Louisville looking to poach Dino? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville looking to poach Dino?

So you're saying that Schiano has a good chance to be hired at both Louisville and UNC?

That’s actually funny.

But UNC has to at least pretend they are not like UL. And their fan base is just snooty enough to not want to endure the huge ton of crap they would get from Duke. Or to be derided by NCSU fans, who the UNC fans consider to be a step down socially.

I love the Cons they listed...

From the Art Briles tree...and the problems the program was in
Hello Pot, you calling the kettle black?

Let’s see...
Strippers
Adidas
BPs affair

Gosh I hate all Kentucky schools with a passion

We've gotten to a sad point when strippers fall under the "cons" list.

Coach Babers still has three years left on his contract and I believe after the BOWL GAME that Babers will meet with the AD and his contract will be extended.

Remember now that Coach Babers(because of age) said he wanted to go somewhere so that he could settle down and retire when he's through coaching. My personal opinion is that he stays with Syracuse because he has a vision as to what needs to be done here.

We know there's potential to win here. They've done it before. But because Syracuse hasn't won in so long, others think it's an anomaly. Hence why Babers' name is appearing everywhere.

It’s weird. Syracuse was always above Louisville in football.

Bunch of Johnny Come Lately’s out there.

lol at this "article". I reached this statement and stopped.

Babers has won wherever he has been. Syracuse is certainly headed in the right direction and now might be a perfect time for Babers to move to a better destination, with a better history within the same division.

Well, Llvll does have a better history within the same division - since we've both only been in the same division in the ACC for a handful of years now.
Of course, the last 4-5 years isn't exactly history. Unless you're a Millennial, like this kid likely is.

Now, better program history, in general?
Pshah!!! Shut the front door.

As for "better destination" - um, where's your Dome, Llvll?
Neener neener neener!!! :cool:
Your AD is in ruins, everybody got fired for cause, and your racist sugar daddy booster ain't writing any more big checks.

believe after the BOWL GAME that Babers will meet with the AD and his contract will be extended.
I would guess before the bowl game. There will be a lot of speculation after the season ends and a lot of pressure will be relieved when an extension is announced. They will get it done.

For a school that wants to change their image, and I believe their new administration absolutely wants to, that's a legitimate con.

They're an attractive school. They have a great fan base. Top facilities. Solid recent history with bowls and a Heisman. They're a mess right now but kids don't care about how the Yum Center was financed.

I'd be shocked if Dino goes there, and honestly would be shocked if Louisville tried to poach from a division rival. That's not a good look and I don't believe the ACC was happy when Tom O'Brien went to NC State.

Theres not a snowballs chance in Rutgers hell it happens, I just find it comical...Dino has proven over his 3 stops he runs a tight ship and clean program...

Dino is not going anywhere and if he was it would not be Louisville. They were talking on College Football Live last week that the Louisville Athletic Department is in very bad shape financially. Here is part of a story about their financial situation prior to the Petrino buyout.

“Money is tight. Donations are down. The Hickman Camp Fund, whose $16.8 million balance represented more than two-thirds of ULAA’s available funds at the end of 2017, lost more than half of its value through basketball coach Chris Mack’s buyout from Xavier University and U of L’s settlement with former athletic director Tom Jurich.

ULAA business manager Jeff Spoelker said Monday that the Hickman Camp Fund had dwindled to $8 million as of June. With $168 million in debt service already scheduled through 2044 and Rick Pitino’s breach-of-contract lawsuit still pending, ULAA appears loath to take on additional liabilities.”

Actually that’s not far fetched.

No reputable school would hire Schiano under normal circumstances.

Buuuuut, Louisville might consider it.

They have a ton of money. They have big money boosters outside the control of the University.
They have almost no academic requirements.
They have a history of sleaze. Schiano could recruit and bring in anyone regardless of their rap sheet.
They very badly want to win. In fact, they have to win to keep that mostly toothless fan base entertained.

And they could withstand all the negative publicity that Tennessee could not.
You also gotta factor in the success that Kentucky is having. That's putting a lot of pressure on UofL to turn things around quickly. If UK stomps them next week the pressure will only grow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom