Luck to be #1 | Syracusefan.com

Luck to be #1

And the Redskins will take RGIII, who is a tremendous athlete. But, given the Redskins history since the 1980's one can't have a lot of confidnce that even such a talent can make the skins into champs. He's Vick without the character flaws.

And the Redskins will take RGIII, who is a tremendous athlete. But, given the Redskins history since the 1980's one can't have a lot of confidnce that even such a talent can make the skins into champs. He's Vick without the character flaws.
I think Donovan was right. RG III being drafted by the Shanahans is a curse. Mike Shanahan has never developed a QB in his life. The only reason he even has a job is that he was lucky enough to coach John Elway.

Let's see him play a season before putting him up on that pedestal. NFC East > Big12.

As you may recall, Vick struggled with Atlanta. He was no instant success.

I think Donovan was right. RG III being drafted by the Shanahans is a curse. Mike Shanahan has never developed a QB in his life. The only reason he even has a job is that he was lucky enough to coach John Elway.

I think Dan Snyder is the guy behind this move. He's playing to his fan base.

I think RGIII is a tremendous talent. But it takes a while for a QB to develop. And running QBs are at great risk of injury.

I think Dan Snyder is the guy behind this move. He's playing to his fan base.

I think RGIII is a tremendous talent. But it takes a while for a QB to develop. And running QBs are at great risk of injury.
I heard T Hasselbeck say something intersting about RGIII not really being a typical running QB. His point was that RGIII is very fast but is a straight line runner, not really a scrambler with a lot of moves. He used Seneca Wallace as an example of what RGIII is not. I would think a straight line runner opens himself up for more contact than a scrambler. He also stated the RGIII has a much better arm. I wish the kid the best but I don't think Washington is going to be a good place for him.

As you may recall, Vick struggled with Atlanta. He was no instant success.

He was a pro bowler in his second year. Not sure what you mean by this.

He was a pro bowler in his second year. Not sure what you mean by this.
He actually made the pro bowl in 3 of his first 5 seasons. and didn't deserve a single one of them. 16/8, 14/12 and 15/13 are not pro bowl QB numbers. And his rushing stats did not justify it either. He also averaged 37 sacks and 12 fumbles in those seasons. Just goes to show that making a pro bowl does not always mean success.

I heard T Hasselbeck say something intersting about RGIII not really being a typical running QB. His point was that RGIII is very fast but is a straight line runner, not really a scrambler with a lot of moves. He used Seneca Wallace as an example of what RGIII is not. I would think a straight line runner opens himself up for more contact than a scrambler. He also stated the RGIII has a much better arm. I wish the kid the best but I don't think Washington is going to be a good place for him.

I'd advise any pro football player to stay away from Washington and Snyder. There is a long line of players who came in as heros and left as bums (Jason Campbell, LeVarr Arrington, McNabb, etc. etc.)

The Redskins have a very large and loyal fan base ... but in my experience as a season ticket holder in Phila, Dallas and DC and growing up surrounded by NYG, Jet and Eagles fans ... the Redskins fan base is the dumbest in Pro Sports.

Every year they are fed a line by the club and a weak, willing, compliant press corps. And every year they swallow that line of BS they are fed along with the attached hook and sinker. About half way through the season, some of them start to realize that the Hogs and Joe Theisman aren't coming back. But by next March, they are back again begging to be bamboozled.

When Joe Gibbs was hired for a second run at glory, there was euphoria followed by the eventual realization that Joe wasn't superman.

I'd advise any pro football player to stay away from Washington and Snyder. There is a long line of players who came in as heros and left as bums (Jason Campbell, LeVarr Arrington, McNabb, etc. etc.)

The Redskins have a very large and loyal fan base ... but in my experience as a season ticket holder in Phila, Dallas and DC and growing up surrounded by NYG, Jet and Eagles fans ... the Redskins fan base is the dumbest in Pro Sports.

Every year they are fed a line by the club and a weak, willing, compliant press corps. And every year they swallow that line of BS they are fed along with the attached hook and sinker. About half way through the season, some of them start to realize that the Hogs and Joe Theisman aren't coming back. But by next March, they are back again begging to be bamboozled.

When Joe Gibbs was hired for a second run at glory, there was euphoria followed by the eventual realization that Joe wasn't superman.

as a redskins fan i object your statement!! this is our year!! RGIII is our savior!! synder can do no wrong!!! shanny is an offensive genius!!

im gonna go play in traffic now

Did Jason Campbell actually enter Washington as a hero? Really?

Did Jason Campbell actually enter Washington as a hero? Really?

Maybe ""anticipated savior" is more accurate than "hero". Same with Heath Shuler. Same with LeVar Arrington.

I'll stick with my statement ... The dumbest fan base in pro sports. And a press corps --- especially on radio --- that will go 10 miles out of their way before saying anything negative in the pre-season and early regular season ... because the fan base doesn't like reality until it bites them in the ass.

Snyder is the problem. An overbearing egomaniac who meddles in the operation of the club assuming he's smarter than everyone else because he figured out a way to sell soap to college students.

They have seemed to get a tad less dumb with all the years of futility. Now it's just 70% of the fanbase instead of 99% that predicts the NFC title game in every preseason.

When Gibbs came back the noise around the team was ridiculous. Now they are taking out seats by the thousands in their hole of a stadium.

Good thing Luck will be loaded because he is one ugly dude. That mouth is all sorts of messed up.

Apropos of nothing, how did Luck not go to Notre Dame?
A "Luck of the Irish" campaign could have propelled him to the Heisman.
It would have even beat out "Theisman for Heisman."
Of course, I still hate Notre Dame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom