Louisville overreaction | Syracusefan.com

Louisville overreaction

littlereg

845 hoops extraordinaire
I feel like ever since we played ourselves on the bubble weeks ago that the expectations of this season rose from where they were and now that we are playing more towards our projection people are getting mad, placing blame everywhere, etc like this isn’t the team Expected at the beginning of the season. Why does a road loss at one of the best teams in the country automatically change that?

I agree - I think the Louisville game was a perfect storm for a beat down - them returning home after 2 losses and woeful efforts. Us on the road after a gut wrenching, tournament eliminating loss. We are what we are - a limited team that is mediocre. Thankfully that can be said about most of the teams in the ACC this year so it has helped cushion the blow. I still think 17 wins is a reach but hope I"'m wrong.

I feel like ever since we played ourselves on the bubble weeks ago that the expectations of this season rose from where they were and now that we are playing more towards our projection people are getting mad, placing blame everywhere, etc like this isn’t the team Expected at the beginning of the season. Why does a road loss at one of the best teams in the country automatically change that?

I think the reaction is more to the direction the program is heading with our 6th straight 12+ loss season than specifically to the game. The game just showcased how far we are away from what we once were, amplifying the situation.

Why does a road loss at one of the best teams in the country automatically change that?

I think part of it is that it's been a long time since we got beat down. All of our losses recently even against very good teams have been highly competitive in the second half. This Louisville game felt like the early season games where we just rolled over and died.

Eh, just frustrating because, in spite of how bad I thought we were all year, we were in on the talk of making the tourney, and then it all falls apart.

We just needed to squeak out a big win, just one big win, and then win all the games that evil-bastard Pomeroy tells us we'll win, to make it all seem possible again - an invite to the big dance!

March Madness! Another Sunday sweating about the bubble! It all seemed within our grasp...…….alas, what I feared most came to fruition, and we collapsed, and now, well, now, we may not even be in on the bubble talk. Even Gillon and White got some of that stuff!

wasn't just a road loss. we were outclassed and embarrassed on ESPN.

I missed the Louisville debacle and then decided not to put myself through that torture, so maybe I don’t have the same visceral reaction as everyone else this week. But if we had just beat Clemson (1 point loss) and Florida State (3 point loss) and have Elijah for the NC State game (5 point loss), we’re 10-5 and in 4th place in the ACC and in good position for an NCAA bid. That said, I’m still disappointed.

I agree with what a lot of everywhere here is saying. I feel like most of us thought our season would be about where it is right now (as in record, standings, etc). I don’t think one game changes the outlook of the program the outlook hasn’t changed this year. It’s definitely been down we all know that there’s legit excuses and there’s faults as well but to me this game or season didn’t really change that any for me. At the beginning of the season we were all happier because the team has been a lot more funny and enjoyable this year compared to the last few season but we didn’t have much expectations.

But if we had just beat Clemson (1 point loss) and Florida State (3 point loss) and have Elijah for the NC State game (5 point loss), we’re 10-5 and in 4th place in the ACC and in good position for an NCAA bid.

It's the culmination of so many close games that we lost, and to have one final game where we can make a statement and truly right the ship and "get over the hump", and then just look lifeless for the entire second half, was brutal to watch. Although a lot easier to take blood pressure wise...

Early in the season I believe there was a thread about what our year would look like. Memory at my age isn't that great, but think I had us having a decent season and be sixth in the conference and sneaking into the tournament.

In hindsight I sure didn't think we would have as many OOC losses. Also, probably none of us thought the ACC as a whole would be this weak. We could still finish sixth I suppose, but that won't get us into the tourney on its own.

If nothing else at least this season has provided me with a lot more games available on TV thanks to ACCN and the team is more enjoyable to watch than the last couple of years. Maybe I can take some solace in that.

It's the culmination of so many close games that we lost, and to have one final game where we can make a statement and truly right the ship and "get over the hump", and then just look lifeless for the entire second half, was brutal to watch. Although a lot easier to take blood pressure wise...
It’s hard to believe that we won 5 straight games, then proceeded to lose 5 of our past 6. Even if we could’ve pulled out FSU and Clemson, we’d be 9-6 and hoping to win 4 of our last 5 to stay in the thick of the bubble conservation. Just having one top 50 big, a defensive stalwart, would have helped this team enormously.

It’s hard to believe that we won 5 straight games, then proceeded to lose 5 of our past 6. Even if we could’ve pulled out FSU and Clemson, we’d be 9-6 and hoping to win 4 of our last 5 to stay in the thick of the bubble conservation. Just having one top 50 big, a defensive stalwart, would have helped this team enormously.
Top fifty how about a top 250?

I missed the Louisville debacle and then decided not to put myself through that torture, so maybe I don’t have the same visceral reaction as everyone else this week. But if we had just beat Clemson (1 point loss) and Florida State (3 point loss) and have Elijah for the NC State game (5 point loss), we’re 10-5 and in 4th place in the ACC and in good position for an NCAA bid. That said, I’m still disappointed.

Agree but some of the wins were pretty ugly and could have been losses. If we win today with good Syracuse showing up I think we can win out and enter the ACCT only needing 1 win to get in.

best win of the season was the cavs and that was OT. the cards game was boot meet butt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom