Louisville - What I’m Hoping to See | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville - What I’m Hoping to See

What do I want to see?

200w.gif

Terrible officiating but we still played a horrible game offensively. Gilbert and Devito were both bad at their jobs
If you're the OC going into that game and knowing how Shaddy thinks, you have to assume they are going to do everything possible to stop the run. Devito was the starting QB because of his passing ability, he had to make enough throws to loosen up the box. He didn't. I don't think the game plan was bad, if they ran the ball and had a lot of 3 and outs, people would have howled about that just the same. Sterlin was the scapegoat for last season, I get it, I don't agree with it.

If you're the OC going into that game and knowing how Shaddy thinks, you have to assume they are going to do everything possible to stop the run. Devito was the starting QB because of his passing ability, he had to make enough throws to loosen up the box. He didn't. I don't think the game plan was bad, if they ran the ball and had a lot of 3 and outs, people would have howled about that just the same. Sterlin was the scapegoat for last season, I get it, I don't agree with it.
Ask Tucker and Shrader how they feel about Gilbert.

Ask Tucker and Shrader how they feel about Gilbert.
Tucker had one of the best years at running back in SU history and Shrader isn't a top flight passing QB. He was converted to WR at Miss State. Maybe they will be better with Anea and Beck, or maybe not. We'll see.

Maybe Babers shouldn’t have stuck by his preplanned rotation and not taken Tommy out of the game after 3 series. Those first 3 series Tommy was 7-8 and throwing bb’s. We got into Rutgers territory twice with one being killed by a holding call and the other by a ref who made a ridiculous fumble call at Rutgers 5. Who knows if Tommy lost the rhythm having to then wait for shraders 3 series.

I want us to look like we're playing competent, intentional football in all three phases of the game.

I want us to play our game in front of our home fans. None of this trash like Rutgers last season where we allowed them to drag us down into the mud.
That Rutgers game was such a predictable “Syracuse” thing to do. They were so bad. Embarrassing.

Maybe Babers shouldn’t have stuck by his preplanned rotation and not taken Tommy out of the game after 3 series. Those first 3 series Tommy was 7-8 and throwing bb’s. We got into Rutgers territory twice with one being killed by a holding call and the other by a ref who made a ridiculous fumble call at Rutgers 5. Who knows if Tommy lost the rhythm having to then wait for shraders 3 series.
Shades of the Madei Williams/Troy Nunes usage against Michigan!

I’m hoping to see my favorite psychopath Mikel Jones literally knock Malik’s head off of his body and for Garrett Shrader to drop his nuts on every ACC media loser who didn’t say his name once all summer’s head

Wish we had an Alec Lemon. Didn’t have a lot of speed but the man knew how to run a route and had nice hands.

Why the talk all the time about WR speed, we’ve been recruiting speed since Babers got here. Give me 1 Alec lemon and I’ll at least know one player can catch the ball and run routes.

Why the talk all the time about WR speed, we’ve been recruiting speed since Babers got here. Give me 1 Alec lemon and I’ll at least know one player can catch the ball and run routes.
I thought Cooper was that guy, he catches most everything.

I’m hoping to see my favorite psychopath Mikel Jones literally knock Malik’s head off of his body and for Garrett Shrader to drop his nuts on every ACC media loser who didn’t say his name once all summer’s head
It’s not there fault…. They didn’t know

Our WR production was really good in Babers first few years: Etta Tawo, Ishmael, Estime, Phillips, Custis, Jackson, Riley to an extent. I don’t know what happened the last couple years at that position.

A couple things….
I hope our OL this year can perform that well.
I wish we had had Nassib for another year.
I wish we had Lemon last year instead of Taj, and I wish we had Lemon this year.
Nassib made the WR’s job so much easier.

I'm hoping we don't allow a huge play on the first possession to go down 7-0. Unbelievable how common that seems to be for us in huge games or moments where the crowd is fired up.
Agreed. Don't want a classic Syracuse let down.

Reward the fans and take control early.

Our WR production was really good in Babers first few years: Etta Tawo, Ishmael, Estime, Phillips, Custis, Jackson, Riley to an extent. I don’t know what happened the last couple years at that position.
Gilbert happened and now he is gone.

As you mention, Dino turned around the WR production in YEAR 1, so this isn’t something that should take long. Plus, unlike the past couple years, we have the horses again and they are all in their 3-4th years

exactly

What I want to see is an eleventh-hour barrage of promotion and hype from the university to let anyone on earth other than those of us who live and breathe it, know that there is major college football happening in Syracuse this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom