LSU/OU HC jobs... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LSU/OU HC jobs...

I like him but Fickell and Matt Campbell have better resumes.
Freeman has been recruiting like a demon at ND this year. He was brought in as Kelly's heir apparent.

Despite an occasional slip against ATM, LSU has done fairly well against the SEC West, with Bama as the biggest stumbling block. What will be very interesting is how the SEC will be structured when Texas and Oklahoma join the conference in 2025. If they do go to 4-team pods, I could see LSU as having both Texas schools, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, and both Mississippi schools as their conference schedule., with the Mississippi schools and Arkansas as their pod.
That wouldn't be too bad but Kelly better hope that realignment happens soon cuz they don't have a lot of patience down at LSU.

That wouldn't be too bad but Kelly better hope that realignment happens soon cuz they don't have a lot of patience down at LSU.
Unless there's some sort of buyout beforehand (and it's hard to imagine there would be), Texas and Oklahoma don't join the SEC until the Fall Semester of the 2025-26 school year. If he shows steady improvement 2022-24 over what's there now, his seat might get a little warm but I don't think there'd be an active movement to fire him.

Unless there's some sort of buyout beforehand (and it's hard to imagine there would be), Texas and Oklahoma don't join the SEC until the Fall Semester of the 2025-26 school year. If he shows steady improvement 2022-24 over what's there now, his seat might get a little warm but I don't think there'd be an active movement to fire him.
To quote the SEC's slogan - "it just means more" down there. Who'da thunk Florida could play Bama tough in the SEC title game, play in a NY6 bowl game and then be out on his ass less than a year later?

Freeman has been recruiting like a demon at ND this year. He was brought in as Kelly's heir apparent.
He’s the interim so he’ll have a head start.

I can see Oklahoma hiring Matt Rhule...Christian McCaffery is chronically hurt, and he has no QB with Cam being brought back in...He goes back to Oklahoma and college ranks for 10 years 95M.

149E1AD0-5A4D-41CE-8BCE-61BAE511E1E1.jpeg

OK going hard after Kingsbury. I don't see it but $$ talks.

OK going hard after Kingsbury. I don't see it but $$ talks.

I don't see it either and your right with the $. Kingsbury is too laid back for the recruiting game, IMO. he's doing a great job and has a great job at Arizona, has the QB he needs. Huge house in the desert. Scottsdale area. I read an article on him a year or so ago. Loves getting into the office early, getting a workout in, scheming new plays, tweaking the O etc but enjoys going home at night as opposed to dealing with boosters and recruiting all the time. Not saying he isn't working crazy hours but the point of the article was the NFL game suits his personality better. I would look for a nice contract extension soon. He also has a solid D coordinator that he lets do his job

Kingsbury is a perfect fit for the new brand of NFL coach.

Priorities or something like that.
Yea, but how much is the state actually paying Kelly. One would guess it's the boosters footing the bill, not the tax payers. If you're a rich donor, do what you will with the money, granted I wouldn't but who am I to say what to spend it on.

I don't see it either and your right with the $. Kingsbury is too laid back for the recruiting game, IMO. he's doing a great job and has a great job at Arizona, has the QB he needs. Huge house in the desert. Scottsdale area. I read an article on him a year or so ago. Loves getting into the office early, getting a workout in, scheming new plays, tweaking the O etc but enjoys going home at night as opposed to dealing with boosters and recruiting all the time. Not saying he isn't working crazy hours but the point of the article was the NFL game suits his personality better. I would look for a nice contract extension soon. He also has a solid D coordinator that he lets do his job

Kingsbury is a perfect fit for the new brand of NFL coach.
He’s looking for a contract extension.