Louisville Attendance | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

Based on the amount of blue on the ticketmaster map, I doubt we reach 40K which is a massive disappointment IMO. Sure the weather hasnt cooperated the last two home games for tailgates, walk-ups, etc. but this is what the fanbase wanted, winning. They said they would show up when we start winning. Well, theres a great chance to see the team move to 8-2 tonight. I just don't think that the attendance situation will ever be fixed.

Based on the amount of blue on the ticketmaster map, I doubt we reach 40K which is a massive disappointment IMO. Sure the weather hasnt cooperated the last two home games for tailgates, walk-ups, etc. but this is what the fanbase wanted, winning. They said they would show up when we start winning. Well, theres a great chance to see the team move to 8-2 tonight. I just don't think that the attendance situation will ever be fixed.
Still have a full day of sales and walk ups before we can throw in the towel

Should be a good walk up, and fast track vouchers can be turned in right before game. could add another 1000 between now and game time.

I think about 40,000 tickets have been sold as of 12:00 p.m. and with ticket sales throughout the afternoon along with a very good walk up ($10 military & Fastrac) we may be able hit 43,000 at kickoff.

In my opinion a Saturday game at 3:30 p.m. may have attracted 45,000.

Don’t disagree with the sentiment and hate that it feels like pulling teeth to get the casual locals there. BUT, as has been said here in a million ways, attendance is a lagging indicator. We’re a week removed from knowing how meaningful this game would be and there are legit barriers in place for a large share of the potential attendee base (e.g., nobody outside of driving distance has a shot...and Friday mitigates anybody from out of town stuck at work). The macro point of being up 8% for the year is what matters. Next year will be another bump. None of us want to be patient, but the people building business cases and assessing direction of the program get it.

Don’t disagree with the sentiment and hate that it feels like pulling teeth to get the casual locals there. BUT, as has been said here in a million ways, attendance is a lagging indicator. We’re a week removed from knowing how meaningful this game would be and there are legit barriers in place for a large share of the potential attendee base (e.g., nobody outside of driving distance has a shot...and Friday mitigates anybody from out of town stuck at work). The macro point of being up 8% for the year is what matters. Next year will be another bump. None of us want to be patient, but the people building business cases and assessing direction of the program get it.

Your last sentence is absolutely correct. We will start to see the benefits of this year in next years season ticket sales. Have another good year in 2019 and see another bump the following year. Right now we are counting on walk ups. It will get better we just have to be patient

Our overall attendance has gone up this year despite no big name team like Clemson coming in.

As long as we don't completely collapse to end this season and start next year our game vs them should be our biggest crowd in a long time.

[QUOTE="IthacaMatt,

Louisville has collapsed this year, and it's really puzzling to me. Bobby Petrino has lost that team and probably gets fired. They, too, have some great athletes. If they make the right hire, they could bounce back quickly. If they make the wrong hire and someone wants to tear things down and start over, then we could be looking at an awful Lousville again next year. They still scare me because of their athletes, but this is one I think we should win.

How many of those athletes will Louisville have next year? They have had 20 requests for transfers from this years team.They may be a mess for several years.

Your last sentence is absolutely correct. We will start to see the benefits of this year in next years season ticket sales. Have another good year in 2019 and see another bump the following year. Right now we are counting on walk ups. It will get better we just have to be patient

yep, every single sport is like this, both pro and college. if you have a team that has sucked for a while, attendance jumps the year after the turnaround. As Skurey points out, no Clemson at home this year like we have next year, plus BC and Pitt come to the Dome too. Even with the loss of Dungey after this season, we have Tommy waiting to take over and a lot of others returning on the two deep, we should be ranked going into next season (i would think) and that will help too

Weather will be miserable all afternoon and night with a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain.

Definitely not tailgating weather.

Already had 4 people ask to join my season ticket group, next year will definitely be a nice increase in the season ticket pool.

Our overall attendance has gone up this year despite no big name team like Clemson coming in.

As long as we don't completely collapse to end this season and start next year our game vs them should be our biggest crowd in a long time.

FSU came in. They're a big name regardless of their play at the time. Big crowd too, IIRC.

One of my best friends has seasons for hoops in the top row of 309 or 310, right at halfcourt.
No railings on those stairs, unfortunately.
Death waits for me in around Row I everytime I see a game with him and his group.

The demon lives out at Row I...

Weather will certainly impact attendance. My buddy that works for the thruway got called in to salt. He was bringing 3 other people that have never been to the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom