Louisville Predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Predictions

I keep hearing these warnings about the defense and I think people watched a different game. Colgate could do nothing. They were a poor mans Nova and couldn't move the ball.

We may still be not good at D, but we didn't learn that from last nights game.
I couldn't watch the game but from what I read from a number of people there were receivers wide open a number of times that the colgate qb flat out missed. That's not something we can depend on happening when we step up in competition. I think this defense will be fine eventually, and as our offense improves that will help it even more. But just like Louisville can't expect to sit their entire starting offense in the second half against us the way they did against UNCC, I don't think we can extrapolate much about how our defense will be against them based on what it did against Colgate.

Listen, I get that you're excited about all of the changes. I am too. I actually have hope again. But I am also a realist. We have a tall hill to climb next week against a talented team that is experienced in their system, and we will be in week 2 of ours with a very young team that is undersized on defense. We played a good FCS team that would beat a lot of lower level FBS teams. Louisville is not a lower level FBS team.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom