Luke Arciniega-New All All-time Favorite Player | Syracusefan.com

Luke Arciniega-New All All-time Favorite Player

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
I brought my son to the spring game. After the game we went down to the field to meet the players and get some autographs. All the players were great to the fans especially the kids. When we got to #5 Luke Arciniega I told him that my son had the same first name. Luke took off his arm sleeve and gave my son a personalized autograph. We were extremely excited that he would do this and it was completely unprompted. He even posed for a picture with my son.

As we went on down the line to meet the other players, Luke walks down after us and says that he didn't like how he wrote the first autograph. He didn't think it was very legible and took off his other arm sleeve and again gave my son another personalized autograph.

As a father, alumn and long time SU fan, I couldn't have be more proud of how Mr. Arciniega treated my son. It was something my son will never forget. Our house has a new favorite football player. Go Luuuuuke!

Cool story. Something similar with Shamarko and my girls several years ago

Cool story. Something similar with Shamarko and my girls several years ago

Shamarko posed for pictures and autographs the entire halftime and saw him getting mobbed after the game as well, but still had a smile on his face

Shamarko posed for pictures and autographs the entire halftime and saw him getting mobbed after the game as well, but still had a smile on his face

He's been like that since he stepped foot on campus. Each time I've interacted with him, he's been the most polite and respectful 22-ish year old I've come into contact with. Yes sir, no sir, thank you, you're welcomes, etc.

Great story and your right about shamarko. I was one of those that were taking a picture with him at halftime. I admire his will and incredible work ethic. He is one of a kind. Wish the best for him in the leauge

Shamarko helped turn our Program around - lets hope he makes it big on the next level.
And he seemed to do it often playing with injuries.

Great story and your right about shamarko. I was one of those that were taking a picture with him at halftime. I admire his will and incredible work ethic. He is one of a kind. Wish the best for him in the leauge
I'll second that too!!

One of your daughters is named Shamarko?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Damnit, you made me spit my drink all over my laptop. Well played, sir..

Good story.

Based on the size of Luke's guns, your son might be able to wear the arm sleeves over his torso, kind of like a flak vest.

I brought my son to the spring game. After the game we went down to the field to meet the players and get some autographs. All the players were great to the fans especially the kids. When we got to #5 Luke Arciniega I told him that my son had the same first name. Luke took off his arm sleeve and gave my son a personalized autograph. We were extremely excited that he would do this and it was completely unprompted. He even posed for a picture with my son.

As we went on down the line to meet the other players, Luke walks down after us and says that he didn't like how he wrote the first autograph. He didn't think it was very legible and took off his other arm sleeve and again gave my son another personalized autograph.

As a father, alumn and long time SU fan, I couldn't have be more proud of how Mr. Arciniega treated my son. It was something my son will never forget. Our house has a new favorite football player. Go Luuuuuke!

Very cool story! This part jumped out me as him having the attention to detail and extra work ethic to be very successful at SU (and beyond) as a football player and person.

Shamarko helped turn our Program around - lets hope he makes it big on the next level.

I wish I could like this post multiple times. Spot on, so true.

Getting Shamarko and Sharpe to flip on their Louisville commitment was HUGE for us, huge for that first recruiting class under Marrone, and had a huge impact on the field.

Spot on, OPA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom