Love this team... | Syracusefan.com

Love this team...

Good for you. Our effort was great tonight. Too bad some can't see that. We lack speed. With teams that don't blow by us, we'll be fine. We3 must get more speed on the outside.
Great effort indeed. That's a hell of a play by Eskridge there.

Effort was what it needed to be. Execution was poor. And we so obviously lack playmakers on offense. And they were who they thought they were [channeling my inner Denny Green]. And yet, we forced them into lots of turnovers, Hunt played better than he has all year, and we were a couple of missed plays from making this game really interesting.

Too bad--they were definitely the better team, but we competed better than many predicted.

Last edited:
We didn't get embarrassed and had some bright spots to take from tonight's game.

Still lots to improve on but we weren't blinded by the bright lights of the prince time game in a big city.

I have hope yet for this years team.

We didn't get embarrassed and had some bright spots to take from tonight's game.

Still lots to improve on but we weren't blinded by the bright lights of the prince time game in a big city.

I have hope yet for this years team.
I'm embarrassed

How? They played a top 10 team. Refs were brutal. Could have been a 1 score game without them...
The offense is anemic and the special teams is horrendous. The defense was lucky they played an overrated top 10 team.

The offense is anemic and the special teams is horrendous. The defense was lucky they played an overrated top 10 team.
"The Defense was lucky"

How so?

Nd was lucky with the biased calls they got all night on Offense...

Quazzum69 said:
...about the uniforms? I'm most embarrassed by the uniforms.

No way. Thought this look was pretty great.

Quazzum69 said:
...about the uniforms? I'm most embarrassed by the uniforms.
On that front, FWIW, Gedney said on the radio broadcast (with about 7:00 or so minutes to go) that they were wearing the grey to impress the recruits. But what would he know.

On that front, FWIW, Gedney said on the radio broadcast (with about 7:00 or so minutes to go) that they were wearing the grey to impress the recruits. But what would he know.

I think a win under the bright lights would impress them more. 0-3 now at MetLife.

Ozcuse said:
I think a win would under the bright lights would impress them more. 0-3 now at MetLife.
"Control the controllables."

You guys think that was "competing". I was at the game. We were done when we went down 2 scores. If it wasn't for ND's inability to hold into the ball, this would have been a absolute train wreck. Our defense "tried" but they just weren't good enough. Our offense was straight up garbage from the play calling to the apparent talent level and shockerrrr we commit penalties all the time.

longislandcuse said:
You guys think that was "competing". I was at the game. We were done when we went down 2 scores. If it wasn't for ND's inability to hold into the ball, this would have been a absolute train wreck. Our defense "tried" but they just weren't good enough. Our offense was straight up garbage from the play calling to the apparent talent level and shockerrrr we commit penalties all the time.
Then quit following the team.

longislandcuse said:
Lol ok. Sorry, I left my poms poms on my seat. You can still be a fan and be critical.
Man, it obviously causes you agita -- and you expect better. Chill out and watch the Ryder Cup, where the US never disappoints.

I hear you. "Competing" as in they are what they are and they mostly gave really hard effort. The secondary blows. That's a given right now. Competing as in fighting so we didn't lose by 40, regardless of the ND turnovers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom