Louisville Attendance | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Attendance

I thought it looked good by the time Neal had his long TD to make it 17-7. It looked pretty bad when the game started. Sounds like traffic was backed up badly.
Traffic was terrible. It didn’t help that we had a late start due too winter sport tryouts for my boy. At 6:30, 81 and most side streets were at a dead stop. We ended up parking on State Street and Burt to walk up. No chance we were getting in the Dome before kickoff if we tried getting into a lot.

Traffic was absolutely ridiculous today. Actually left at 530 (usually leave at 6) because we heard it was going to be bad, but cops really did a terrible job managing traffic. Took over an hour and a half to get up Adams st. Finally made it to my seats with 9 minutes to go in the 1st. I bet people are still coming in. Good looking crowd though

Agreed. Sat on Adams for over an hour coming out of the Dino / Pressroom area. How the heck were they not prepared for that? There was gridlock at every intersection for blocks. Would have been easily solved by a few more traffic cops. SPD needs to do better going fwd.

Traffic was ridiculous. Another negative that a winning product needs to overcome. You really need to use side streets to get there.

I live in Ottawa which has similar weather to Syracuse. And I would always think we would never see a massive storm like you see in the south

There was a massive tornado that devastated a small rural town (Dunrobin) about 20 minutes from the city back in late September (largest in 116 years in Eastern Ontario). Crazy weather is everywhere now.
Where in Ottawa?

Traffic was ridiculous. Another negative that a winning product needs to overcome. You really need to use side streets to get there.
Didn't read this whole thread, but I believe I read that there was an accident in the worst possible location sometime round 6:00 or 6:30 PM.

I know Louisville is a poorly coached train wreck of a team, but it’s possible the noise was contributing to their miscues. I imagine it can be a disorienting experience when it’s loud, the way the sound bounces around in there.

Agree. Many great coaches have commented on how bad the noise is on the field and how communications break down inside the Dome. FSU's Bobby Bowden was glad to walk away with the win and played annoyingly loud music at practice all week to get the players used to the noise levels. The built in advantages of the "Loud House" are as good or better than the 80K-100K stadiums.

Traffic was awful all over 81 from Binghamton right up to Cuse. Left Bing a little before 4 when I got out of work. Didn’t get parked until 6pm. Missed out on the fine lot tailgate. Not good.

I’ve been going to the Dome since it opened, and traffic was the worst I’ve ever seen it on game day. Accidents, weather, Friday night... a perfect storm. As this program rebounds, people are really going to have rethink the amount of time they dedicate to their game experience and leave home (or work, as might be the case on a Friday night game) earlier.

I avoided 81 s. Took 481 around the city and came up 81n. Everything was fine. Just look at traffic app before you get car. You may drive a few more miles but may save you 30 minutes sitting in traffic (just like the old days).

Reactions: FAL
I avoided 81 s. Took 481 around the city and came up 81n. Everything was fine. Just look at traffic app before you get car. You may drive a few more miles but may save you 30 minutes sitting in traffic (just like the old days).

Good move; good advice. 81S was brutal through the city. Fortunately exited at Clinton and only had to deal with Friday rush hour traffic.;)

Good move; good advice. 81S was brutal!
Ya, I come from brewerton, so wife has 5 minutes to decide 81s or 481s. It’s usually a very last minute decision where she yell 481 or stay. It’s turned in a nice little game we play.

I think the wave made it around 4 times. It was a great wave!!!

Took awhile to get it going. Guy in my section started it. But once it got going it was awesome and super loud. To bad we we're on offense. Should have waited for when the defense was on the field

Wish I could see the players and coaches reaction to that.

It is times like these when I question why anyone lives up here. 6 months of this crap.
I love it. Walking up to the dome in the cold sleet, under ominous skies was an adventure in and of itself.

JMHO, if you hate it you either don't know how to dress properly or don't have a very deep appreciation for nature. What I dont understand is the masses of people who live here and complain about the cold. I'm not convinced they hate winter more than they love to complain.

May have been posted. Seems pretty clear it is in the fans' control whether Dino would ever consider leaving.
That's a man that has a new agent so he can get a contract extension.

Seemed like a solid 40k... but at second glance at the urinal... maybe only 30k. Short in Syracuse got to compensatate.
You lookin' at me dude? Urinal etiquette man, eyes up!

I love it. Walking up to the dome in the cold sleet, under ominous skies was an adventure in and of itself.

JMHO, if you hate it you either don't know how to dress properly or don't have a very deep appreciation for nature. What I dont understand is the masses of people who live here and complain about the cold. I'm not convinced they hate winter more than they love to complain.

The cold doesn’t bother me.

The snow is a pain. Gotta get it out of the driveway, get it off the car, drive slower, etc. Its a whole ordeal just to go anywhere.

I’m not ready. We’ve had a lot of mild November’s and December’s in recent years. Those help big time.

Legit might buy extra season tickets and just give them away, just to support the guy’s program.

How any recruit doesn’t come here after talking to him is beyond me. The guy has “it”.

Love that season ticket idea. I might do the same since I can't attend myself. I donate every year but might do that as part of my donation next season as long as I can make sure they truly will be used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom