are still playing high school ball, when these Kids get out of Scoll many of the top recruits are ready to play.

Syracuse needs a player that can carry a team on offense, like McNabb or Marvin Graves to make a team like this current addition an 8 win team. Players like that do not get to SU very often.

Marone, knows what he has to do and will accomplish his goal, it takes a lot time to build a foundation, now is not the time to think about changing the architect.

I hate games like yesterday as mush as anyone, I saw a lot of them when I was at SU in the late 60's and early 70's, took McPherson a while but he turned things around, Marone will do the same.

i see why you dont post often...this team DOES have the talent, i have been saying we have good enough talent to win and this is all on coaches from scheming to playcalling but the disturbing thing is these coaches have lost these kids...there is no juice or leadership out there. if we dont have the talent that how do you explain west virginia. what the west virginia game did was EXPOSE the coaching staff. these players can play with anyone in this league with a proper scheme. this league was a sitting duck to be won this year...

In 2009 there were a lot of players that felt Nassib should have been the starter over Paulus. Then when Paulus starting stinking it up that there was a bit of a divide in the team. So now this is happening again two years later?

This was definitely the case two years ago, but I've heard nothing to suggest this is happening again this year.

Get Broyld in here and lets get this thing cookin...Im ready for a QB that can make things happen, and create some excitement. This pro style thing really isnt working. When it works it looks great and efficient, but too often drives are stalled without an escape clause (running qb). We can make up for a lack of playmaking ability with a qb who can make things happen with his feet. This gives opposing defenses something to worry about, and will also open up routes for our WR's.

I hope Doug is wise enough to look at his stable of qb's and find one that can be a dual threat. It will coverup a lot of flaws with our line and lack of WRs who can beat press coverage. If this happens then Nassib will be given the Cam Dantley treatment

How did we go from 31-7 domination last year at Cincy to what we saw yesterday?

How did we beat West Virginia?

I get that we don't have the talent we used to have. I get that we wouldn't compete with the current top 25 teams in college football.

I don't get how ok teams like Cincy without their QB are just pushing us around when they couldn't last year. I don't get how WVU can go 5-2 in this league with one of those 2 being a game where they were completely dominated in all phases of the game...by Syracuse.

One week to fix this and play a postseason game. If they don't, this year is a major failure and we're not moving in the right direction. No way to spin that. Scary how bad our specials are, I hope that's a result of a lack of proper coordination, not talent. Because the guys playing on specials are the youth we'll soon be relying on.

Almost never post.

You state that we need players like Mcnabb or Graves that can carry a team? Did you bother to look back and see all the supporting talent those guys had? They didn't do it on their own. They had tons of help.

Almost never post.

It's not like the state of CT is loaded with prep talent yet Uconn seems to kick our ass every year.
It's not like the BE is loaded with abundantly talented teams that are steam rolling the rest of the country, I would argue there isn't a single good team in the league yet we get run over week after week. We are by far the worst team in the worst conference in America and that ain't all b/c we are a small private university that isn't surrounded by prep talent.

Not sure the best examples I think if my dog could catch a ball he could qualify at Boise who play 1 maybe 2 solid teams a year far less competitive conference, and Cincy with a win I believe has a share of BE title 3 of last 4 years

i see why you dont post often...this team DOES have the talent, i have been saying we have good enough talent to win and this is all on coaches from scheming to playcalling but the disturbing thing is these coaches have lost these kids...there is no juice or leadership out there. if we dont have the talent that how do you explain west virginia. what the west virginia game did was EXPOSE the coaching staff. these players can play with anyone in this league with a proper scheme. this league was a sitting duck to be won this year...
Oh I missed it you said we have the talent that must mean we do

It's not like the state of CT is loaded with prep talent yet Uconn seems to kick our ass every year.
It's not like the BE is loaded with abundantly talented teams that are steam rolling the rest of the country, I would argue there isn't a single good team in the league yet we get run over week after week. We are by far the worst team in the worst conference in America and that ain't all b/c we are a small private university that isn't surrounded by prep talent.
Not a good team...really...worst conference in America hardly, the drama on this board is amazing. Wow I almost got hit by the falling sky

How did we go from 31-7 domination last year at Cincy to what we saw yesterday?

Scary how bad our specials are,

So true. The STs have cost us at least 3 games this year, IMO.

So true. The STs have cost us at least 3 games this year, IMO.

This is one spot I think HCDM made a mistake. Part of the suckiness is depth, part is youth and inexperience but I think not having a designated special teams coach was an error.
Without a coach for specials no one coach "owns" the problem...

Not a good team...really...worst conference in America hardly, the drama on this board is amazing. Wow I almost got hit by the falling sky
Have you watched the BE this year? Have you watched other teams from other conferences? It's not drama its the truth. The BE sucks. Louisville has a very good chance to be the rep in the BCS bowl. Think about that for one second.
Where would Louisville finish in any of the other BCS conferences or Cincy for that matter or even mighty WV or maybe you think Rutgers would steamroll through the SEC or Big 12 or Pac 12. I think they all stink- not drama, just my analysis from watching the games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom