Louisville/Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Louisville/Kentucky

MiniCuse

All Conference
Kentucky stretching the 1st half lead to 12. Pretty one-sided officiating as well.

People talk about not getting Quade...the bigger whiff was essentially saying no to Shai Alexander before Kentucky entered the picture.

Was the expectation that we could have gotten him? I recall very little from that recruitment.

Was the expectation that we could have gotten him? I recall very little from that recruitment.
My understanding was there was a point where all we had to do was say yes...but the decision was made to hold out for Quade.

Alexander decommitting from Florida was known months before it officially occurred.

I think the first time I heard that alexander was looking at us was April or May of 2016. Not sure what happened at Florida.

We need to do better and go harder after the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) market. It has been one of the most fruitful North American markets .for high school recruits in the past 5-7 years, and while we have had a decent amount of Canadians the last 10 years (Rautins, Ennis, Joseph, Brissett) I think we can do better

Need to become the clear "GTA" school, as these kids tend to like to follow others before them. Each recruit we get will build up goodwill for others.

We are after all the closest P5 university at 246 miles drive. Michigan is the next at 275 miles.

Last edited:
My understanding was there was a point where all we had to do was say yes...but the decision was made to hold out for Quade.

Alexander decommitting from Florida was known months before it officially occurred.

I think the first time I heard that alexander was looking at us was April or May of 2016. Not sure what happened at Florida.
And who was the Einstein who made that call? The Alexander kid’s a star.

People talk about not getting Quade...the bigger whiff was essentially saying no to Shai Alexander before Kentucky entered the picture.
We offered him.

It doesn’t matter. We held the mighty Bonnies to that massive scoring drought, turnovers galore, and couldn’t win. When your offense keeps teams in games then all bets are off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom