Love raks effort today | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Love raks effort today

Tell about how Temple's a good team who played well.

You can do it.

It isn't about us sucking or Temple playing well...and obviously both are true.

It's about the Pollyanna crowd trying to pin every loss on the refs.

Why not play Grant more?? He's an excellent weak side rebounder. We got killed on the back side rebounding today.

I haven't really seen that today. You're jumping the gun...just like the refs did on a few of those late game foul calls.

The refs weren't the reason Cuse lost, but they made a few shaky calls late in that game. When your team is down and trying to come back and a few questionable calls go against you...that will be mentioned by 100% of the fanbases. That's just normal reaction.

Haven't seen much on the refs other than those things being pointed out, nobody is really pinning the loss on them. But you're an "agenda poster" so it doesn't matter what actually happens, you'll say what you're going to say anyway.

I haven't really seen that today. You're jumping the gun...just like the refs did on a few of those late game foul calls.

The refs weren't the reason Cuse lost, but they made a few shaky calls late in that game. When your team is down and trying to come back and a few questionable calls go against you...that will be mentioned by 100% of the fanbases. That's just normal reaction.

Haven't seen much on the refs other than those things being pointed out, nobody is really pinning the loss on them. But you're an "agenda poster" so it doesn't matter what actually happens, you'll say what you're going to say anyway.

Enlighten me on my agenda...whatever it is its probably less juvenile than fabricating aliases on a message board.

The starting 4 and 5 remind me a heck of alot of TRob and Mookie. Lots of hype but inconsistent play at best thus far. Still early in the season but both have limited minutes. Keita is outplaying both and his ceiling is no where near the other two.

The starting 4 and 5 remind me a heck of alot of TRob and Mookie. Lots of hype but inconsistent play at best thus far. Still early in the season but both have limited minutes. Keita is outplaying both and his ceiling is no where near the other two.
i disagree. if rak were to get 30 minutes a game and was allowed to play through mistakes he would be fine. his quick hooks are destroying his confidence and rhythm. i have loved his offense the past 4 games, and he is right there on the glass almost every play. we need his size and athleticism down there. baye is doing good, but as you said his ceiling just isn't as high. he is playing to the best of his ability, but there are some plays he just can't make, where on the other hand Rak would have made them. he needs to shake his leash

i disagree. if rak were to get 30 minutes a game and was allowed to play through mistakes he would be fine. his quick hooks are destroying his confidence and rhythm. i have loved his offense the past 4 games, and he is right there on the glass almost every play. we need his size and athleticism down there. baye is doing good, but as you said his ceiling just isn't as high. he is playing to the best of his ability, but there are some plays he just can't make, where on the other hand Rak would have made them. he needs to shake his leash

Somewhat agree. However, it appears Rak gets the quick hook due to his lack of effort getting back on D at times. I noticed JB immediately call from Baye after Rak's missed dunk to start the 2nd half. Instead of just getting back quickly, he kind of just bent over in frustration...Temple came right down and got an easy bucket...

"You guys are just calling fouls before they even happen!" - Boeheim

Loved that from JB, lol. They blew, didn't cost us the game by any stretch of the imagination, but they sucked at their job all the same.

LOL can Syracuse ever lose without the refs being involved? They straight up sucked today.
Sure can. But thats not what happened. It was a joint effort. Of course thats a balanced/objective approach.

Did I miss someone saying we played well but lost due to the refs? ...Just checked and I didn't. Everyone agrees we make free throws we win anyway. MCW plays anywhere near a good game we win. We get more rebounds, we win.

So your Pollyanna crowd is another figment of your imagination. Imagine that!

Enlighten me on my agenda...whatever it is its probably less juvenile than fabricating aliases on a message board.

Doc-in response to your earlier post, I used to post on syracuse.com until the antics of David Wood and his aliases drove me towards wanting to leave that site. Since, I've been an infrequent poster, mostly a lurker of syracusefan.com since its inception. I tend to agree with all your insightful posts, and think "BigDW" or whatever he calls himself these days still continues to stir unneeded controversy by claiming everyone has an "agenda"...we all have opinions but only his can possibly be right.

Anyway, not to rant... I think this game pointed out our weaknesses, BUT I'm confident the team learns from this game and our weaknesses can improve to being strengths by the end of the year, namely our low-post offense. If Coleman can stay healthy (knee issues?), him and Rak should progress nicely by March. Young big guys need some time to find their game. I also think MCW's shooting can improve, and Triche and Fair will be counted on a lot and come through...I disagree CJ is a ballhog as bigDW insists...not many guys showed up today on top of their game, so CJ knew he had to step up and try to do some things.

From my observations, your agenda involves knocking the SU schedule no matter what, knocking the SU fans who defend the team/program against any criticism, and proving how YOU are the smart/logical fan while almost everyone else is a bunch of dumb, biased morons.

Aliases? There goes your imagination jumping the gun again. I have had slight name changes over the last decade or so, but have never tried to hide who I am.

Doc-in response to your earlier post, I used to post on syracuse.com until the antics of David Wood and his aliases drove me towards wanting to leave that site. Since, I've been an infrequent poster, mostly a lurker of syracusefan.com since its inception. I tend to agree with all your insightful posts, and think "BigDW" or whatever he calls himself these days still continues to stir unneeded controversy by claiming everyone has an "agenda"...we all have opinions but only his can possibly be right.

If I recall you showed up on that board following me around and attacking me from the first time you posted. I guess you were trying to make a name for yourself by riding my coattails! Keep in mind that there was no registration required on that site, and my name became a popular one to use(perhaps by you?) to make me look bad, which is why I had to alter my handle a few times.

I rarely take aim at anyone who is a Syracuse fan. This guys smugness needed to be brought down a peg, and I'm far from the only one who thought so!

You're all gonna get banned if you don't cut the crap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Somewhat agree. However, it appears Rak gets the quick hook due to his lack of effort getting back on D at times. I noticed JB immediately call from Baye after Rak's missed dunk to start the 2nd half. Instead of just getting back quickly, he kind of just bent over in frustration...Temple came right down and got an easy bucket...

Maybe that's true, but the quick Temple score was the fault of every Syracuse player who didn't get back, and Rakeem had the worst position (under our own hoop) of anyone out there - after making a respectable play on a badly underthrown pass, no less.

Didn't like the quick hook in that instance (I do understand why he got pulled after the lazy effort on a first-half runout). Sure didn't help our offense; we barely give Baye any touches when he's out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom