Love him or hate him, Coach K is pure class! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Love him or hate him, Coach K is pure class!

I think he was trying to pump Mercer up to beat another team so Dook isn't the only one to lose to them.

K has brought in a top 5 recruiting class every year for the past 25 years. he should win 95% of the games he coaches.

The way he berates the refs is pure class. The way he had the losses stricken from "his" record when he went out sick was classy. How he criticises and refuses to do a 10 second interview at the half, but allows Wojo to do it is classy. Teaching players to flop instead of solid defense is classy. There is not a bigger ego in college bball than K. He knows when to put on the charm.

While I respect K as a coach, there certainly is an ego aspect to this move. Does he think he's so special that the Mercer team would be in awe of his presence?

I never heard of a coach doing this. Seems weird to me. I wonder how the Mercer coach felt about K usurping his team's locker room celebration.

OrangeSky said:
While I respect K as a coach, there certainly is an ego aspect to this move. Does he think he's so special that the Mercer team would be in awe of his presence? I never heard of a coach doing this. Seems weird to me. I wonder how the Mercer coach felt about K usurping his team's locker room celebration.

Like it or not K is the all time winning coach in the history of college basketball and still going strong. A team like Mercer who are almost all seniors know college basketball, the school hasn't been to the tournament in 20+ years, and most if not all of these guy will never play this competitive basketball more than one more game in their life. The win is something they'll always remember, the post game visit from K is something they'll always remember as well.

K basically told Dawkins to Adios, for at least a year, but this article makes it sounds like K was trying to "help" Dawkins. Shameful, after all that Dawkins had been through.

In the days that followed, Dawkins came to the practice facility for weightlifting, but he noticed that he was not on any of the schedules for individual workouts. That's weird, he thought. When he went to Krzyzewski's office for what he assumed was a standard end-of-season meeting, Coach K dropped the bomb on him. "You're not going to play for us next year," he said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20131113/andre-dawkins/#ixzz2wj2GftCe

Often a classy guy, but has his moments.

And, seriously, if you are going to go on the record that your conference is better than another conference and there is no way that conference should have more tourney bids than your conference, then you sure as hell shouldn't go out and lose to a 14 seed in the first (or second I guess) round of the tourney. Even if it might be true.

If Duke wins yesterday I'm sure K would point out the A-10's 1st round performance during the off day press conference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom