Louisville looking to poach Dino? | Syracusefan.com

Louisville looking to poach Dino?

Dan Dakich (the guy who said Petrino was going to be gone within 72 hours) stated that Brohm will be announced as the next Louisville coach right after the season

Brohm turned them down I guess. He’d know he’s their runner up. Don’t see it. And even if he went there he’d leave after a year for a better job for certain likely next year. You take that job so you can go 6-6 or 7-5 and look like a miracle worker and then get something better.

We know there's potential to win here. They've done it before. But because Syracuse hasn't won in so long, others think it's an anomaly. Hence why Babers' name is appearing everywhere.

Can't wait for Brohm to turn them down and then watch them spiral similar to Tennessee last year. Not sure what HC worth anything would want to go to that dumpster fire.

OMG, now Nick Connor's getting into the poach-Babers clown show. For god sake, Nick, just stop. Give it a rest. He's not going anywhere. Spend your time trying to avoid another a**-kicking in 2019.

Last edited:
Every team with a need for a HC wants what we have, Dino’s name is going to pop up with every job opening. And if there was one team I wouldnt be worried about in the least when it comes to Dino leaving, it’s louisville. It’s a dumpster fire over there right now, I wouldn’t even call that a lateral move. He’s not leaving regardless, but Louisville isn’t even a threat.

Every team with a need for a HC wants what we have, Dino’s name is going to pop up with every job opening. And if there was one team I wouldnt be worried about in the least when it comes to Dino leaving, it’s louisville. It’s a dumpster fire over there right now, I wouldn’t even call that a lateral move. He’s not leaving regardless, but Louisville isn’t even a threat.
This. And everyone thinks they can get him. Dont know how many realize Dino still has 3 years left on his contract and probably a large buyout

Greg Sciano may still be sniffing around. After all the contract buyouts and lawsuits do you think Louisville has enough money left over for a helicopter?

Greg Sciano may still be sniffing around. After all the contract buyouts and lawsuits do you think Louisville has enough money left over for a helicopter?
He's doing a bang up job over there in Columbus these days.

OK - I'm ready to back up the truck if someone can fill it with cash. CUSE needs to pay up and keep Dino!

Actually that’s not far fetched.

No reputable school would hire Schiano under normal circumstances.

Buuuuut, Louisville might consider it.

They have a ton of money. They have big money boosters outside the control of the University.
They have almost no academic requirements.
They have a history of sleaze. Schiano could recruit and bring in anyone regardless of their rap sheet.
They very badly want to win. In fact, they have to win to keep that mostly toothless fan base entertained.

And they could withstand all the negative publicity that Tennessee could not.

I love the Cons they listed...

From the Art Briles tree...and the problems the program was in
Hello Pot, you calling the kettle black?

Let’s see...
Strippers
Adidas
BPs affair

Gosh I hate all Kentucky schools with a passion

For a school that wants to change their image, and I believe their new administration absolutely wants to, that's a legitimate con.

They're an attractive school. They have a great fan base. Top facilities. Solid recent history with bowls and a Heisman. They're a mess right now but kids don't care about how the Yum Center was financed.

I'd be shocked if Dino goes there, and honestly would be shocked if Louisville tried to poach from a division rival. That's not a good look and I don't believe the ACC was happy when Tom O'Brien went to NC State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom