Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield

Hmm. That's probably a pretty good hire.

yes indeed. it is smart to avoid someone when their most redeeming quality is that they are a name (Mack Brown, Les Miles etc) and hire whom appears to be the right guy with not as big of a name, which seems to be the case here

much rather have SS than Brohm there.....and I still despise their program

imo Brohm would have been a sure fire homerun who would eventually turn L'ville around to an annual contender for the Atlantic. Satterfield is a good hire, but by no means a home run. I don't think his name would tear up the recruiting trail like hiring Brohm (or even Babers) would have. Probably the best we could have hoped for.

imo Brohm would have been a sure fire homerun who would eventually turn L'ville around to an annual contender for the Atlantic. Satterfield is a good hire, but by no means a home run. I don't think his name would tear up the recruiting trail like hiring Brohm (or even Babers) would have. Probably the best we could have hoped for.
Brohm would have been good but the cost to bring him and his staff to UL was too high for a bankrupt athletic department.

I think this is a great hire; Satterfield is excellent and has great contacts in most of the areas UL primarily recruits.

I am baffled by the Mack Brown here by UNC. Re-treads don’t tend to be successful. Not a fan.

G Tech, you are on the clock...

Last edited:
Next year, half our games will be against new staffs.
Louavul - Satterfield
UNC. - Mack Brown
William & Mary. - Mike London (where have I heard that name before?)
Old Dominion. - kept HC Bobby Wilder, but fired nearly all assistants
Liberty. - TBD
GIT - TBD

Louavul - Satterfield
UNC. - Mack Brown
Liberty. - TBD
GIT - TBD
Advantage Cavaliers.

October of next year UNC fans are going to want to kill their AD for not hiring Satterfield.
I agree with this. I have no idea why they hired Brown part 2 over Satterfield. Satterfield is a really good hire for Louisville.

In his press conference here yesterday and in talking to the team he was incredibly excited and wants to bring championships here. Of course all coaches do. I think he will have Ville turned around a lot in a couple years. Interesting to see how he will recruit. He was Tyra's choice after Brohm all along. Most fans here are excited but some are wait and see.

In his press conference here yesterday and in talking to the team he was incredibly excited and wants to bring championships here. Of course all coaches do. I think he will have Ville turned around a lot in a couple years. Interesting to see how he will recruit. He was Tyra's choice after Brohm all along. Most fans here are excited but some are wait and see.

They already have a ton of talent, they could be noticeably better next year but definitely will be pretty good in a couple years I think.

Louavul - Satterfield
UNC. - Mack Brown
Liberty. - TBD
GIT - TBD

Wow. London must be on a mission to coach every program in the commonwealth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom