LSU - Kentucky - that was goaltending, right? | Syracusefan.com

LSU - Kentucky - that was goaltending, right?

Bad call.

LSU could have still won that game in OT, but the whole agenda will be that Kentucky should have won.

It looked like goal tending from the camera angle looking down on the rim but the announcers did not seem to think it was goal tending. I don't think they can review the goal tending aspect just if the tip was before the clock expired.

it was, you can rewiew things like shot clock violations but not goal tending, why?

That game was exciting to watch. That PG of theirs, Tremont Waters, whom we showed interest in but wasn't reciprocated, is stellar along with several other LSU players. That team looked liked the real deal, at least last night it did, which is the first time I've seen them play. How they got NJ product & Mickey D stud Naz Reid is a bit peculiar...

I mean, has to be doesn't it?
i didn't think so. i don't know the exact rule or what % of that ball was directly above the cylinder (certainly not 100 maybe 50 ) but it was definitely in an upward and outward trajectory away and not going in when touched.

Last edited:
Not goal tending but maybe basket interference. It’s not reviewable only the time on the clock.

Not goal tending but maybe basket interference. It’s not reviewable only the time on the clock.

Aren't they the same thing? I meant to say offensive goal tending, but you are probably correct on the wording. It was definitely still in the cylinder of the hoop even though it wasn't still touching the rim. Should have been waved off.

However you wanna word it, the basket shouldn’t have counted. It wasn’t going in, but was over the cylinder. Rule change coming in the off-season to be able to review this. At least under 2 minutes. Wish they just used FIBA rules for this. Makes no sense that you can’t just slam home a ball that is coming off the rim, but still over the cylinder.

That game was exciting to watch. That PG of theirs, Tremont Waters, whom we showed interest in but wasn't reciprocated, is stellar along with several other LSU players. That team looked liked the real deal, at least last night it did, which is the first time I've seen them play. How they got NJ product & Mickey D stud Naz Reid is a bit peculiar...

Waters would have looked really, really good on our team...

Exactly the type of lead guard we need.

He was following his girlfriend

It was goaltending but I thought only the above-basket camera clearly showed it.

It was goaltending on Kentucky.
A hand went right up through the rim during the shot. Defensive goaltending and count the basket. Should have been called that way. I can't believe any of you didn't see the same thing.

refs scooted right out. surprised the tigers hung out on court as long as they did. right call imo.

BC that's the rule
im just questioning why someone created a rule and thought one was a bigger deal than the other.. both are pretty clear things to see at about the same level on review.

It was goaltending but I thought only the above-basket camera clearly showed it.
side angle looks like the ball was clear. anyways the call was it counted and the review was probably just the clock. which he clearly beat. goaltending or interference not reviewable and certainly not reversible here.

nice comeback by LSU.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom