LSU Athletic Director Joe Alleva on when SU deal will be done | Syracusefan.com

LSU Athletic Director Joe Alleva on when SU deal will be done

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
"Asked when the contract between LSU and Syracuse for a home-and-home series would be finalized, Alleva said only “very soon” but added that the deal will get done.

“We’re going to play,” he said.

The games would be in 2015 and 2017, with the first game likely at Syracuse’s Carrier Dome in upstate New York.
http://theadvocate.com/sports/8667272-128/alleva-says-lsu-not-considered

I am psyched about this. Having a top tier team come to the Dome for an OOC game should get everyone pumped. I'd love nothing more than to pull the upset. I also think I may head down to Death Valley to catch the game, I've always wanted to go.

Given recent history, SU will announce that homecoming weekend will coincide with the LSU game.

Big win for Dr. Gross and Frazier. I give them props for getting a top 10 college brand into a home/home agreement with our game at the Dome. I still say I would throw a hoops home/home into the deal just to give LSU a thank you for playing a road game 1000+miles away in a 49.5k seat stadium. I hope Gross makes the buyout a real high figure.

Last edited:
I hope Gross makes the buyout a real high figure.
If the first game is in Syracuse what does it matter?
Again, P-5 programs don't screw each other over.

If the first game is in Syracuse what does it matter?
Again, P-5 programs don't screw each other over.
Your right I misread it at first. I thought 2015 was at LSU, but if the first game is here we wouldn't buyout the return game for sure.

Also, we gotta give Gross and Frazier credit for this series.

If I could create a list of 10 OOC teams I would want to see at the Dome. Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, USC, Texas would be my list, and he got one of them to play us at home on an equal deal.

This is where Doug Marrone should get a little less venom from our fanbase as he brought the program back to respectability, and while he didn't get the program back to the top 25 he really cleaned up a tough mess after Robinson.

Last edited:
Your right I misread it at first. I thought 2015 was at LSU, but if the first game is here we wouldn't buyout the return game for sure.
The Fowler article speculated that the first game would be in Baton Rouge, while the second article implied that the first game would be in Syracuse. I'm not concerned and am looking forward to the games.

Last edited:
The Fowler article speculated that the first game would be in Baton Rouge, while the second article implied that the first game would be in Dyracuse. I'm not concerned and am looking forward to the games.

Damn they are moving the game to Dyracuse that's farther away than Met Life. It's good for me though it's only about an hour away from Madison. ;)

I like it. Big non conference game back in the dome. awesome

If I could create a list of 10 OOC teams I would want to see at the Dome. Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, USC, Texas would be my list, and he got one of them to play us at home on an equal deal.

If we are talking strictly OOC, mine would be:
Michigan (We had a nice little 2-game series with them 15 years ago.)
Alabama (They have never been to the Dome.)
Florida (Kirby Dar Dar. That is all.)
Texas (Had a couple of good games with them 20 years ago)
Oklahoma (We owe them.)
Georgia (They owe us. HaHaHa!)
Nebraska (Get them back in the Dome and do it again!)
Tennessee (We REALLY owe them one. This time, we use our refs.)
Notre Dame (Who doesn't like to beat Notre Dame? Even GRob got them.)
PSU (I oppose scheduling PSU again. Ever.)

I cant describe to the younger generation what the Dome is like when it's at capacity. If they attended the Clemson game last year then they got a taste of it. Bringing schools like LSU into the Carrier Dome will create that atmosphere. Florida State and Clemson will create that atmosphere. It can reach up and grab you.

I know that I'll be in that Carrier Dome for those games, and, I hope the next generation of Syracuse fans shows up to watch it because it's an event. Believe me, it's emphatically better than watching it on your SmartPhone or Tablet.

I remember seeing Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame and Florida in the Carrier Dome... Not to mention, Miami, VT and the rest of the Big East. This is exciting.

I'm also for MetLife Games, but I'm more for strong non-conference games in the Carrier Dome.

"Asked when the contract between LSU and Syracuse for a home-and-home series would be finalized, Alleva said only “very soon” but added that the deal will get done.

“We’re going to play,” he said.

The games would be in 2015 and 2017, with the first game likely at Syracuse’s Carrier Dome in upstate New York.
http://theadvocate.com/sports/8667272-128/alleva-says-lsu-not-considered
Gross (and Frazier once he arrived) have received a lot of criticism for their handling of SU's OOC schedule. If this happens, it will be a major step forward for them. Can't sign that contract soon enough for me...

If we are talking strictly OOC, mine would be:
Michigan (We had a nice little 2-game series with them 15 years ago.)
Alabama (They have never been to the Dome.)
Florida (Kirby Dar Dar. That is all.)
Texas (Had a couple of good games with them 20 years ago)
Oklahoma (We owe them.)
Georgia (They owe us. HaHaHa!)
Nebraska (Get them back in the Dome and do it again!)
Tennessee (We REALLY owe them one. This time, we use our refs.)
Notre Dame (Who doesn't like to beat Notre Dame? Even GRob got them.)
PSU (I oppose scheduling PSU again. Ever.)
I would love to see us play South Carolina for the novelty of it. Georgia would be high on the list also, for recruiting purposes as well as game considerations.

UCLA would be pretty cool as well.

Big win for Dr. Gross and Frazier. I give them props for getting a top 10 college brand into a home/home agreement with our game at the Dome. I still say I would throw a hoops home/home into the deal just to give LSU a thank you for playing a road game 1000+miles away in a 49.5k seat stadium. I hope Gross makes the buyout a real high figure.

This was Herman Frazier.

This was Herman Frazier.
Well it is a home run for Frazier and his people. Getting LSU in a home/home with our home game at the Dome will give a lot more support and will alievate some of the worry I have bad with the tardiness in our non-conference schedule announcements.
Great job by Frazier. I give props when they are deserved and give criticism when warranted thus I gave him his props.

I cant describe to the younger generation what the Dome is like when it's at capacity. If they attended the Clemson game last year then they got a taste of it. Bringing schools like LSU into the Carrier Dome will create that atmosphere. Florida State and Clemson will create that atmosphere. It can reach up and grab you.

I know that I'll be in that Carrier Dome for those games, and, I hope the next generation of Syracuse fans shows up to watch it because it's an event. Believe me, it's emphatically better than watching it on your SmartPhone or Tablet.

I remember seeing Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame and Florida in the Carrier Dome... Not to mention, Miami, VT and the rest of the Big East. This is exciting.

I'm also for MetLife Games, but I'm more for strong non-conference games in the Carrier Dome.
the dome was one D stop away against clemson from being great again..

Well it is a home run for Frazier and his people. Getting LSU in a home/home with our home game at the Dome will give a lot more support and will alievate some of the worry I have bad with the tardiness in our non-conference schedule announcements.
Great job by Frazier. I give props when they are deserved and give criticism when warranted thus I gave him his props.

It will be a lot of fun seeing the Tigers in the Dome.

And I suspect that LSU will enjoy the experience though hopefully not the game itself.

It will be a lot of fun seeing the Tigers in the Dome.

And I suspect that LSU will enjoy the experience though hopefully not the game itself.

Beer sales at the Dome will make LSU fans love the trip.

I can't wait to go down there. Probably going to take a week to recover.