Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield

Keep in mind there are 75 of "the nations best recruiters" BFD

Yeah - like Mike Locksley... who is now charged with taking the Maryland dumpster and setting it on fire...

Easier to recruit when your program has Nike’s millions.

Yeah exactly with those facilities etc. At the end of the day, you have to win games and prove to kids you have vision and know What you are doing as a head coach, not saying this coach can't do this at Louisville but the label of "nations top recruiters" is so overused.

Yeah exactly with those facilities etc. At the end of the day, you have to win games and prove to kids you have vision and know What you are doing as a head coach, not saying this coach can't do this at Louisville but the label of "nations top recruiters" is so overused.
yes, but recruiting connections do matter.

Chris Ash was one of "the nation's top recruiters" at Ohio State, before taking the Rutgers job.

Bob Diaco was one of "the nation's top recruiters" at Notre Dame, before taking the uconn job.

Its a lot easier to be a "top recruiter" when your school recruits blue chip talent by itself.

I don’t get why everyone keeps spelling “Dino Babers” wrong. I was assured that he was going to UL.

Chris Ash was one of "the nation's top recruiters" at Ohio State, before taking the Rutgers job.

Bob Diaco was one of "the nation's top recruiters" at Notre Dame, before taking the uconn job.

Its a lot easier to be a "top recruiter" when your school recruits blue chip talent by itself.

The guy who is successful at selling ad time for the Super Bowl won't have the same success selling ad time for the 2 am Golden Girls rerun on TV Land.

And I thank you for being a friend.

amazing how well things work here when you just hire a guy who has a great proven system and when you stop promoting recruiters who don't know what they're doing or when you stop running watered down antiquated nfl BS

amazing how well things work here when you just hire a guy who has a great proven system and when you stop promoting recruiters who don't know what they're doing or when you stop running watered down antiquated nfl BS

Dating back to when P got canned, I was one of the many repeatedly clamoring for us to bring in a proven HC. Financial limitations forced us go the coordinator route numerous times in a row, with generally poor success [Marrone notwithstanding].

Thankfully, ACC shared revenues changed our profile and enabled us to actually bring in someone of quality when we hired Dino Babers and staff. What a difference when you have a staff that knows what they're doing, that already has a track record of success / being a high performing team, and that had shown repeatedly that they can implement their system swiftly and get results swiftly.

Dating back to when P got canned, I was one of the many repeatedly clamoring for us to bring in a proven HC. Financial limitations forced us go the coordinator route numerous times in a row, with generally poor success [Marrone notwithstanding].

Thankfully, ACC shared revenues changed our profile and enabled us to actually bring in someone of quality when we hired Dino Babers and staff. What a difference when you have a staff that knows what they're doing, that already has a track record of success / being a high performing team, and that had shown repeatedly that they can implement their system swiftly and get results swiftly.

I swear, if we didn't follow up Shafer with an offensive mind who had previous head coaching experience, I was gonna...

probably do nothing, and keep coming here and keep going to games, and probably be miserable. I mean, I really don't seem to have anything better to do.

I'm glad it didn't come to that drastic decision.

The type of coach we needed was so obvious. And we got one.

I swear, if we didn't follow up Shafer with an offensive mind who had previous head coaching experience, I was gonna...

probably do nothing, and keep coming here and keep going to games, and probably be miserable. I mean, I really don't seem to have anything better to do.

I'm glad it didn't come to that drastic decision.

The type of coach we needed was so obvious. And we got one.

we'd be sitting here talking about having to give some turd a contract extension to not scare off the recruits who are already scared off by the board

i swear the best thing about babers is that everyone is finally watching an offense that makes sense. we don't have to talk ourselves into bs about why it could never work here.

we'd be sitting here talking about having to give some turd a contract extension to not scare off the recruits who are already scared off by the board

i swear the best thing about babers is that everyone is finally watching an offense that makes sense. we don't have to talk ourselves into bs about why it could never work here.

Plus Wildhack knows what he's doing... after years languishing under Jake and Gross, it's so refreshing to see a competent, focused AD at the helm.

Mark Coyle changed our lives. And then exited our lives.

I remember the extension talks, they were great. If you don't extend him, he can't recruit. What if he keeps losing games, can he recruit then?

Makes me think of something wise that my boss often says, "what problem are we trying to solve?"

Mark Coyle changed our lives. And then exited our lives.

I remember the extension talks, they were great. If you don't extend him, he can't recruit. What if he keeps losing games, can he recruit then?

Makes me think of something wise that my boss often says, "what problem are we trying to solve?"

It's better than the Jake days...

"we're a private university. we will never be able to compete with the big programs, so just do whatever you can with less... and be glad you have an HC job, paul... i'm gonna have a smoke... you want one?"

Thank you. Exactly.

[

Talking about northeast recruiting connections, crow hops, meatheads with stale systems and wide receivers that "can't beat press coverage"

[

Talking about northeast recruiting connections, crow hops, meatheads with stale systems and wide receivers that "can't beat press coverage"
gotta play the types of offenses that ny kids play in outside in the mud. fall off our chair with excitement for guys who went 18 for 47 passing their whole senior year. a couple years ago, we were hoping that tray dingleburper would revolutionize offense by running back and forth between TE and FB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom