Love the gt offense, probably not so much very soon. Nm | Syracusefan.com

Love the gt offense, probably not so much very soon. Nm

I l0ve the GA Tech offense.

A lot of fun to watch - football the way I like it.

I l0ve the GA Tech offense.

A lot of fun to watch - football the way I like it.

Not very fun to watch when they only muster 200 yards on NC St... People here would HATE it after 2 weeks.

Not very fun to watch when they only muster 200 yards on NC St... People here would HATE it after 2 weeks.

Don't count me in that group. I covered Johnson at Navy and loved his offense there. I've watched a bit of this game and still love his offense. I'd enjoy it.

Don't count me in that group. I covered Johnson at Navy and loved his offense there. I've watched a bit of this game and still love his offense. I'd enjoy it.

Personally I love it, we used a variation of that offense in high school. We won my senior year even though our fans hated the offense completely. It allowed us to take advantage of our strengths - smart kids, quick linemen, and speedy running backs. Would love to see us run it here.

I'm just saying, the way people are on this board, The first game we lose because we couldn't come back from a deficit without passing, there would be a calling for the coach's head.

GT has more of a passing threat this year than in years past. It's all about personnel, familiarity with the system and trust by the OC (Paul Johnson, in this case).

Again we see a coaching identity- Paul Johnson- flex bone, risk taker (4th downs)

I am not familiar with that game, but on the whole, my understanding is that his offense has been very productive at Ga Tech.

GT is funny in the way that they could put up 450 yrds per game, but also only muster 150 yards, and this seems to happen regularly. most of the games around 4-500 yards, and a few games a year where they cant move the ball. and they end up with 3 losses or so and never really go beyond that. gameplan doesnt change regardless of what is or isnt working.

Again we see a coaching identity- Paul Johnson- flex bone, risk taker (4th downs)

The risk he took in the game was stupid and played a huge hand in losing the game. Going for 4th and 1 on his own 31 yard line with 13:30 left in the 4Q is ed. They didn't get it. VT then scores there putting the game out of reach because Georgia Tech can't pass the ball.

it's fun when it's clicking, but when they get down by 9 or 10 points late in the game and you already know it's over because they can't throw the ball at all it's incredibly deflating.

when VT scored late you could just see the energy go out of everyone b/c they already knew they weren't coming back

btw - Houston put up 73 on Tulane last night - went off through the air and on the ground

Gene Chizik/Gus Malzahn at Auburn have an Identity...Malzahn is described as one of the sports most innovative offensive minds...remember his Tulsa teams

This shocks me but we are averaging more points per game against BCS AQ schools than Auburn is...

Gene Chizik/Gus Malzahn at Auburn have an Identity...Malzahn is described as one of the sports most innovative offensive minds...remember his Tulsa teams

This shocks me but we are averaging more points per game against BCS AQ schools than Auburn is...
Auburn's BCS AQ opponents are SEC teams and a ranked ACC team on the road

Stop making sense. Great album. I saw David Byrne in Portland, Or one night riding a one speed bike down the road... I looked at my buddy, was that Davide Byrne? It certainly was, talented dude. I think he was just getting some excercise before a show..

GT has more of a passing threat this year than in years past. It's all about personnel, familiarity with the system and trust by the OC (Paul Johnson, in this case).

really? in years past they had calvin johnson and damaryus thomas (denver first round pick).

i love it conceptually. do the opposite of everyone else. teams built for spreads and to defend spreads can't make any sense out of the triple options (see Clemson). VT was lucky it had a bye week to prepare.

really? in years past they had calvin johnson and damaryus thomas (denver first round pick).
i forget who their qb was during the johnson years (for chip, every year is a johnson year) but whoever he was, he was turrrrrible, as charles barkley would say

i forget who their qb was during the johnson years (for chip, every year is a johnson year) but whoever he was, he was turrrrrible, as charles barkley would say

Josh Nesbitt - his stat line every game was like 6/18, 105 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

Auburn recruits at a level in line with their competition...Last year they had superior talent and the "system" produced...this year, not so much talent, not so much production

Its been implied that we need a HC/OC with an identity or a "system" and life will be rosy...I don't buy it

The risk he took in the game was stupid and played a huge hand in losing the game. Going for 4th and 1 on his own 31 yard line with 13:30 left in the 4Q is ed. They didn't get it. VT then scores there putting the game out of reach because Georgia Tech can't pass the ball.

All points bulletin for Millhouse.

All points bulletin for Millhouse.
i was long asleep by that point
looks like VT converted a 4th down td at the goal line
with GTs running game, 4th and 1 just about anywhere is a good gamble
i never claimed it always works. it's probabilities.
plus punting against VT is not without its own risks

Disagree completely. With the way their offense runs it's probably a 75% chance or higher that they convert. Just because people punted in the old days doesn't mean you should. I think it all depends on situations and if I was a coach I would barely ever if I had 4th and 1 anywhere.

I'm completely with Millhouse here, I hate punting, especially once you get to midfield. Punting from the 50 is the stupidest thing in sports.

Disagree completely. With the way their offense runs it's probably a 75% chance or higher that they convert. Just because people punted in the old days doesn't mean you should. I think it all depends on situations and if I was a coach I would barely ever if I had 4th and 1 anywhere.

I'm completely with Millhouse here, I hate punting, especially once you get to midfield. Punting from the 50 is the stupidest thing in sports.

It doesn't matter what the % is. It was a stupid call based on score, time and field position. Even if they convert, they're still 70 yards away and down a point. It was a dumb call. There's tons of time to punt and play defense. Not go down by 4 or 8 points at that juncture.

Instead VT starts with the ball 30 yards out, punches in a TD and goes up by 8 points with ten minutes left in the game.

If Marrone made the same stupid call he'd be getting killed today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom