Louisville announces self-imposed postseason ban | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville announces self-imposed postseason ban

lol. the UNC basketball team didn't do anything wrong. It was all on the academic side of the house. The NCAA doesn't care about that*.

*Except for applicants high school transcripts, players grades, APR, students receiving help from tutors, etc.
Beautifully put.

By my reckoning, this could lead to Pitino losing up to 7 years' worth of wins.

In reality, he'll lose zero. JAB will petition the NCAA to restore his wins using Pitino's "penalty" as reference. JAB is back as second winningest D1 coach.

Screen-Shot-2013-03-31-at-7.33.39-PM.jpg
His hand is giving him the gesture I think we would all like to give to him.

We were over-punished but we had somebody do a paper for one of our players and the AD was behind it. Don't throw stones in glass houses my friend, I'd say it would make you look more <redacted> than you already are.
Did they do the paper in its entirety or edit it, as a tutor might do to make corrections? There's a difference to me.

By my reckoning, this could lead to Pitino losing up to 7 years' worth of wins.

In reality, he'll lose zero. JAB will petition the NCAA to restore his wins using Pitino's "penalty" as reference. JAB is back as second winningest D1 coach.
I have a feeling the NCAA will find a way to not include the 2013 as they aren't in the business of wanting to strip NC titles from programs.

JB will get his wins at some point it is just pettyness at this point. He should just file a lawsuit against the NCAA and get the ball rolling on that. Jerry Tarkanian sued the NCAA and won. JB probably wouldn't even care about the money but he could force a settlement and get his wins back. That is his best chance and Penn State can do it he can as well.

Definitely sucks for those grad transfers as noted above. I don't know. Before we crucify Pitino; if Boeheim didn't know what was going on (and we believe that) then I'm giving Pitino the benefit of the doubt. Pitino is well liked and respected. Pulling a Lewinsky a la Clinton doesn't make him some horrible guy, imo.
Huh? Providing prostitutes to high school recruits, in a state where prostititution is presumably illegal, in order to convince them to attend your school, is the same as two grownups being adulterous?

Also is Pitino really respected, given his very checkered past?

Did they do the paper in its entirety or edit it, as a tutor might do to make corrections? There's a difference to me.
I could be wrong but I thought someone added a footnote(s). I also thought the paper was about himself, as opposed to some more academically involved topic.

Huh? Providing prostitutes to high school recruits, in a state where prostititution is presumably illegal, in order to convince them to attend your school, is the same as two grownups being adulterous?

I am still pissed at him for invoking Ted Kennedy's death as some sorta news story that could take the heat off him for the day.

My take on this is that this is a gesture to avoid losing that 2013 Championship banner, since the events had to take place during that season. They are taking a harder "self-punishment" than SU did last year because we were going nowhere last year anyway.

As always, players bear the brunt of a penalty, while coaches and administrators remain unscathed.

If colleges REALLY wanted to stamp out violations then the penalty for transgressions would be the suspension, without pay, of a program's AD and head coach for an entire year (including all sport-related sources of income, not just base). I bet all of these people who run programs would suddenly be much more "aware" of things happening in their program.

Until the adults are punished, severely, then this whole system is an utter joke of a joke.

They are taking a harder "self-punishment" than SU did last year because we were going nowhere last year anyway.
You don't know that.

They were on the bubble when the announcement was made. The motivation to fight it out in tough games waned after that point. Just as UL may wilt as the season drags on.

Sorry - off topic just s little. How horrible did Rick Pitino look in that news conference? His skin coloring, his eyes etc - he just does not look like a healthy man at all.

Around here, yes. Some things in his past are not good, but it is the past and it gets blown out of proportion. He does a lot of good things for his players and community that can get overlooked or not acknowledged. But, if he's actually part of this mess now and denied it, then he certainly needs to go. If not as he claims, then I feel bad for him. You can see the anxiety and wear in his face.

Sorry - off topic just s little. How horrible did Rick Pitino look in that news conference? His skin coloring, his eyes etc - he just does not look like a healthy man at all.
Cherie, that was mentioned in another post and I commented as well that he doesn't look as if he has "aged" well. It is possible he is ill, but it is most likely stress.

Around here, yes. Some things in his past are not good, but it is the past and it gets blown out of proportion. He does a lot of good things for his players and community that can get overlooked or not acknowledged. But, if he's actually part of this mess now and denied it, then he certainly needs to go. If not as he claims, then I feel bad for him. You can see the anxiety and wear in his face.

If his coaches were giving prostitutes to his recruits, would the fact that he knew nothing about it really make you feel bad for him?

There is no good outcome for Pitino. Either he is a scumbag or he is criminally negligent.

Personally, its hard for me to believe that someone as successful as Pitino has been could be that negligent, but even if that very small possibility comes true he still looks incredibly bad.

Cherie, that was mentioned in another post and I commented as well that he doesn't look as if he has "aged" well. It is possible he is ill, but it is most likely stress.
Sometimes when you get older you look better if you carry some extra pounds - which means I am looking fantastic!

Last edited:
If his coaches were giving prostitutes to his recruits, would the fact that he knew nothing about it really make you feel bad for him?

There is no good outcome for Pitino. Either he is a scumbag or he is criminally negligent.

Personally, its hard for me to believe that someone as successful as Pitino has been could be that negligent, but even if that very small possibility comes true he still looks incredibly bad.
Come on - it's not like this all happened at a public place like say a restaurant or something.

Last edited:
General20 said:
If his coaches were giving prostitutes to his recruits, would the fact that he knew nothing about it really make you feel bad for him? There is no good outcome for Pitino. Either he is a scumbag or he is criminally negligent. Personally, its hard for me to believe that someone as successful as Pitino has been could be that negligent, but even if that very small possibility comes true he still looks incredibly bad.

This is the same guy who claimed that if he knew the Celtics weren't going to get the #1 pick to select Tim Duncan then he never would have taken the C's head coaching job.

Yes, he *assumed* they would win the lottery. They had a 25% chance.

He's utterly FOS at all times, basically.

I know people here like him b/c of his 40 year old SU ties, but he's the worst.

I have a feeling the NCAA will find a way to not include the 2013 as they aren't in the business of wanting to strip NC titles from programs.

JB will get his wins at some point it is just pettyness at this point. He should just file a lawsuit against the NCAA and get the ball rolling on that. Jerry Tarkanian sued the NCAA and won. JB probably wouldn't even care about the money but he could force a settlement and get his wins back. That is his best chance and Penn State can do it he can as well.
If JB sues the NCAA, I'll do the EBT on Emmerick for free.

Clear evidence that Petino knew:

1. Players mysteriously and unnaturally relaxed at Saturday and Sunday practices;
2. Walk-on guards who couldn't reach the net suddenly skying over the rim and flushing with wry smiles;
3. Practice balls covered with red lip stick;
4. Spike of dehydration issues during weekend games;
5. Players seen laughing uncontrollably in the presence of the HC and referring to him as "boi!!".

Last edited:

How is it pettyness if the games vacated were played with ineligible players?

Because drugs?
That was the example that occurred to me. Should a player be able carry around a 20 pound bong at Kentucky and play while any kid at SU is deemed "ineligible" because "we had a policy"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom