Louisiana Monroe looking for a coach | Syracusefan.com

Louisiana Monroe looking for a coach

I saw this news as well, lots of openings this offseason. But not all job openings are equal. People see the number of openings and get nervous in regards to Syracuse IF the SU job comes open (not saying you are just some people in general I have seen on this board.) You can put these open job in tiers.

You got your top tier of USC, South Carolina, Miami, Maryland (under armour money behind them), VT. These guys will be talking to big names and some NFL guys and be kicking those tires. I mean USC wants Jon Harbaugh. Miami is looking at Charlie Strong. I mean these openings have nothing to do with SU (IF the SU job is open. It's not even a factor for SU.) They are looking at guys SU wouldn't even consider.

Your lower tier which is North Texas, ULM, Hawaii...these teams won't be in on the "hot young up and comer" and talking to those guys. Nobody is leaving Temple or Memphis to take a job at North Texas or ULM. Not happening. These schools aren't a factor when it comes to Syracuse and their opening IF there is one.

Then your mid tier which is Missouri (who will probably promote from within and not even have a search), Illinois, UCF, and if the Syracuse job and Rutgers job are open they fall into this tier.

I saw this news as well, lots of openings this offseason. But not all job openings are equal. People see the number of openings and get nervous in regards to Syracuse IF the SU job comes open (not saying you are just some people in general I have seen on this board.) You can put these open job in tiers.

You got your top tier of USC, South Carolina, Miami, Maryland (under armour money behind them), VT. These guys will be talking to big names and some NFL guys and be kicking those tires. I mean USC wants Jon Harbaugh. Miami is looking at Charlie Strong. I mean these openings have nothing to do with SU (IF the SU job is open. It's not even a factor for SU.) They are looking at guys SU wouldn't even consider.

Your lower tier which is North Texas, ULM, Hawaii...these teams won't be in on the "hot young up and comer" and talking to those guys. Nobody is leaving Temple or Memphis to take a job at North Texas or ULM. Not happening. These schools aren't a factor when it comes to Syracuse and their opening IF there is one.

Then your mid tier which is Missouri (who will probably promote from within and not even have a search), Illinois, UCF, and if the Syracuse job and Rutgers job are open they fall into this tier.
I think Missouri is a dark horse to get Herman. The current Mizzou AD, Rhoades, hired Herman for Houston last December.

What? 8. Are you serious?

6-7 for sure

you can easily argue that life in Hawaii beats the 315 and UCF is a potential giant with lots of eyes on it for various reasons

Arguably more attractive:

Illinois, Maryland, Miami, Missouri, South Carolina, USC, Virginia Tech.

Illinois is the one I would forfeit. The rest are better.

I think Missouri is a dark horse to get Herman. The current Mizzou AD, Rhoades, hired Herman for Houston last December.
Could be and I have read that story as well. But Herman isn't coming to Syracuse if the Syracuse job is open anyway, so again is SU really competing with Missouri for candidates? No! I probably have Missouri in the wrong tier they are probably a top tier school since its an SEC job now that I think about it.

When some of these jobs come open they aren't considering the same people SU are. So the number of jobs that are open is essentially meaningless. It's the number of jobs at schools "like SU' in regards to football that are open. SU and Illinois are fighting for the same guys when it comes to a head coach. SU and UCF will be fighting for the same guys. If Rutgers is open then SU and Rutgers will be fighting for the same guys. SU and South Carolina won't be talking to the same guys for their open jobs

Where would you put Virginia and Rutgers?

Not sure I agree with Maryland or Missouri either. Again you said at least 8 which I call bs on

Edit sorry wrong person for at least 8

Not sure I agree with Maryland or Missouri either. Again you said at least 8 which I call bs on
Maryland has Under Armour money behind them, so financially they are a top job. Even if the program isn't much to write home about. Any coach that gets the Maryland job will get $$$$paid$$$$

Missouri is an SEC job, SEC jobs are top college football coaching jobs

Maryland has Under Armour money behind them, so financially they are a top job. Even if the program isn't much to write home about. Any coach that gets the Maryland job will get $$$$paid$$$$

Missouri is an SEC job, SEC jobs are top college football coaching jobs

Again I can see Missouri but Maryland is not a better job. Sorry

Could be and I have read that story as well. But Herman isn't coming to Syracuse if the Syracuse job is open anyway, so again is SU really competing with Missouri for candidates? No! I probably have Missouri in the wrong tier they are probably a top tier school since its an SEC job now that I think about it.

When some of these jobs come open they aren't considering the same people SU are. So the number of jobs that are open is essentially meaningless. It's the number of jobs at schools "like SU' in regards to football that are open. SU and Illinois are fighting for the same guys when it comes to a head coach. SU and UCF will be fighting for the same guys. If Rutgers is open then SU and Rutgers will be fighting for the same guys. SU and South Carolina won't be talking to the same guys for their open jobs
I didn't mean to suggest that we were in competition with Missouri; even less that we are a contender for Herman. Maybe he's not a candidate so soon after getting his first HC job, anyway. But, if Herman does move along, how would the Houston job fall into your tiers?

Again I can see Missouri but Maryland is not a better job. Sorry
On the field, probably and equal job to Syracuse. If a person has to pick between an offer from Maryland which will pay alot of money or job offer from Syracuse who pays nothing in regards to P5 jobs, it's not even a decision the Maryland job is better financially and that's all that matters.. It's like being offered to be the manager of the Yankees or the manager of the Tampa Bay Rays. One team pays one team doesn't. Same here, Maryland will pay big bucks SU won't

I didn't mean to suggest that we were in competition with Missouri; even less that we are a contender for Herman. Maybe he's not a candidate so soon after getting his first HC job, anyway. But, if Herman does move along, how would the Houston job fall into your tiers?
Houston would probably be on the same level as us in the same tier...UNLESS they get an invite into the Big 12 (which has been rumored) then its a Top Tier job

On the field, probably and equal job to Syracuse. If a person has to pick between an offer from Maryland which will pay alot of money or job offer from Syracuse who pays nothing in regards to P5 jobs, it's not even a decision the Maryland job is better financially and that's all that matters.. It's like being offered to be the manager of the Yankees or the manager of the Tampa Bay Rays. One team pays one team doesn't. Same here, Maryland will pay big bucks SU won't

Maybe but last I saw they couldn't even keep the books straight.

Houston would probably be on the same level as us in the same tier...UNLESS they get an invite into the Big 12 (which has been rumored) then its a Top Tier job
The whole "Big XII looking for 2 new members" is interesting. But, unless they get frozen out again this year, I don't expect them to be moving on expansion immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom